Druout1944's Avatar Member

Will AC: Valhalla use the same DRM+VM Protect as Origins and Odyssey?

Honest question here; because if the answer is yes then I'm not touching it with a ten foot pole. Soooo many issues on multiple PCs due to this including PCs shutting off on launch as well as the well proven fact at this point that the DRM/VM massively impacts performance even on PCs that can run games like Hitman 2/GRW/GRB/ RDR2 on high settings/60FPS.

SofaJockey's Avatar Senior Member
    I expect the inclusion or otherwise of DRM will not be commented upon by Ubisoft.

I wouldn't blame them for using DRM. My understanding is that DRM kept Origins un-cracked for 3 months and Odyssey for over a month.

Personally I've never seen the slightest sign of performance issues. I can't see any problem with including these tools to deter the thieves.

pesto.'s Avatar Senior Member
    I keep seeing people talk about the performance impact of the DRM, but does anyone have any actual figures to back this up? I mean if it's that bad then maybe some of the hackers out there should see this as a great business opportunity and make some improvements to deliver a secure form of DRM that isn't a resource sucker or privacy concern.

Getting back on topic I really doubt this game would go out without some form of DRM. It costs these companies millions to make these games, DRM is seen as a way to ensure ROI and deter casual theft.