here comes the image with a working link:

UbiDork's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    stoobz76: Thanks for that update, stoobz76! I did see review your last case ( 12202291 ) about this issue and saw that you stated you did not wish to contact Sony Support in regard to this issue. Is this still your stance at this time?

HEy UbiDork - hmm, did I say that? I already contacted them, but all they had to provide was to go into save mode of the PS3 and try the different reset settings.
    I did them all but the last one, which basically whipes the whole PS3. Nothing helped.
    SO my status is:
    FarCry3 installed like a charm and I can play it without any problems.
    FarCry4 installs without any errors, but I can´t play it. Starting the game takes me until the game logs in and downloads some playlist. Then I decline to login into Uplay and after that I get the corrupted data error - please delete the FarCry4 game data...

That doesn´t make any sense to me, since the guy I got the game from could play it without a problem on his PS3.
    So my only idea was, that it may have something to do with my internet-connection or port forwarding?
    My hardware seems to be fine - I never before had any problem with any other game on my PS3..

Thanks for your help!

stoobz76: Can I ask why you have been declining to login to Uplay on the console? Have you tried logging in already?

I just never intended to play online.

But ok, for the sake of it I just chose "login to Uplay" instead of "skip Uplay" and then the screen changes, like it it loading something. After a short while I get the same corrupted data error as mentioned above..

Also I just tried it with FarCry3 and I didn´t have any problems in doing so..

stoobz76: Thanks for trying. I did some more digging and see that this was an issue experienced back in 2014 with players installing the incorrect version of the game. Please try these steps here and update your support ticket with that information and add the link to this forum thread and a link to the steps provided. !

Hey ubidork,
    I spent the better part of an hour now going through the thread you mentioned.
    Unfortunately this applies only to people, who downloaded a digital pre-order copy. Eventually they received a newly compiled download and then it worked.
    Since I have an original DVD I can't try the download.
    Maybe you can hook me up with a download coupon for that game? I can send you whatever proof you need to show, that I have an original DVD.
    Is there any way to play that game offline? When I removed the LAN cable and tried, I couldn't.
    Cheers!

stoobz76: Thanks for letting me know! Can you please send me a private message so we can work on this together?