Ubi-MrDrPink's Avatar Community Manager

The ranking system in trackmania

Hi Trackmania drivers!

Today we will be presenting you the new ranking system available on July 1st!

Competition is one of the main aspects of Trackmania and that is why having a fair ranking system is important. This ranking system is open to everyone and starts from your very first minutes in the game.

There are no unranked races in Trackmania. Whether you play solo or multiplayer, you can win trophies at any time and climb the world rankings. Progression is constant; every trophy you win is acquired and cannot be lost.

9 Levels of Trophies

The trophies acquired in Trackmania illustrate your success in the game, whether in the official quarterly solo campaign, club campaigns, multiplayer rooms, community events, or events organized by Ubisoft Nadeo. The distribution of trophies may change in the future so as not to give more advantage to one game mode over another. We want to set up a fair system for all Trackmania players.

There are nine levels of trophies: Trophy 1 is the easiest to acquire and earns you 1 point, while Trophy 9 is a reward for the most important competitions and earns you 100 million points. Each higher-level trophy earns you ten times more points than the trophy just below it.

Level 9 trophies are extremely rare and will be awarded to the best player of each season in the official campaign, the winner of the Trackmania Grand League, and the winner of the Open Grand League. To celebrate these achievements, winners will also receive a real Trophy 9 at home.

An Easy-to-Read Ranking

Each trophy contains a defined number of points; the game ranking is based on your total number of points. Points from each new trophy are added to your previous point total and will rank you in relation to players from all over the world.

All Trackmania players are ranked in 10 categories: from unranked to World 1, which contains the ten best players in the world. These levels are based on the points of players from all over the world. Over a given period you may win trophies and points, but if your opponents have won more, you may still lose a rank.
     4 people found this helpful

"Whether you play solo or multiplayer, you can win trophies at any time and climb the world rankings."
    How you earn them? Ok. Playing solo or multiplayer. But what is the way?
     5 people found this helpful

Icy_Veins.'s Avatar Trackmania Moderator
    And what depends on which trophy u get?
     1 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by Icy_Veins. Go to original post
    I have the same question. Sometimes it pops up that I won a trophy, but I do not know what I did to achieve it. Is it my performance on that particular track, overall times in the whole campaign or something else? What determines which trophy I get? It seems very mysterious how these are rewarded so far.

It would also be nice to have a note under my "won" trophies to state how they were won, like Steam achievements.
     2 people found this helpful

I feel a bit confused about the hole Rankin and trophy system. I've been 3902 in the world in summer game mode for the last 5-6 hours I played.. almost every map I'm top 10 and won a lot also but didn't move at all on my ranking. I also got two silver trophies but not idea how I got them and what did

Originally Posted by Newbell Go to original post
    "Whether you play solo or multiplayer, you can win trophies at any time and climb the world rankings."
    How you earn them? Ok. Playing solo or multiplayer. But what is the way?
    Hello,

In solo play, you can earn trophies by gaining medals on the official campaign or by getting ranked in the track of the day. Club campaigns also work.
    In multiplayer, you earn trophies at the end of each time attack session on every server.

Originally Posted by Icy_Veins. Go to original post
    Trophies you get in multiplayer are based on the average level of the server you're playing in.
    In solo play, It is based on the amount and the type of medals you get. So let's say if you get all bronze medals on the white section, you will get one trophy 1, where all silver medals on white maps give you one trophy 2.

So if you earn trophies playing Map of the Day, people that pays have more chances to win more trophies, isnt it? Becuase I think we can not play map of the day.

Originally Posted by Newbell Go to original post
    So if you earn trophies playing Map of the Day, people that pays have more chances to win more trophies, isnt it? Becuase I think we can not play map of the day.
    Yes. If you want to play competitive in this game, you need Standard or Club. If you want to participate in events that give price money, you need Club.
    If you're a casual player, trophies and ranks shouldn't matter.

RE The ranking stuff.

In TM2 we had ladder points that balanced every week on Sunday, giving people their actual ranking on Monday. That system was great as it basically meant that it wasn't an infinite scale and that there was an absolute limit of how much LP you could have. This meant that there was a chance to get the top spots if you maintained your streak, and if you stopped playing for a few weeks you could get back up p.easily.

My worry is that with this new system, it's going to ruin that experience for many players. There's going to be a few who are going to achieve a shedload of points and keep it at that with no reset (as far as I can see).

Is there going to be balancing and point caps? I remember when I was rank <100 in TM2 globally and stopped playing for a year my LP dropped to (I think) 60,000 and didn't go lower. so from 60 > 90k it was fine.

This new system is incredibly confusing. I've not found a single person in my TM friend group who thinks this is better. I really, really wish that for online play we had Ladder Points again. Why change a system that isn't broken?

if it doesnt reset, or it does after like a year (which is way too long), I straight up will have 0 motivation for online play.

Sorry for moaning. I really like TM. I really, really do. I'm very concerned with Nadeo shooting themselves in the foot massively (with this and the whole GAAS thing).

Currently only the Regional Ranks are available, even if you are in point range of the the National or World ranks. When will those ranks be unlocked?

trophys

Hi
    on monday i got 70th worldwide in the track of the day and i still didnt get the trophys for that. Is this normal? Or do you need a specific rank to get trophys in track of the day? i have club acces also. Greatings FunnyRaceMan

I'm agree with the pretty much everyone, this system is not clear at all ... But the game is fun so, take time to fix this well please
     1 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by essydave Go to original post
    RE The ranking stuff.

In TM2 we had ladder points that balanced every week on Sunday, giving people their actual ranking on Monday. That system was great as it basically meant that it wasn't an infinite scale and that there was an absolute limit of how much LP you could have. This meant that there was a chance to get the top spots if you maintained your streak, and if you stopped playing for a few weeks you could get back up p.easily.

My worry is that with this new system, it's going to ruin that experience for many players. There's going to be a few who are going to achieve a shedload of points and keep it at that with no reset (as far as I can see).

Is there going to be balancing and point caps? I remember when I was rank <100 in TM2 globally and stopped playing for a year my LP dropped to (I think) 60,000 and didn't go lower. so from 60 > 90k it was fine.

This new system is incredibly confusing. I've not found a single person in my TM friend group who thinks this is better. I really, really wish that for online play we had Ladder Points again. Why change a system that isn't broken?

if it doesnt reset, or it does after like a year (which is way too long), I straight up will have 0 motivation for online play.

Sorry for moaning. I really like TM. I really, really do. I'm very concerned with Nadeo shooting themselves in the foot massively (with this and the whole GAAS thing).
    Hello,

You're right, we do not want to have players creating an enormous gap in terms of points. Hence why we're slowly introducing higher ranks and trophies over the weeks. We will also reset points each year

Thanks for your feedback!

Originally Posted by Darki1993 Go to original post
    Currently only the Regional Ranks are available, even if you are in point range of the the National or World ranks. When will those ranks be unlocked?
    Hey,

National ranks will be available pretty soon, we decided to slowly open the higher ranks in order to avoid big gaps at the release. We will then open the World rankings once we feel that it will be the right moment.

Thanks,

Originally Posted by FunnyRaceMan Go to original post
    Hi
    on monday i got 70th worldwide in the track of the day and i still didnt get the trophys for that. Is this normal? Or do you need a specific rank to get trophys in track of the day? i have club acces also. Greatings FunnyRaceMan

Hello,

We didn't give the trophies on TOTD yet as we were experiencing some issues on the ranking since the release.
    We will give you an update once trophies will be sent for your TOTD rankings.

Thanks,

Trophies system remains very vague

The trophies system remains very vague. Is it possible to know how are / will be awarded the trophies for the solo (Campaigns, TODT) and the multi (Zrt TMCup, TMGL, ...) or is it as secret as the Google algorithm?

In addition, are there any plans to display the trophies rank level (Bronze 1/2/3, Silver 1/2/3 or Gold 1/2/3) on the profile screen? If I'm not talking nonsense, the only way to get the info today is to play online with other players?

Campaign, ZrT, TMGL: Winner gets 1 Trophy 9.
    TOTD: Winner of each day get 1 Trophy 7

Players placed 2nd, 3rd, ... get slightly less (like 6 Trophy 8 or so for second place)

Yes, but to my knowledge there has been no more information, in particular on how the distribution of trophies beyond 1st place will be calculated. I would like to know.

I hope Nadeo will communicate on this topic the same way they did about the points distribution for the campaign.

I guess they haven't come to a final decision yet. It's a new system and you'll have to expect that they'll do repeated adjustments over the first months.
    Hylis said in an interview that he wants the community to decide on how to distribute event trophies, eventually.

Hylis just gave new information on the trophies system on Twitter: (Trophies attribution, TOTD)

Originally Posted by Hylis
    Trophies attribution will be adjusted during the summer season. No loss. I will give info along side and we will officially communicate the main tables when things are as stable as possible.

First example : Top 1000 on the summer season is a Trophy 7. Top 100 is a Trophy 8. But like I said, it can still change during the season since we try to balance with Time attack results.

Some new way to win trophies will be also introduced during the season, including the world ranking on TOTD.
    Originally Posted by Hylis
    For Track of the day, according to your ranking, here are the trophies
    Top 1 : 1T7
    Top 2 : 6T6
    Top 3 : 4T6
    Top 10 : 3T6
    Top 100 : 1T6
    Top 1000 : 1T5
    It may change but it's the current estimation.
    Trophies will be attributed backward.

If I see well, at the moment, you have :
    Dexter : + 4T7
    Riolu : + 3T7
    Frev : +3T7
    From my perspective, it seems fair and balanced to me that the winners of major competitions (Zrt TMCUP, TMGL) win a trophy 9 and those who got the WR for the TOTD win a trophy 7.

On the other hand, the whole system becomes unbalanced when it is possible, as currently, to win hundreds of trophies 3 in just a few minutes just by farming the maps reviews.

Hey,

when exactly do the TOTD-Trophys drop?

I am Top 100 World on Aug 19, still I did not get a trophy for that.

I also am Top 1000 World (placement with 3 figures) for 14 times and I only have 6x Trophy 5, nothing better. Or did I miss something?