Random update on Steam showed up ?

Steam a few minutes ago queued up an update for the game, but I can't find any info online whatsoever about this update.

Any moderators or devs that want to tell us what its about ? Is this update finally going to remove the horrific DRM that this game comes with ?
     1 people found this helpful

Ubi-Thorlof's Avatar Anno Community Developer
    Heyho, we did indeed remove the SolidShield DRM with the recent update.
     1 people found this helpful

That's amazing to hear, but why no official statement ? I am sure a lot of people will be thrilled to hear about this

Xon2's Avatar Junior Member
    @ Ubi-Thorlof Did removing the solid shield DRM affect or remove the modding detector as well so we finally can play with mods and have access to the arc etc?

And there is some confusion whether this was only done on the steam version or uplay version as well? Can you be so kind and confirm from which platforms the solid shield DRM has been removed in July?

Originally Posted by Xon2 Go to original post
    @ Ubi-Thorlof Did removing the solid shield DRM affect or remove the modding detector as well so we finally can play with mods and have access to the arc etc?

And there is some confusion whether this was only done on the steam version or uplay version as well? Can you be so kind and confirm from which platforms the solid shield DRM has been removed in July?
    You could have always used Anno Cookie before, but now you dont even need that anymore. Online works with mods

Xon2's Avatar Junior Member
    @hawkera_prime Thanks for responding again. Just to be entirely clear: i own the game on uplay (not steam), and i did fresh donwnload/install from uplay like a week ago and after that installed ARRC 2.11,...and i still end up in offline mode on game launch and need to then start Anno Cookie to get back online and have Ark access etc.

So you are on windows and own the steam version, and since July's update/removal of Sold Shield DRM a can run a modded game and anno still boots directly into online mode, no Anno Cookie required whatsoever?