FerudaFarstaria's Avatar Member

[Fanart] Fantasy ANNO Fan Artwork Creation

When Guddy and John mentioned in a past ANNO Afternoon stream on the Ubisoft Bluebyte Twitch channel that there are no Dragons in ANNO. Boy where they wrong! There are dragons in ANNO and I am one of them! And if they think I didn't see that stream...where they where making up random jokes about how dragons could be implemented into ANNO as a natural disaster as part of some volcano thing that destroys your entire city...boy where they wrong. That's right BUSTED! But I have to admit that some of those jokes where quite funny and amusing.

Jokes aside now. I have something very special to present to all the ANNO Developers and the ANNO Development Team at Ubisoft Bluebyte Mainz Germany. What I have here for them is a special fan creation of my fantasy character Feruda featured in the ANNO 1404 world. Done by a very great friend, fellow Annoholic, and talented artist Wolfi Hitory. We worked on this together. And I would like the entire team to see it. Feel free to feature it in the ANNO UNION as a fan creation/community spotlight. The ANNO Team has the permission to post if they'd like to. We don't mind at all. And it would be perfect timing since we just finished this artwork in time for the ANNO History Collection. I've been very excited about it. I am happy to be able to play the previous games once more. Especially on a modern PC of today. But ANNO 1404 will always remain as my personal fan favorite. Sorry Ubi Thorlof. But seriously I love 1701 too but no hard feelings ok?

And to close this I would like to thank the entire ANNO Development Team for creating a strong, healthy, passionate, community and game franchise. All of you have made my childhood. I've played ANNO since I was only 3 years old back in 1998. Starting with ANNO 1602. And ever since then I have fallen in love with your game. It has forever enchanted me with it's beauty and dynamics. Most of all it has created the bright, passionate, and talented Annoholic that I am today. 22 years later ANNO has made me who I am today. I cherish it and I am proud of it. I will treasure it forever. Thank you for making ANNO and please keep ANNO going strong for years yet to come.

Best Regards,
    Your Biggest Fan & Annoholic Feruda

Ubi-Thorlof's Avatar Community Manager
    Hey Feruda,

thank you for the kind words - and the awesome artwork!
    We'd be happy to share that in the next Union Update on the website

Personally I'd love to see a fantasy setting one day, creating peaceful Ork settlements and trading with our friendly neighborhood dwarves. The whole "natural disasters" topic could probably fill a few more pages. Maybe expedition-style adventures instead to fight off roaming dragons? Especially also during the streams lots of ideas regarding future settings (cloud islands, for example) were shared. Don't think we'll run out of possible scenarios for future titles.

I have to correct you about one thing, though
    My colleague Ubi-Trenchcoat is the Anno 1701 fan, I'm all for Anno 1404 and have a hard time deciding between this one and 1800 (with 2070 in 3rd place).

Have a great evening!

Originally Posted by Ubi-Thorlof Go to original post
    Hey Feruda,

thank you for the kind words - and the awesome artwork!
    We'd be happy to share that in the next Union Update on the website

Personally I'd love to see a fantasy setting one day, creating peaceful Ork settlements and trading with our friendly neighborhood dwarves. The whole "natural disasters" topic could probably fill a few more pages. Maybe expedition-style adventures instead to fight off roaming dragons? Especially also during the streams lots of ideas regarding future settings (cloud islands, for example) were shared. Don't think we'll run out of possible scenarios for future titles.

I have to correct you about one thing, though
    My colleague Ubi-Trenchcoat is the Anno 1701 fan, I'm all for Anno 1404 and have a hard time deciding between this one and 1800 (with 2070 in 3rd place).

Have a great evening!
    Aaaahahahahaha! I got it backwards! I thought it was the other way around. Your ANNO 1602 stream was a little wonky so I didn't know who was who. I thought Trenchcoat was you and Thorlof was the other guy. Oh gosh this is so funny This is a priceless confusion hahaha nice one!

I agree with you that 1404 is the best of the series. It was a big hit when it lunched. I loved it a lot. I would play it all the time. Back then I was transitioning from Elementary to Secondary school. As for 1701 I played that in the middle of my Elementary days and I did bring the game to class once for people to try it since ANNO does have some history elements and mathematics (economics) in it. So it is school friendly. But not many people took interest in it. Although I know that ANNO is a niche kind of game so it will appeal to certain people. One friend of mine in school loved 1701. He loved how the statue in the marketplace would shine gold when the city was doing well and people where happy. But the others weren't so much into it. As for the 2 scifi ANNO's I am not really a fan of those. I personally believe that ANNO truly shines in it's classic format. Sticking to historical elements and time periods. ANNO 1404 is a perfect example of that. I was skeptical about 1800, but I gave it a try and absolutely love it. But 1404 is still my favorite. One thing I like in 1800 is the imperial command ship. It has those Victorian standing sails that hang way out over the water. I am sucker for those ship designs. I love em. I seen Victorian Frigates and ships of the line with them too. It gives them a majestic appearance I really like. But the overall content in 1800 amazing too. I really love it. The timing for ANNO 1800's release couldn't be better as I have recently been digging into the Victorian Era and the 19th Century. So this is great fun for me to experience it and also learn some history along the way. Although there are some history elements from the 19th Century that I am already aware of like the North West Passage and the Franklin Expedition. To the Great Clipper Tea races.

No need to thank me. I should be thanking you. I love ANNO and you guys created a game that made many people their childhood. ANNO to me is perhaps one of the only game franchises in the world that resembles how a game franchise should be. It is a prime example of it. A strong game and healthy community. That is how it should be. I never really have any issues with ANNO when compared to other game franchises in the same field. Their communities are either toxic or the game isn't doing too well. But I am happy to see the ANNO Developers are committed to delivering proper products and ensuring the community stays strong and healthy with proper moderation. You guys set a very good example and standard in the gaming industry and you should all be proud of what you have all achieved in the last 22 years. I hope this continues for years yet to come and I will always support all of you in your endeavors. I will gladly volunteer to the Devlopers. Anything from sniffing out bugs (I am a bloodhound for finding bugs in video games haha and I have already found reported many for ANNO 1800 which did get fixed and got smushed), to community, to suggestions/ideas/feedback, anything really. My best interests are for the good of the ANNO Franchise. After playing it since it started 22 years ago. I am committed to ANNO and will always gladly assist the Developers and community in anyway I can. I see it as my duty and obligation to do so as a Annoholic and fellow ANNO player.

Hahaha don't we all want to see a Fantasy ANNO. I have noticed how many people keep bring it up. Especially in the streams. There seems to be quite the interest for it. I like your thoughts about it. Although about the expeditions to fight dragons...eehhh not so much. I am not a mean dragon. I am a kind dragon that runs a strong healthy empire. Trades and helps others. I am not like the other dragons who like to raid and plunder all the time. But I know how most people think otherwise. So I'm used to it no worries no offense taken lol. I really like the idea of cloud islands. I've personally had that thought as well before. I agree that there seems to be endless possibilities for ANNO in the fantasy world. Who knows, maybe one day there might be enough interest that maybe there will be such a ANNO. Never hurts to experiment sometimes. But yeah I agree that ANNO is mostly human only and takes place in a setting similar to that of a time period that happened in the real world in the past. Like how 1800 resembles the Victorian times. While 1404 is not far off from when the Knights Templar fell from the Pope and King of France. While 1701 takes place in the golden age of piracy. I could go on and on about the ANNO titles hahaha

Sure go ahead post it to the UNION. Please be sure to credit my artist friend Wolfi Hitory. They worked hard on it for me and with me. I hope you have the imgur link. But just in case you don't here it is for you for the full resolution image https://imgur.com/sWjd7P0 feel free to also print one out for your streaming room as well as a poster if you'd like to I don't mind I say let there be dragons in ANNO!

I will also try to wake up earlier tomorrow to join you for the ANNO Afternoon stream. I am in Toronto Ontario Canada so the time difference between us is 6 hours. So it will be around noon for me when you start. I have a feeling my good friend Bannan will join us too if he can make it. So it is going to be a fun Afternoon tomorrow. Really looking forwards to it. I won't mind talking and joining you guys. We can all have a great time together. And don't be afraid to ask me anything. I'm an open book. I love to hang out, especially when it comes to ANNO!

Was nice to join you for the stream today! Here is also my Coat of Arms as well that I showed you in the stream so that you can save it and show it to the team as well if you'd like to. Or to feature it anywhere. Here is also the link to it as well https://imgur.com/liimMiV Feel free to use both artworks for your streaming room in Mainz. I don't mind at all.

1 people found this helpful

Hello,

Really fantastic artwork.

Cheers,

Katje-Katrien
     1 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by Katje-Katrien Go to original post
    Hello,

Really fantastic artwork.

Cheers,

Katje-Katrien
    Thank you! Glad you like it.

Cheers to you as well. Stay safe and stay healthy!

Best Regards,
    Feruda