1701 Rendering on Custom Maps

Please help,

I have made several maps on the original and history edition of 1701 and some of these maps are not rendering anything but the islands and water. I have no trees, buildings, ships, and animals. The ship and warehouse buttons on the mini map work and these objects are interactive, but I cannot see them.

However, some of the custom maps do render completely. Is there anything I can do to get these objects to re-render?

Yes that might happen because the maps you made are from the 32bit game. Now you are running the 64bit game. It is like the Mod I run on 1404.

That when the guy does newer version on it. The older save games don't work about 50% of the time. You will have to make new maps using the 64bit version.

I'm seeing this exact problem but only on 1024x1024 maps, and only using the History Edition of 1701.

I've tried loading 1024x1024 maps created with the original 1701 and they have this problem when playing the History Edition.

When I create new 1024x1024 maps using the History Edition map editor and play them in the History Edition, they are also fail to render properly.

Drop the map size down to 960x960 and they work fine. Definitely some kind of bug with the History Edition.

Report to support or PM a Mod on here about it.

I've done a bug report online but as they've stated they are understaffed due to the pandemic I'm not holding out much hope that this extremely specific and low-priority bug will get much attention anytime soon.