Will AI teammates be fully customizable?

Just wondering since I haven't seen any news on this.

Hopefully it will be on par with the updates they did in Wildlands, otherwise this would be a huge disappointment after this long wait.

Hugo-FOU's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by shotgunbutcher Go to original post
    Just wondering since I haven't seen any news on this.

Hopefully it will be on par with the updates they did in Wildlands, otherwise this would be a huge disappointment after this long wait.
    There has been no news other than they’ll arrive with the July update. Not a word about them otherwise. Not since it was announced they would return, which I think was about a year ago now!
     2 people found this helpful

FCacGRdvWD's Avatar Senior Member
    Let's just see if they can move on their own first and not get stuck in the Erewhom fake entrance.

You gotta crawl before you can run you know!

Steven527's Avatar Senior Member
    I am really afraid of the dialogue options... I mean really afraid. Though I did hear one funny routine last night. I switched back to english and the heavy gunner was making a joke about rocket man. Hadn't heard that in a long time.

Ubisoft should be aiming to allow full customisation of the AI team mates, but I'm not optimistic. What Ubisoft should be doing with Breakpoint and what they actually do, haven't been the same thing for a while now.

Using the issue with the quick-draw vest as an example, I'm predicting the AI team mates will be non-customisable when released, patched to be customisable but with bugs, then re-patched back to non-customisable because Ubisoft can't eliminate the bugs. I'd love to be wrong though.

And as far as dialogue for the AI team mates goes, I'm expecting them to be completely silent. Again, I'd love to wrong about that.
     1 people found this helpful

Honestly I'd rather them be silent than to have to listen to the same dozen or so cheesetastic lines over and over again like in Wildlands. Just respond to commands and dole out relevant info from time to time and be done with it.

As ofr AI customization, I wholeheartedly agree. Not only should they let us customize their look, but their loadout as well. I always felt these kinds of options were a fundamental part of Ghost Recon.

Hugo-FOU's Avatar Senior Member
    With regard to dialogue from them, I would definitely like to have them call out targets, but rather than type of enemy followed by ‘by that stack of tires’, have type of enemy, followed by ‘North side of base, 200meters’, or ‘XX meters north of my/your position’.

As for other dialogue, I’d actually like them to reveal info about the island, like Midas did in Wildlands. I personally felt it added life to the map.
    However, after the first occasion I’d like there to be a more dynamic system for repeating the dialogue.
    For example, when revisiting an area there could be three timeframes.
    First timeframe, no repeat.
    Second, a conversation along the lines of ‘Did I tell you about X?’ ‘Yeah.’
    Third, Did I tell you about X?’ ‘Yeah, but remind me?’

Also, a menu option to limit or remove dialogue repeats would likely be a welcome feature.

Originally Posted by Hugo-FOU Go to original post
    With regard to dialogue from them, I would definitely like to have them call out targets, but rather than type of enemy followed by ‘by that stack of tires’, have type of enemy, followed by ‘North side of base, 200meters’, or ‘XX meters north of my/your position’.

As for other dialogue, I’d actually like them to reveal info about the island, like Midas did in Wildlands. I personally felt it added life to the map.
    However, after the first occasion I’d like there to be a more dynamic system for repeating the dialogue.

Also, a menu option to limit or remove dialogue repeats would likely be a welcome feature.
    Future Soldier already did the "to your X o'clock" style callouts:

At 4:04 a couple targets get called out.

Also note the much better melee attacks.
     1 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by Hugo-FOU Go to original post

Hopefully they will call out any nearby drones as well.You can hear the big ones, but those smaller flying drones are completely silent, and easily missed, until they raise the alarm at finding a body that is. .

Page 1 of 7 123 ... Last ►►