Black screen at launch

I have a black screen when I launch the games since the last beta update, is there a solution? Thank you

lily_harker's Avatar Junior Member

Screen goes black when launching the game

Hello,

I recently installed the Open Beta on my PC, and everytime I try to open it my screen goes black with a "No Signal" sign on it, but the thing is the game is actually playing since I can hear the sounds as well as see that there's a process running for it.

I thought it was an issue with my graphics card driver, but it doesn't seem like that because I updated it and it's still happening the same. I have also tried following the PC Troubleshooting guide and nothing changed.

What I have noticed is that the GPU runs very low, it never goes over 3%.

I also think my PC is able to run this game, my components are:

• Windows 10 Home 64 bits (10.0, Build 18362)
    • Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6500 CPU @ 3.20GHz (4 CPUS)
    • 16384MG RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB.

Is there any solution for this?
     1 people found this helpful

Black screen

it's just when I start hyperscape the only thing appears is a black screen, then nothing happens

Game crashing on launch wont start

Game wont start just shows black screen then returns to windows i have tried uninstalling updated my windows and gpu driver
    my pc spec
    i5 6500
    4gb ram
    r7 260x
    video clip

me too. I've tried reinstalling the game,updated my display adapter software,and still doesn't work

the game doesn't open

The game does not open, only the screen appears with the circle loading but nothing else,
    my components are ryzen 5 3600
    an rx560
    12gb
    1tb

lily_harker's Avatar Junior Member
    Ok, I managed to fix this, here's what I did in case someone faces the same problem:

After tweaking some properties of my Nvidia graphics card I magnaged to change my resolution to 1920*1080 (I wasn't able to do this before). After doing this, I opened the game and changed the graphics settins to a lower resolution, so then I went back to my defaul 1440*900 resolution and it worked!

Probably because of 4 GB ram, the minimum required is 6.

about hype scape

hype scape not starting for some reason it opens and gets a black screen

r6s also requires 6gb ram and i am getting 100+ frames in r6s.if ram was the issue it should have given a system compatibility error and i saw many people run the game in 4gb ram

Black Screen on startup

When I launch the game i can hear the sound but the only thing I see is a black screen. My drivers are up to date and i tried to uninstall and reinstall the game already. Same problem during the technical test. I play on a laptop with Windows 10 and a GTX 1050. Anyone found a solution yet?

Ubi-Redbeard's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Hey Alb3rello,

Sorry to hear that.

Does this occur every time you launch the game?

Can you please provide the rest of your laptop specs?

Ubi-Woofer's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Hey slipman2558,

Just a heads-up that I merged your thread with this one here, as you're describing similar issues to Alb3rello.

Can you please provide your system specs and more information about the frequency of the issue, as requested by my colleague Redbeard above? Thanks!

Black Screen

My game when it starts is only on black screen and I look at the task manager it has 0 cpu usage.
    Sorry for google translate

Ubi-Redbeard's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Hey skorp1on_XD,

Can you confirm if you're receiving an error message at all?

Hyper scape open beta black screen issue.

I installed hyper scape open beta. But I can't play the game because it's not starting. I can see only a black screen with a courser. I update graphic card drivers and windows os but nothing changed. So please help me to solve this problem.

Game wont launch.

It shows the error. ''No compatible driver/hardware found (Vulkan) No device available.
    My Specs are amd ryzen 3550h/ gtx1050
    gpu driver is updated.

Black screen when starting the game

Hello, I have a problem when starting the game, which is that when I start it, I don't see anything, the screen goes black and I only hear the game, you are affected and more, I would like to know if I'm the only one

sorry for the bad English

black screen

I'm having a problem my screen is black but I don't hear anything and I modified the files to open in window mode but nothing happened, and I also updated all the drives

same here it is only showing a cursor

Black screen upon launch. Any suggestions?

CPU: Intel G4400 2 core
    GPU: Nvidia GeForce GT1030
    Memory: 8GB
    Error: Upon start-up, after splash of main character is shown, game launches with black screen and no audio. Memory use climbs rapidly to 2331MB, to within around 1MB on reproduction, and then remains at that value. CPU usage drops to near-zero upon reaching this point.
    Troubleshooting attempted: Fresh install of both game and UPlay launcher, computer restart, run with all permissions, run in both windowed and full screen modes, drivers updated/reinstalled, game files verified, config file modified and reset to run at different resolutions.
    Reproduction rate:100%
    Error messages: None
    Notes: Black screen persists until force closed, game must be force closed to end program. Using close button in windowed mode has no effect. Very little loading of GPU at any point. Large spike of CPU usage (to max value) upon force close.
    Video link: https://youtu.be/EmzmT-5v7iw (disregard audio/title)

Ubi-Viral's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Hey, Anub1sUY!

Welcome to the forums and sorry to hear that you are encountering this issue. Can I ask you to please list your system specs:

Operating System:
    Graphics Card:
    CPU:
    Memory:

If you are yet to please try the steps here to troubleshoot this issue.

Thank you and I look forward to your reply.

Hey, Estefanoleife!

Welcome to the forums and I am sorry to hear that you are encountering this issue. Can I ask you to please list your system specs:

Operating System:
    Graphics Card:
    CPU:
    Memory:

If you are yet to please try the steps here to troubleshoot this issue.

Thank you and I look forward to your reply.

Hey, camp_unicorn!

Welcome to the forums and sorry to hear that you are encountering this issue. Can I ask you to try the following troubleshooting steps in this order (I understand you have done some of these already but please do them again if possible):

Run the game with ADMINISTRATOR RIGHTS.

Verify your game files.
    It is possible that the installation of your game is faulty. To fix this, please verify your game files:

UPLAY

EPIC GAMES LAUNCHER
    STEAM

Disable Background Applications.

Make sure your OPERATING SYSTEM is UP TO DATE.

Reinstall Uplay.

Update your GPU Drivers:

NVIDIA

Should the issues persist after completing the above steps, please GET IN TOUCH, attaching DXDIAG and MSINFO reports to your SUPPORT CASE.

Thank you.

My specs:
    Operating System: Windows 10
    Graphics Card: GTX 1050 (laptop version)
    CPU: i7 7700k
    Memory: 8 GB

As I already said, the game opens up and runs, but I can't play it because the only thing I see is a black screen. I've already tried updating the drivers, uninstalling/reinstalling the game, modifiying the .ini to run the game windowed.