🛈 Announcement
Greetings! Assassin's Creed Valhalla forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new beta platform to discuss the game
    SixKeys's Avatar Senior Member

My hands-on experience with AC Valhalla (video inside!)

Hi all!

Ubisoft recently gave me and other Mentors the chance to play an early demo of AC Valhalla. I made a commentated gameplay video with lots of stealth footage and all kinds of little details I found interesting. If you have any questions, I'll answer what I can.

12 people found this helpful

ElderDarklion's Avatar Senior Member
    Thanks SixKeys for this informations. And extra thanks for showing more stealth activities.

Thanks for going in-depth man. I love how enemies don't immediately turn around after hearing a whistle. They get a little startled animation first unlike in the past 2 games where they turn around abruptly a millisecond after you whistle. Little things like that are awesome. More environmental hazards for the enemies is also great. And we finally see some forest tree parkour! even just for a little bit. I do hope they fix the inconsistent lighting. Cause the lighting in the loading screen is very beautiful and makes Eivor look realistic while in-game He/she and NPCs are lit horribly most of the time.

Nice commentated video Sixkeys. Thanks for showing some unique gameplay footage instead of the raid footage everyone else is showing already.

What's up with the parkour though...that looks horrible. It just doesn't detect certain parkour objects like beams and stuff. That's quite concerning, and I think the devs should definitely be made aware of this before the game launches. Flow is so important when it comes to parkour. How can this be worse than Origins' parkour. Origins is 3 years old and is built on the same engine.

I remember clipping was an issue in the first AC, but it looks like it's only getting worse. I hope this will be fixed in the next gen AC game, because I don't think they will fix it in Valhalla.

Originally Posted by SixKeys Go to original post
    Hi all!

Ubisoft recently gave me and other Mentors the chance to play an early demo of AC Valhalla. I made a commentated gameplay video with lots of stealth footage and all kinds of little details I found interesting. If you have any questions, I'll answer what I can.

Thx for nice video and all information SixKeys.

cap.cla's Avatar Senior Member
    Hi all!

SixKeys,I've seen that also if there aren't new mentors guild discussions,Ubisoft want to have a bit closer to them not only the mentors but also the rest of the community.
    So I have an idea,surely fool and which probably won't be real,but that I want to propose to you and the community:what do you think about an open beta for all the players?
    We've been waiting this game since two years and we must wait for other four months.
    So I think that a little demo would make happy all the gamers.
    I hope that also you and the rest of the community will enjoy this idea.

cawatrooper9's Avatar AC Forum Moderator
    Thanks for sharing, Six! I'll definitely have to check this out later today.

DreadGrrl's Avatar Senior Member
    I’ve just started watching your video, and I’ve had a bit of an epiphany. Is it the shield that gives Eivor the illusion of having a back injury? I noticed that the lumbering walk was very pronounced when the hood was up, but it doesn’t seem to be as apparent when the hood is down.

Edit: Terrific video, thank you.

Hi all!

HI I have question I noticed majority of time environment is surrounded by fog is this only restricted to certain areas or certain part of day ( like early in morning) or is this feature present in entire game ?

RHYLASS's Avatar Member
    Thanks SixKeys great review, Thank you. Love you showed the skill tree so far, your insights and the uncommented part at the end, showing a bit of the mood in Valhalla.