I seem to recall many moons ago there was some talk about the P-61. Maybe as an AI aircraft? Was I dreaming or is it the onset of a geriatric illness?

noshens's Avatar Senior Member
    I remember seeing basic 3d model of the plane don't know what happend. Same with p47 n or m (?)

Would love to see a full P-61 campaign with GCI steers to the bandit and then on-board radar taking over in the last five miles or so. Know that's a lot of work for somebody, but cool or what?

I know that ALOT of people want to see this plane be ingame as flyable, i personally would not fly anyhting else if i could. but as far as I know, they still need to figure a way to do radar on board. IF however they get the black widow working, that also means that we could have some european night fighters, such as the mosquito and uhu.

People! BoB is out next year! I'm pretty sure they're going to try to wrap up current projects, not start new ones.

Future-'s Avatar Senior Member
    Luthier recently said that the Black Widow currently is not in PF - maybe it will be there someday, however as AI only.
    Making it fully flyable would be, according to Luthier, even more difficult and time-taking than getting a heavy bomber done.

S!

well yah, becuase a single aspect of the P-61, the radar, is probaly more complex then some of the flight models in game. it also would probaly need a game engine change.

No just take the code form any number of newere simss that have radar and copy it over....

Stiglr's Avatar Senior Member
    A word?

NO.

Stiglr makes an *** of himself again.

From the horse's mouth: sooner or later in a patch addon.