Ubi-Toller's Avatar Community Manager

Developer Update: Happy Birthday Cartman!

Happy Monday! It’s me, your pal Toller, and I’m here to let you know all the upcoming news for this week!

Here is the Weekly Timetable

Exciting things are happening this week! Well, I’m glad you asked! We’ll start things off on Monday with a Adventure-themed Token Event before jumping into a Cartman-themed Card Use Event on Tuesday and Wednesday!

Here are the cards that will be in play:

• Sheriff Cartman
    • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O 4000
    • The Coon
    • Zen Cartman
    • Grand Wizard Cartman

Wednesday will also feature our very first Chaos Mode! We’re so excited to see what you all think. As we’ll be launching this new mode on July 1st, we’ll be starting with the Invincible Cartman event! Cartman cards will cost 1 energy point, have increased stats and are summoned with their speed increased. Happy Birthday to you, Eric!

On Thursday and Friday we’ll be running a Mission Event based around The Coon, keeping the party rolling, before we switch to a President Garrison Weekend Card Use Event!

The following cards can be used and boosted in this weekend’s event:

• Stan the Great
    • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O 4000
    • Choirboy Butters
    • Terrance and Phillip
    • Officer Barbrady
    • Mr Hankey
    • Towelie
    • President Garrison
    • Priest Maxi
    • Mayor McDaniels
    • Thunderbird
    • General Disarray

I know many of you have been asking if we could post the point totals needed for our events now that they are changing so much. That request has been approved! Starting next week we’ll be letting you know what the totals will be so that you’ll know what to expect.

DISCORD

If you haven’t yet joined our official South Park: Phone Destroyer Discord Server, come on over! It's the best place for all South Park: Phone Destroyer discussions! If you’re interested in joining and hanging out with some great fellow New Kids, click HERE

UPCOMING BALANCE CHANGES

I noticed that quite a few of you were asking last week if we had any balance changes coming up. Boy, do we! I was able to get an early look at what changes will be coming with the next season. I know some you will be pleased with some of these changes in particular:

Underpants Gnomes Reduced Attack by 20% (from base 25 to 20)
    Visitors Reduced health by 10% (from base 70 to 63)
    Call Girl Will now spawn Superhero cards that cost 4 or more.
    Jesus He will now spawn behind the nearest ally

As you can see, we heard the feedback concerning the changes made to Jesus and adjusted his spawn position, as well as the demand for Call Girl to be less random with the cards she could bring to the table.

We've also got multiple changes coming for Pirate Ship Timmy!

Pirate Ship Timmy Increased HP by 25% (from base 96 to 120) Reduced Speed by 51% Increased explosion range by 50% Removed "Splash Damage": all units in the explosion range will now take the same amount of damage

Please let us know what you think of these and the other changes we’ve made! We love to hear your thoughts.

Also, please be aware that we’ve put some extra changes into our July update as there will be no balance changes coming up in August. Some may remember this from last year, but I know we have lots more New Kids now so I thought it only fair to give everyone a heads-up again for this year.

That's it from me for now! Please feel free to leave any feedback or questions you might have for our team below! It really does help us improve Phone Destroyer for everyone!

Let's all have an awesome week!

Hearts and Hugs,
    -Toller!
     1 people found this helpful

Dear Toller I sent you a message regarding a ban.

bon0me's Avatar Junior Member
    Is that suppose to be a buff for call girl? I’m not being sarcastic I’m legitimately asking. To be honest I don’t frequent the forum enough and I don’t check the official discord all that much. Were players asking for a change so that she spawns a 4 cost or higher? I see more people upset with her attack and HP. In my opinion I don’t mind her attack because she attacks fast. She’s a situational card so I purposely use her when I know I might get the coon, mosquito, Tupperware, toolshed, Super Craig, etc mostly when there is a fighter in the same hand. Having her summon disarray or Wonder Tweek would be a total waste of a summon because they’re are also situational cards.
     3 people found this helpful

Call Girl buff is kinda good, but I'd increased her attack damage. Also I'd added more informations about cards. Damage per second, attack speed, etc...
    And still no matchmaking changes? Come on. Do something with the matchmaking, please!

Do you even play once with visitors before posting about reduce hp by 10% They are most weak ranged unit. They don't have charge power, walk very fast, dies easily. They should be buffed

Thanks for the updates! Mostly good stuff except for CG, which is a very underwhelming change IMO.

I was really looking forward to an actual Call Girl buff. While I’m glad this change is being made (edit- it is a step in the right direction, however I don’t think it a good change), this still doesn’t make her worth 6 cost as a legendary. I acknowledge this may change if there are better SH cards coming out.

CG is basically a 2 (maybe really like 2.3) cost stat card, so even summoning 4 cost is neutral and not a benefit. As far as 5 cost cards, Coon is underpowered currently and is really more like a 4 cost card, so you technically save the 1 cost associated with his inflated card cost, and you generally don’t want to summon Mysterion with her. She could have received some type of stat bump to make her a 3 cost card on her own.

Still seems like there is pretty much only 2 ways to get CG value: play with Pope Timmy, or have her summon General Disarray. I was looking forward to having her in a deck without Pope Timmy, and this change does nothing to change it. If I use CG in a deck, Pope Timmy will be in it. Otherwise, she won’t be in the deck.
    Also, even after this change, Pope Timmy is still the better summoner.
     1 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by sandiego77 Go to original post
    Do you even play once with visitors before posting about reduce hp by 10% They are most weak ranged unit. They don't have charge power, walk very fast, dies easily. They should be buffed
    They shouldn’t be buffed, they’re in every top Scifi deck in the game. Their health is bad but their attack and DPS is ridiculous. What needed a nerf was their attack speed and/or their overall attack. Most people don’t care about their health, only about how crazy fast they can bring down any unit and they’re only a 3 cost RARE card.
     3 people found this helpful

This CG "buff" is the biggest disappointment yet. You said she will get big rework/buff, and for that you need new codes. For me it looks like it was DAR who needed a new code for her cost based ability, which then you gave for CG but in other way. She is still the worst legendary, this rework won't change anything. If there was any 4 or more cost card besides mysterion that synergizes with this... Please come up with something better in the next balance change!
    I mostly agree with the rest.

I don't recall anyone asking for visitors or gnomes to be nerfed? That call girl buff is dumb, she needs a stat boost! A big one!

Please ask the devs to reconsider.

Originally Posted by bon0me Go to original post
    Is that suppose to be a buff for call girl? I’m not being sarcastic I’m legitimately asking. To be honest I don’t frequent the forum enough and I don’t check the official discord all that much. Were players asking for a change so that she spawns a 4 cost or higher? I see more people upset with her attack and HP. In my opinion I don’t mind her attack because she attacks fast. She’s a situational card so I purposely use her when I know I might get the coon, mosquito, Tupperware, toolshed, Super Craig, etc mostly when there is a fighter in the same hand. Having her summon disarray or Wonder Tweek would be a total waste of a summon because they’re are also situational cards.
    I never saw people asking for only 4 cost summons or greater. I saw lots of people asking for a CG stat buff, but mainly people wanted her to summon a SH from the current hand, and not the replacement card that swaps in for her.

I also agree with you that I sometimes specifically use her to bring in a 3 cost card that I have in My hand for the specific situation. For example, I often want Mosquito or Toolshed if I’m on defense.

I view this as a change to CG, it isn’t a buff.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... Last ►►