If they do know as you say they do then i guess the only explanation to why is Sam absent is that they have no idea how to contiune with the story after blacklist and keep it live service full of micro-transactions etc....SC is not like the other games and Ubi studios prob putting forward diff ideas and at this point they still at that stage or they picked something some time ago and now they are working on it and while this is happening they trying to riase brand awarness via diff games/shows etc...

LuckyBide's Avatar Senior Member
    A little update: https://collider.com/splinter-cell-n...tad-interview/

The animated series should not be released before the end of 2022. The first season of 8 episodes has been greenlighted.
    But the most important news is that Derek Kolstad (who directs this series) will also be directing a Hitman TV series.
    It feels to me like they gave him these projects only to follow a trend because currently John Wick is a successful series in the movie industry... Anyway let's just hope these series will manage to put stealth forward and not be like John Wick, we'll wait & see.

First glimpse at the SC anime series

Originally Posted by LuckyBide Go to original post
    I'm sure Ubisoft knows, will all the comments and complaints about the absence of Splinter Cell they're receiving each year at E3.
    I don't like the John Wick movies but that's my own opinion? But yeah it would probably have a good quality production at least.
    I enjoyed them for what they were. You don't watch John Wick for a cerebral experience, or a sophisticated plot for mature people with world experience. You watch it to suspend reality and see some cool fight scenes. It's slightly off-tone Jackie Chan kind of thing, cool for what it is, but what it is not is an intelligent and realistically grounded story. Tom Clancy was supposed to be just that, a realistic world of military/espionage and geopolitics. His whole brand was to demonstrate what could/does go on in the cutting edge of reality. Sure, the stories push reality to the extremes, but just to the edge, not a mile over it. Ubisoft has chickened out on this proven brand by believing that because John Wick, Transformers, and Marvel exists there must not be room for traditional Clancy style narrative in the marketplace. It's a bunch of bad decision making in the business of consumer science where they try to test consumers for preferences.

Originally Posted by generalbrown20 Go to original post
    I enjoyed them for what they were. You don't watch John Wick for a cerebral experience, or a sophisticated plot for mature people with world experience. You watch it to suspend reality and see some cool fight scenes. It's slightly off-tone Jackie Chan kind of thing, cool for what it is, but what it is not is an intelligent and realistically grounded story.
    Actually those are the choreographed fight/gunfight scenes that I hated the most and found ridiculous.

Originally Posted by generalbrown20 Go to original post
    Tom Clancy was supposed to be just that, a realistic world of military/espionage and geopolitics. His whole brand was to demonstrate what could/does go on in the cutting edge of reality. Sure, the stories push reality to the extremes, but just to the edge, not a mile over it. Ubisoft has chickened out on this proven brand by believing that because John Wick, Transformers, and Marvel exists there must not be room for traditional Clancy style narrative in the marketplace. It's a bunch of bad decision making in the business of consumer science where they try to test consumers for preferences.
    Yep, exactly. Not only they are also trying to copy what actually works in the industry (the multiplayer hero shooter) because this format allows them to focus even more on seasons mechanics in order to sell even more microtransactions, but I bet they don't want to focus on realistic Tom Clancy plots because they are too scared of being censored or having three idiots making a tweet to complain. Just remember who they went to create a fictional island in Ghost Recon Breakpoint because the Bolivian governement complained after the release of Wildlands. Now they're trying to say that they want to be political with Far Cry 6 but that's total bullsh*t, they know nobody would complain because we can already predict that it will be a 6 years old story about a ridiculous resistant friendly and happy group of friends fighting against a cliché villain who is very very bad with his population.
    I will respect them the day they will create a real Tom Clancy plot like they used to do in the early 2000s, with a real geopolitical or a political game having a non manichean story. Like for example about China and its ambitions for expansion over Taiwan and other countries. Or a story about mass surveillance from the NSA and taking inspiration of what really happened in 2013 with Snowden, with this story evoking real philosophical and ethical problems that brings mass surveillance.
     1 people found this helpful