Mic Check only works after tedious workaround

Bought the game yesterday and wanted to play with a friend. He has an Oculus Rift S and I own an Oculus Quest.

For both of us the Mic Check was not working, until after searching online for an hour, we found a workaround involving disabling the audio device and repeating mic test in between.

These posts are from 2018 onward. How is this not fixed. That is clearly a Windows related issue since all my other games are working flawlessly with my mic.

Here is a copy of the advice that finally allowed us to play the game:

1. Start Bridge Crew
    2. Start Test Microphone / MP Lobby
    3. Deactivate Microphone in Windows Sound Settings
    4. Stop Test Microphone / MP Lobby
    5. Reactivate Microphone in Windows Sound Settings
    (6. Start Test Microphone / MP Lobby again)
    7. Microphone and multiplayer should work now

Ubi-Borealis's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Originally Posted by Noodle-Cake Go to original post
    Bought the game yesterday and wanted to play with a friend. He has an Oculus Rift S and I own an Oculus Quest.

For both of us the Mic Check was not working, until after searching online for an hour, we found a workaround involving disabling the audio device and repeating mic test in between.

These posts are from 2018 onward. How is this not fixed. That is clearly a Windows related issue since all my other games are working flawlessly with my mic.

Here is a copy of the advice that finally allowed us to play the game:

1. Start Bridge Crew
    2. Start Test Microphone / MP Lobby
    3. Deactivate Microphone in Windows Sound Settings
    4. Stop Test Microphone / MP Lobby
    5. Reactivate Microphone in Windows Sound Settings
    (6. Start Test Microphone / MP Lobby again)
    7. Microphone and multiplayer should work now
    Hello there Noodle-Cake! Thank you for taking the time to share your workaround. I hope this helps other players who encounter the same issue.