Far Cry 3 terrible performance

Ok so i got far cry 3 from the steam summer sale and i am having a serious problem with stuttering and low fps, I know its not my hardware because I am able to run more demanding games at 60fps easily. the problem occurs whenever i look around at things and stuff and its 10x worse whenever i have anti aliasing turned on. i have looked for a fix and i haven't had any luck so i am posting here about it, i can run stuff like fallout 4 and COD MW 2019 60fps+(i usually have vsync on so idk what fps i actually get but ik its above 60) but i cant run far cry 3 above 40-50 fps. i tried disabling vsync, i tried setting it to DirectX9, i tried turning off PostFX in the xml file but it didn't work for some reason even though i set it to read only, at one point whenever i launched up the game it was completely stutter free but idk what i did because the as soon as i changed my graphics settings it messed it up again. (this may have something to do with PostFX) i really want to play this game because the story is so good but i cant even play it, if i cant get a fix im just going to refund and get classic edition on xbox because then, even at 30fps, it wont run like crap and stutter all the time.

specs:
    windows 10 home 64 bit
    gtx 1650
    intel core i7-9750H CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.59
    16 GB ram
     1 people found this helpful

What I do is usually put all settings on max, with Vsync. For me it runs games smoothly, not really sure why but it's probably worth a shot! Though If motion blur is on, I suggest turning that off.

Ubi-WheelyDuck's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Originally Posted by IXxOnJahxXI Go to original post
    Ok so i got far cry 3 from the steam summer sale and i am having a serious problem with stuttering and low fps, I know its not my hardware because I am able to run more demanding games at 60fps easily. the problem occurs whenever i look around at things and stuff and its 10x worse whenever i have anti aliasing turned on. i have looked for a fix and i haven't had any luck so i am posting here about it, i can run stuff like fallout 4 and COD MW 2019 60fps+(i usually have vsync on so idk what fps i actually get but ik its above 60) but i cant run far cry 3 above 40-50 fps. i tried disabling vsync, i tried setting it to DirectX9, i tried turning off PostFX in the xml file but it didn't work for some reason even though i set it to read only, at one point whenever i launched up the game it was completely stutter free but idk what i did because the as soon as i changed my graphics settings it messed it up again. (this may have something to do with PostFX) i really want to play this game because the story is so good but i cant even play it, if i cant get a fix im just going to refund and get classic edition on xbox because then, even at 30fps, it wont run like crap and stutter all the time.

specs:
    windows 10 home 64 bit
    gtx 1650
    intel core i7-9750H CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.59
    16 GB ram
    Hey IXxOnJahxXI,

Sorry to hear about the performance issues you are having in game.

From what you have described i think the steps you will find here would be the best thing to try first. Particularly ensuring your graphics drivers are up to date, your operating system is up to date and also running the game without background applications.

Originally Posted by Scarlette.- Go to original post
    What I do is usually put all settings on max, with Vsync. For me it runs games smoothly, not really sure why but it's probably worth a shot! Though If motion blur is on, I suggest turning that off.
    Great to see your input Scarlette.-,

Its always nice to see players trying to help each other.
    As 1 persons setup and hardware can be different to another, I would suggest first the steps I advised above, it is however great to hear you find this works for you!