Why remove Tachanka's deployable shield before the rework?

I get he is totally being reworked, but the limited use Tachanka's current form DOES have, is EXTREMELY dependent on having a deployable shield

I truly dont understand why he lost his shield

xcel30's Avatar Senior Member
    Rpobably to not have to adjust later, and just do everyone's full loudout in one go when a gadget gets introduced

Tachanka is only good for spawnpeeking.

Yeah he needs his shield back.

UbiYubble's Avatar Community Representative
    I don't have official details on why it was removed, but if I had to guess, it's most likely due to the amount of utility defenders have. Attackers have to expend a lot of their own utility to get rid of Evil Eyes, bulletproof cams, shields, Banshees and avoid/burn ADS'/MAG-Nets, so having one less shield at the defender's disposal that they can repurpose elsewhere helps a lot.

Originally Posted by UbiYubble Go to original post
    I don't have official details on why it was removed, but if I had to guess, it's most likely due to the amount of utility defenders have. Attackers have to expend a lot of their own utility to get rid of Evil Eyes, bulletproof cams, shields, Banshees and avoid/burn ADS'/MAG-Nets, so having one less shield at the defender's disposal that they can repurpose elsewhere helps a lot.
    Sure
    But a deployable shield on TACHANKA of all people is a non-issue

Why not remove a deployable shield from someone who is ACTUALLY used?
    Current Tachanka DEPENDS on that shield