🛈 Announcement
Greetings! Anno forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game

General Discussion for 1602 HE

Hi there,

thought I'd open a general discussion thread for the History Edition of Anno 1602. I have not played a lot yet, mostly since there are two things that are missing for me and that I'm trying to work around:

Unless I'm completely missing something - there is no way to change the keyboard bindings? I found the setting of displaying the shortcuts, but didn't find a way to change anything. Am I overlooking something? I'm currently looking into AutoHotKey to rebind some keys - mainly using WASD to scroll the map and designating a key that toggles the speed between normal and the fastest.

I'm glad that it was not tried to update the graphics as the "low res" graphics are just part of older games. Also, it's nice to be able to zoom out so far to get a nice overview of all the islands.
    That being said, only having three levels of zoom is very limiting and playing on a 4K monitor, the closest view is a bit too far away for me, still, to comfortably build on an island. Would it be possible to add another, closer zoom level?
    Otherwise I will probably resort to playing on a lower resolution.

One last thing that really feels odd - zooming with the scroll wheel zooms into the center of the current view, it would be nice it would zoom into the mouse cursor's current position.

With all that, still looking forward to playing more of my old favorite!
     1 people found this helpful

One last thing that really feels odd - zooming with the scroll wheel zooms into the center of the current view, it would be nice it would zoom into the mouse cursor's current position.
    Definitely agree, this would be really nice.

I've also found that the "right-click camera" feature does not play nice with the screen edges. If you hold right-click and drag the mouse into the edge of the screen, it gets really janky.

, the closest view is a bit too far away for me, still, to comfortably build on an island. Would it be possible to add another, closer zoom level?
    This is a must have, now it just feels so distant, the game needs a closer zoom with higher resolutions to enjoy the game at it's finest, I'd like to actually examine in more detail what's happening in the city and sometimes just appreciate the pixel art and watch my city working