🛈 Announcement
Greetings! Anno forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game

Anno 1404 HE - How to access on epic games

I bought the Anno 1404 History Edition game from Epic Games and when I installed and accessed the game it didn't open, it just stayed on a black screen, I contacted Epic support previously and they redirected me to report this problem to you. Would I need to have the original game to play this History Edition or is it another problem?

What are the spec of your computer? Plus do you have Uplay installed too. You need Uplay to play it.

I see 100's, well maybe abit less than that, have this same problem. I did too...

I'm not really sure who's to blame, Epic or Ubisoft, but Ubi's bugs are world legendary... lol

This is how I fixed the problem and really hope it help's people out, cause I don't see any help from the developers or any solutions on the forums.

I initially had Epic game launcher install the 'History Edition' under Epic's game folder, I mean why wouldn't I, I just bought it from Epic. Then had UPlay do its thing once game was installing for the first time, install directx etc etc. It booted up and got the black screen, had to tab out and force close. Had Epic and UPlay verify game files, and all was good, but still didn't work. Tried the usual 'admin rights privileges' and compatibility, still didn't work.

I then wiped all traces of Anno 1404 HE off my game drive, aswell as any folders in the hidden folder 'appdata'. So with a clean install, but this time have Ubisoft's UPlay download it and install it under there game folder and it worked, it's been running nice for the last hour.

Now honestly, that's ridiculous. The game will only run or boot under UPlay's file directory, even though its sold by Epic...
     2 people found this helpful

Working now

lord.jubei:

I then wiped all traces of Anno 1404 HE off my game drive, aswell as any folders in the hidden folder 'appdata'. So with a clean install, but this time have Ubisoft's UPlay download it and install it under there game folder and it worked, it's been running nice for the last hour.

This works very well, thank you lord.jubei

No worries mate. Glad it worked out