TheGeckoHimself's Avatar Senior Member

Best TU 10 builds for casual players - DPS, Skill, CC and Shield

Many casual players are having issues with game difficulty. So this tread is for them. I'm sure veteran players don't need my advice. But any useful suggestions are more than welcome.

In my opinion, the CORE of ALL YOUR PROBLEMS with this game is - YOU ARE RUNNING WEAK BUILDS! I'm not saying you are bad players! I'm saying you are playing the hardest Open World Diffiluty (Heroic) with builds that SEVERELY underperform VS Meta Builds.

What is a META build? The BEST POSSIBLE COMBINATION OF TALENTS, GEAR, WEAPONS AND ROLLS with a MAXIMUM DAMAGE OUTPUT! It could be a Skill build, CC build, Hybrid, DPS or Tank (Shield) build.

Ask yourself why veteran players have no issues with any content?
    YOU HAVE TO UNDERSTAND - that the Heroic is being tested against best builds in the game! Of course, if your build is only good for Challenging Difficulty - you'll have problems with Heroic Content!

For example - never use Striker or Tip of the Spear! Those gear sets SUCK. Again - I'm ONLY talking about build power! Ongoing Directive - could be useful in right hands(with a Vile Mask for example), but I wouldn't recommend this gear set for a casual PvE player.

Now, as a Divison 1 and Divison 2 DAY-One player, I can confidently say that I'm in Top 1% of the Division 2 PvE players in terms my SHD Level, Hours played, NPC kills, etc. I'm playing this game for 4 years already! Use my experience for your advantage! And you will forget what rage quit is!

What builds are great for Heroic SOLO play in TU 10?

I handpicked a few videos for you guys with the best PvE builds on Youtube, IMHO of course. Why I have to handpick? Because most of the Division 2 Youtube Build Videos are terrible! Many Youtubers just looking for more viewers (can't blame them) so they are trying to make a lot of videos with loud names, such as "Best Build" or "Must have built" etc.
    Try these builds, based on your playstyle and personal preferences. I can guarantee you - you will start to enjoy this game again!

Finally - I have NO connection in ANY way, shape or form with ANY of those Youtubers! I'm not getting paid or get any benefits. I'm not even subscribed to any of those channels! These are just great builds to run in TU 10 playing PvE solo on Heroic. That's it!

Since I can ONLY add 6 videos in one post, I'll divide my thread into 4 parts:
    DPS builds
    Skill builds
    Crowd Control (CC builds)
    Tank (Shield) builds

Try any of those builds - and have fun with this great game!
    Hope that helps
     5 people found this helpful

DPS Builds

Sniper build:

My comments - hands-down the best DPS build for solo right now. It's so good, that Massive already thinks about nerfing it I prefer 4 piece Aces, but its a matter of personal preference.
    Here is my thread about it. You can find tips and tricks below the main post:
    https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthrea...Best-DPS-Build

AR build:

My comments - I would use Chameleon as a primary weapon.
    Here is another video, that I just found (AR build)

SMG build:

My comments: I would use a Crusader Shield instead of Banshee skill. Works great with this build. But that's my preference. This build will also work great with a Shotgun - with some tweaks of course.

Here is another one (more defensive, and also works as a shield build):

LMG: Pretty much the same as AR build! Just some small tweaks required.

Rifle build - same as it was in TU 9.1.
     1 people found this helpful

Skill builds :

My comments - Best build for Heroic would be with Glass Cannon on a Chest. But you will recieve 50% more damage - so it's all about your playstyle. But you can see that the core of the build is pretty much the same, with some variations. Just tweak it based on your playstyle or skills that you prefer.

CC builds (my favourite)

If you don't have Vile Exotic Mask yet, try these :

Build description starts at 7 minutes.

These are more or less the same builds with slight variations in Exotics. Both work great.

If you have a Vile maks :

Believe it or not - but I couldn't find any CC build with a Vile mask that I like on Youtube (as for today).

So here is my thread about new TU 10 CC build. It has a build description and my thoughts on how to build properly.
    https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthrea...with-Vile-Mask

However, after playing with my CC build more, I believe that's the best CC build right now (here is a screenshot):

I know - in my CC thread I mentioned that I switch from Creeping Death. But, again after playing more, I switched back to this talent

My comments - the build is incomplete. I need a Regulus Exotic Hand cannon to have a Perfect CC build! Regarding the skills - the hive or foam chem luncher is a great choice as well! If fighting against Black Tusk - use EMP pulse or EMP sticky. The cooldowns are high, but since all effects are spreading - you should be fine!

Tank (shield) builds

My comments - perfect for solo play! He is not even using a shield
    But if you replace a Decoy with a Crusader Shield - you are good to go!

If you play in a group, I highly suggest to try this one :

My comments - he is using Exotic Chest (which is fine), but I would use a chest with a Perfect Vanguard Talent! I believe it is a much better choice.

IgotNerfed's Avatar Senior Member
    How would you suggest I fix my RNG? This is the only thing making my build weak, if I haven't got the pieces I can't make the build.

I know, rng is killing me on getting anything all red too finish my DPS build, or for that matter finish min/max three other builds that are one or two pieces incomplete....back to the grind.
     2 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by IgotNerfed Go to original post
    How would you suggest I fix my RNG? This is the only thing making my build weak, if I haven't got the pieces I can't make the build.
    Come on, man! Other players somehow managed to forge their builds. I'm sure you can do it as well. You don't need God rolls to have a decent build. Act as all of us do - use targeted farming, play in a group who are willing to share the loot.

The great news is - you can work on multiple builds at the same time, right?
    Pray to RNGesus! Sometimes I think he hates me as well Just don't give up. The tougher the challenge - the better!
     2 people found this helpful

Hey Gecko,

Thanks for the consolidated list of current meta/update builds. I put like 120 hours in from day-one, for about 2-3 months, then had a bit of a medical issue that took me out of gaming for a bit. Anywho, I'm getting back into this game Season 2 NYC, stuff, was level 30. It took me about 2 weeks to level from 30 to 40, and running challenging for about a week, before I had a decent 6 high-end dps build. I found a coyotes, and 4-piece ND, and made a decent ch/cd build of my own, and run heroics solo fairly easy. But trying to group/do legendaries/raids, etc... I'm still no where near the dps I should be. Also way back when, skills sucked, so I'm very interested in trying out a skill build or a tank build.

Do you have any recommendations or another post on Legendary skill builds, and/or good raid builds, for roll filling, aka, healer... thanks!

I'd like to echo Geno's statement above: you don't need god-rolled gear in order to play any of these builds.

What you need is the brand/gear sets, plus at least one stat rolled correctly. That's really it. Then as you play, you find that one piece that's got both stats how you want them. It's not a "get the best item immediately why don't god-rolled items ever drop for me" thing, it's an iterative process that takes time. Slowly the process will speed up because you're slowly killing enemies faster/not dying as often, and before you know it, you'll have the experience from running heroics that the jump on gear power will feel that much more powerful because you're used to the content.