Dunmaglass_'s Avatar Member

Year 5 Viking hero?

I saw this new concept art drawn by Andrew Im in the Ubisoft Store, it's a little weird to see it on sale when we have no viking like this one in the game. It may just be an idea that has not gone further than concept art or it may be planned for later, who knows? I think it might be fun a viking hero with ax and shield. I must add that his armor is really incredible! This is the kind of armor I like to see in the game, same for the weapons. Also the vikings behind
     1 people found this helpful

PapillonFlota's Avatar Member
    Maybe it is related to Assassin's creed new Game.

But it would be so cool a hero like this. Old axe and shield combo , viking warfare in it's purest form.

Originally Posted by PapillonFlota Go to original post
    Maybe it is related to Assassin's creed new Game.
    I forgot to mention it but it was in the For Honor section so it's not related to Assassin's Creed.

What would be the point?

There is no difference between sword and shield and axe and shield in this game to justify sutch a fighter beeing made, and you can see when they add a new fighter, they make shure that it does not feel like a copy of an existing fighter.

The only real viking weapon left to be represented is the viking halberd(it is described more like a glaive then the classical swiss halberd) but it is an obscure and not realy know wepon.

I see this as a mislabled image for AC.

Tyrjo's Avatar Senior Member
    It would make sense because it was the most common form of arms for vikings. I expect the new viking hero to have this kind of equipment.

Originally Posted by Frozty85 Go to original post
    There is no difference between sword and shield and axe and shield in this game to justify sutch a fighter beeing made, and you can see when they add a new fighter, they make shure that it does not feel like a copy of an existing fighter.
    I'm sure we can do something original with that but I think I understand why you don't want this, because we have a lot of axe in the game and shield heroes no longer seem to have much to offer. With the Wu Lin shield hero coming this year, it will probably be true.
    Originally Posted by Frozty85 Go to original post
    The only real viking weapon left to be represented is the viking halberd(it is described more like a glaive then the classical swiss halberd) but it is an obscure and not realy know wepon.
    Seems cool but this weapon doesn't seem to have so much to offer in gameplay. It might be better to give offensive tools to Lawbringer rather than create another hero with a weapon of the same style but more limited.

Tyrjo's Avatar Senior Member
    They can call the new hero the Einherjar.
     1 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by Dunmaglass_ Go to original post
    I'm sure we can do something original with that but I think I understand why you don't want this, because we have a lot of axe in the game and shield heroes no longer seem to have much to offer. With the Wu Lin shield hero coming this year, it will probably be true.

Single axe with shaman, double axe with berserker, 2 handed axe with raider, there are no more axe types left.
    And the only reason to why i did not mention knifes is shaman uses one.
    There is the broken-back seax, but i find it hard to see how thatcould be given to a fighter, even if they did the long blade version.

Seems cool but this weapon doesn't seem to have so much to offer in gameplay. It might be better to give offensive tools to Lawbringer rather than create another hero with a weapon of the same style but more limited.

Yea i dont know what playstyle to think of either, given that there is very little info about that weapon.
    Vikings realy have nothing more to be added, unless you expand and go outside of vikings/saxons into something like germanic
    -

Ye because Highlander is purely Viking...

You could make him into a trapper that has a bear trap on a chain he uses to fight via throwing it or trapping the ground around him while he fights with his axe and shield. when he goes into full guard he has the option to have his pet wolf or bear (vikings had bears as pets) attack. He could be a hybrid like Highlander. He's an assassin like shinobi/shamon while riding the animal throwing his chained bear trap's and
    chained throwing axe while the animal is used for close range. Then when unmounted he's a heavy and his animal attacks from range.

You could also make the bear trap on the end of the bears leash so to affect surroundings... Kinda like gladiator fight scene with the tigers... Only with a great trap to attches the bear to the enemy if they don't mind their surroundings.