1. #1

    Offline Bans - Are they actually getting the cheaters?

    Heard from someone today that they can still get around this as they'll boost someone, then deactivate and delete their uPlay account circumventing the offline ban (as well as the ban in general) preventing the MMR rollback.

    Ubi can you confirm you're aware of this issue and looking into it?

    Also, I'm aware this is essentially telling them how to do it, but I'm not aware of any other way to get through. Cases don't really seem to be helpful with stuff like this.
     1 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  2. #2
    Slyrr7's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    508
    It doesn't seem like it. After Steel wave was released, the cheating seems worse than ever. Before it was usually 1-2 people, on every enemy team, who you knew were using zero-recoil hacks. Now everybody seems to be using them. Before, ESP/Wallhack cheaters were only infrequently countered. Now there seems to be at least one in every match. And when they get called out, they always splutter and say 'WHAT hacks? I'm just really good!" Or, "Yeah I'm cheating. What's UBI gonna do about it?"

    The cheating issue, especially recoil cheats, is a sore point for me because it's been a problem ever since the game came out, and UBI doesn't seem to even want to admit that it is a problem. My friends and I play Casual, usually 2-3 matches per evening. Ever since last week, almost every match has been a blowout loss, with everybody on the enemy teams using recoil and ESP hacks, and now we've started seeing lots of players using auto-snap aiming hacks, in addition to their auto-ADS & weapon switch hacks. It's like they've got everything except player movement on cheat-hack autopilot.

    Diddling around with the "MMR" and playing with the knobs over at BattlEye seems to have done nothing to stop any of the real cheating that's taking place. Recoil hacks. ESP/Wallhacks. Auto-ADS. Auto-weapon switch. These are the REAL cheats that vex honest players. UBI must to take immediate, drastic, and significant action to reprogram Siege so that these cheats don't work anymore. All this dinking around with totally unrelated material isn't effective.
    Share this post

  3. #3
    LOL you think so? They make money of cheaters... They just ban a few so you think they're doing something. I play everyday and everyday I find one or more cheaters in each game. UBI JUST PLAY YOUR OWN GAME and you see what we're talking about.... but you won't right?
    Share this post

  4. #4
    Slyrr7's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    508
    I don't think the people at UBI test the game outside of a closed environment. I'm sure they set up their own secure servers, and hand-pick the participants. And they closely watch their own test matches. So they don't ever see any of the cheating that takes place in the real world. Which is why they always scratch their collective heads when people complain about cheating, and wondering what they're talking about. Because there's no cheating as far as they can see.

    We're tired of the runaround we keep getting from the company, about the cheating, and every other problem in Siege.

    UBI: "Please post your suggestions - we value your input!"
    Casual Players: "Do something to stop the recoil cheating."
    UBI: "No, that would be too hard for our programmers."
    Casual Players: "Oh. How about ending the ESP hacks?"
    UBI: "We won't do that either."
    Casual Players: "OK.... Will you please do something to stop the auto ADS hacks?"
    UBI: "No. It's our understanding that there is no such thing."
    Casual Players: "Yes there is - there totally is."
    UBI: "No there isn't. You must be imagining it."
    Casual Players: "SIgh. Then will you please fix Siege so the auto-weapon switch hacks don't work?"
    UBI: "No. That's baked into the game's code. Next?"
    Casual Players: "You asked for our input, then shot down and refused every suggestion we made."
    UBI: "Then we assume we've resolved all your concerns and that you love our game!"
    Casual Players: "No, you haven't. You've resolved nothing. Cheating and cheaters are still out of control in Siege."
    UBI: "No. We totally fixed it. We did something incredible and technically indescribable with the MMRs."
    Casual Players: "Then why are there still cheaters in every Siege match?"
    UBI: ".... Uh.... How about if we say that we value your input, would that fool you again?"
    Share this post

  5. #5
    UbiShoreman's Avatar Community Representative
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    936
    Originally Posted by Slyrr7 Go to original post
    I don't think the people at UBI test the game outside of a closed environment. I'm sure they set up their own secure servers, and hand-pick the participants. And they closely watch their own test matches. So they don't ever see any of the cheating that takes place in the real world. Which is why they always scratch their collective heads when people complain about cheating, and wondering what they're talking about. Because there's no cheating as far as they can see.

    We're tired of the runaround we keep getting from the company, about the cheating, and every other problem in Siege.

    UBI: "Please post your suggestions - we value your input!"
    Casual Players: "Do something to stop the recoil cheating."
    UBI: "No, that would be too hard for our programmers."
    Casual Players: "Oh. How about ending the ESP hacks?"
    UBI: "We won't do that either."
    Casual Players: "OK.... Will you please do something to stop the auto ADS hacks?"
    UBI: "No. It's our understanding that there is no such thing."
    Casual Players: "Yes there is - there totally is."
    UBI: "No there isn't. You must be imagining it."
    Casual Players: "SIgh. Then will you please fix Siege so the auto-weapon switch hacks don't work?"
    UBI: "No. That's baked into the game's code. Next?"
    Casual Players: "You asked for our input, then shot down and refused every suggestion we made."
    UBI: "Then we assume we've resolved all your concerns and that you love our game!"
    Casual Players: "No, you haven't. You've resolved nothing. Cheating and cheaters are still out of control in Siege."
    UBI: "No. We totally fixed it. We did something incredible and technically indescribable with the MMRs."
    Casual Players: "Then why are there still cheaters in every Siege match?"
    UBI: ".... Uh.... How about if we say that we value your input, would that fool you again?"

    Hey Slyrr, we have acknowledged the issues with cheating and hacking in our game across multiple blogs and updates, as well as our plans to address these things.

    As mentioned in our status report here, "Cheating is and always will be a topic of high priority for us." It is also mentioned that we aim to have a longer dev blog focusing on it in the future.
    Also in our "Top Issues blog" here, we acknowledge the uptick in mentions of cheating and establishing that we are are increasing our collaborative efforts with BattlEye in order to crack down on cheaters even further.

    In short, we are very aware of the fact that there are cheaters in our game, and have plans in place for them.

    Originally Posted by Danwolf. Go to original post
    Heard from someone today that they can still get around this as they'll boost someone, then deactivate and delete their uPlay account circumventing the offline ban (as well as the ban in general) preventing the MMR rollback.

    Ubi can you confirm you're aware of this issue and looking into it?

    Also, I'm aware this is essentially telling them how to do it, but I'm not aware of any other way to get through. Cases don't really seem to be helpful with stuff like this.
    Hey Dan! I actually went back and asked the team for clarification on this so I can get you a solid answer.

    So, the team just got back to me, apparently this method to circumvent the offline bans should not be working. They players that were boosted should still be banned, regardless of whether the person boosting them has deactivated their account or not. If you see any hard evidence that this is not working, you should definitely open a ticket up.
    Share this post

  6. #6
    Originally Posted by UbiShoreman Go to original post
    So, the team just got back to me, apparently this method to circumvent the offline bans should not be working. They players that were boosted should still be banned, regardless of whether the person boosting them has deactivated their account or not. If you see any hard evidence that this is not working, you should definitely open a ticket up.
    I'm glad, as long as it picks up they were being boosted by x player who deactivated/deleted their uPlay account.

    Thanks for the answer Shoreman!
    Share this post

  7. #7
    Slyrr7's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    508
    Originally Posted by UbiShoreman Go to original post
    Hey Slyrr, we have acknowledged the issues with cheating and hacking in our game across multiple blogs and updates, as well as our plans to address these things.

    As mentioned in our status report here, "Cheating is and always will be a topic of high priority for us." It is also mentioned that we aim to have a longer dev blog focusing on it in the future.
    Also in our "Top Issues blog" here, we acknowledge the uptick in mentions of cheating and establishing that we are are increasing our collaborative efforts with BattlEye in order to crack down on cheaters even further.

    In short, we are very aware of the fact that there are cheaters in our game, and have plans in place for them.
    If you do I'll be very grateful for them. If the moderators here feel in any way slighted, please understand: These posts and complaints are coming from players who are extremely frustrated with the level of cheating in Siege. And coming off from nearly 2 weeks of direct experience in Steel Wave, where the cheating seems more common, more invasive, and more uncontrolled than ever. Also please understand this level of frustration comes after five years of having to put up with that cheating. That kind of frustration will inevitably lead to complaints.
     1 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  8. #8
    I agree with you Slyrr7. I find cheating much more often this season. last season I got 23 mmr changes, this season nothing yet! while players had obvious ESP and were tracking and trying to shoot me through solid wall
    This way i dropped from G2 to Bronze 1. Now I'm Silver 1 and finally going closer to gold while still getting matched vs obvious cheaters. It's really frustraiting, especially when soloQ. When playing 5-stack (still unranked only) we are able to win, coz mostly they are really bad players.

    1-2 days ago Pengu added clip when playing vs cheaters...and using elite doki skin + win animation. How this is still working?
    and cheaters are selling hacks via YT, example:
    [Naming and Shaming]
    Share this post

  9. #9
    Slyrr7's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    508
    Originally Posted by Cadhi.TheDrone Go to original post
    I agree with you Slyrr7. I find cheating much more often this season. last season I got 23 mmr changes, this season nothing yet! while players had obvious ESP and were tracking and trying to shoot me through solid wall
    This way i dropped from G2 to Bronze 1. Now I'm Silver 1 and finally going closer to gold while still getting matched vs obvious cheaters. It's really frustraiting, especially when soloQ. When playing 5-stack (still unranked only) we are able to win, coz mostly they are really bad players.

    1-2 days ago Pengu added clip when playing vs cheaters...and using elite doki skin + win animation. How this is still working?
    and cheaters are selling hacks via YT, example:
    [Name and Shame]
    It doesn't help that we keep getting asked to provide video evidence of cheating (like you have done above). Then when we post those videos, the company takes down the posts. They seem more active and aggressive in punishing the tattlers (even though UBI are the ones who asked us to tattle) than they are about punishing the cheaters. Instead we get lectures about how the identities of the cheaters must be protected so the cheaters won't have to feel 'ashamed' of their cheating.

    I don't think the 'report cheating' button in the game is effective in its current form, because how can the company know if that button is clicked in good faith? I'll be the first to admit that I'm no expert in Siege, but I don't think I'm bad at it. I have never used a cheat in my life. I think they're crutches used by weak players who are are too lazy to do any actual playing. But I'm sure there are some matches, where I've played against players who aren't as experienced, and they may think I'm cheating just because I out-played them. Who's to say they're not using that button to report me? What exactly does happen when that button is clicked? How do we know if actually winds up catching real cheaters, or if people are just reporting anyone who manages to kill them in game, and doing it out of spite?

    That's one of the things I'd like to see 'improved' as part of these anti-cheating wonders that we are now being promised. Some transparency. Honest Siege players should be provided with lists of the names of all players who have been caught using cheats, so we know who to watch out for, and/or kick from a match if necessary. We ought to be given access to the names of all players who have been reported using the 'report cheat' button, so we know exactly who the cheaters are. We've been told in the past that UBI wouldn't do this, for a host of reasons. But maybe some good old fashioned exposure and shaming would be a deterrent, and prevent would-be cheaters from even trying their dirty tricks.
    Share this post

  10. #10
    UbiMorning's Avatar Community Representative
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    15,013
    It doesn't help that we keep getting asked to provide video evidence of cheating (like you have done above). Then when we post those videos, the company takes down the posts.
    Because you are supposed to provide those videos in a support ticket. Not Name and Shame them on the forums, as it is against the forum rules.

    That's one of the things I'd like to see 'improved' as part of these anti-cheating wonders that we are now being promised. Some transparency.
    There will be more transparency on the anti-cheat progress coming with a blog post soon.

    We ought to be given access to the names of all players who have been reported using the 'report cheat' button, so we know exactly who the cheaters are.
    As you said right before this, " But I'm sure there are some matches, where I've played against players who aren't as experienced, and they may think I'm cheating just because I out-played them." So having a list of names that have been reported with the button would be not completely 100% accurate unless you are also proposing a process to vet out the incorrect reports and only display the actual cheaters.
    Regardless, as explained in the Naming and Shaming post, we are not going to make a public list at this time because it will only give attention to the cheaters, which is what they want.
     1 people found this helpful
    Share this post