I simply dont like paying a monthly fee for any kind of product. I want to buy it once and enjoy it how long and often I like.
     1 people found this helpful

I haven't seen anyone bring up the main point that I'm really worried about, before putting any money down on this.

What happens when the servers go down?
    You need server access to launch the game, and beyond that, if you aren't ticked on the server as a super exclusive mega club subscriber, you can't access the track editor which is the bulk of the content, as the base game only has the tutorial built in. Will the it5 just be a lump of dead data on your hard drive with no use?
    if such is the case I'll just play the older Trackmania games, that have working track editors and levels built in.
     2 people found this helpful

i hope they change it. i do not buy again for such a broken game
     2 people found this helpful

To the person who said nadeo release a new game every year you're wrong which makes your point invalid . Anyway i have no problem with a subscription service. The problem i have is the game was never finished to begin with they release it then go on summer holidays like they do with every new release over the last few years. The way i see it this subscription is only paying for bug fixes for the many bugs in the game because it was never finished before the public got it and majority paid for it.

To the person who said nadeo release a new game every year you're wrong which makes your point invalid .
    The first Trackmania game was released in 2013. There are 15 Trackmania games released so far plus Trackmania Sunrise has an Add-On. 15.5 games in 17 years is pretty much 1 game per year, so the point is valid. Also, if you had bought every of these games, you would have paid >10€ per year for trackmania games since 2013.

The problem i have is the game was never finished to begin with they release it then go on summer holidays like they do with every new release over the last few years.
    The time before a release is very stressful, so it's quite common to have people go on holidays afterwards. Bigger studios can compensate that easier than smaller ones or just don't talk about it.

The way i see it this subscription is only paying for bug fixes for the many bugs in the game because it was never finished before the public got it and majority paid for it.
    If you see new features just as a proff that a game wasn't finished, then that's probably the way you have to see it. In my eyes there is no such thing as a "finished game". There's almost stuff to improve and there are always features that could be implemented. What you're paying for, though, is continuous development, new features and the server infrastructure. In nine month the first "standard" and "clubs" editions will run out and players will ask whether the game improved enough to justify paying for another year. So they better do a good job on that.
    (I expect new blocks like water, new decoration blocks, some additional blocks for the existing surfaces by the end of year 1, and at least a second environment by the end of year 3)

The first Trackmania game was released in 2013
    you surely mean 2003

The first trackmania was not released in 2013 wtf did i play in 2006 that was called trackmania nations eswc then? Get real i have enough nadeo products that i have paid for and i have played trackmania for over 14 years i have a little knowledge on nadeo and how they operate ubisoft aquiring nadeo was not a good thing and now their products are going backwards maniaplanet is a good example whens that due for a update i bet it never gets another one because nadeo have a new game now and and here it is their next big thing a pile of bugs that just crashes whenever it wants

yeah, I meant 2003. That's the year that way 17 years ago. Sorry for the confusion. With 2003 my calculations are correct.

Well, I gotta say I am very satisfied with the new payment method.
    It saves me quite a lot of money.
    In former days I never hesitated to pay full price.
    And as they released the new environments I payed also for each. Some of the design decision made there wasn't mine.
    Anyways, bought "Turbo" asap and was VERY VERY disappointed. Those design decisions (the airdrops, magnetcars and such) were horrible.

So now, I throwed ten euros in the game, instead of 50, 30, 20 like in the past.
    And I AM satisfied. Because it is cheap.

And I will never ever pay a single cent again.
    Not for this game and not for any updates, well, honestly, not again regardless if it will be a totally new game or anything else from nadeo.
    Yeah, I wasn't a pro gamer for sure, but had lots of fun with it, mostly with friends hunting together (locally) track records.
    But this vanishes more and more with each new title or each update. Even with the changes @ Maniaplanet.

My TM voyage ends here. Thanks a lot to have it a cheap death for me.