Dark Zone

Divide the dz zone servers by watch score.... new players stand no chance against 1000 and up watch scores... their watches have more armor than my own gear..

Originally Posted by esteban17 Go to original post
    The day when TU10 went live, the feel of better loot was better than before, but after that, the servers reseted and the things changed. Now the game is a mess, this is a supposed cover base looter shooter. But this only applies for the agents, because the npcs, as soon as they see you, rush you in mass and facetank you without flinching an inch even if you empty one entire magazine in their heads. These are some of the point i feel are very wrong with this game right now:

1.- The loot: All the promises of loot quality and generosity went down the drain, i´ve played a lot to prove this and my conclussion is that somehow you reverted the loot to previous crappy states. I only play on heroic or legendary, and this is not to brag about but for stating that im "getting" the highest reward tier loot possible in the game. The problem is that the rewards are awful, the targeted loot is inexistent, in the control points im getting average 3 drops, only one of them is from the targeted loot and is rainbow gear in an average 98% of the times, the 2% thats not rainbow, don even get to 60% rolls, and this is supposed to be the gear you have to collect to improve your build, and its imposible. Also there´s the talent problem, if you are farming a brand that its core atribute is red, and the brandset bonus is damage (weap dmg, crit hit, etc) you dont need talents like, vanguard, energize or skill related talents to come by default, if we want to try hybrid builds, we can use the bench. This things instead of making the people to grind harder, are driving them in searching for other games and you can notice that because every time is harder to matchmake and the DZ are deserted.

2.- Agents dmg and armor vs Npc´s damage output and bullet sponginess: This is a huge problem, the game forces us agents in choosing between do more damage but at the cost of being frail or getting more armor but not doing nothing to npcs (again, im talking in the highes difficulties of the game), the problem is the npcs dont abide to those rules, the tank npcs do insane amounts of damage, have insane armor and some of them also has super powefull skills, like the white changas. The max armor you can get is approx. 2 million, but a purple and even a red npc can facetank you and shred that armor in 3 seconds of shooting, the npc ttk is a lot less than our ttk and that is plain wrong, i dont have problems with them being hard to kil, the problem is how easy is for them to kill us. This thing make hybrid builds not as viable as a full red build for the hardest content. Actually im trying a hybrid build with 1.6 million armor, 53% critical hit chance and 130% critical hit dmg and the eagle bearer hitting at 93K dmg. But the purple and above npc´s can take my shots like nothing, can facetank me without flinching and shred my armor in a couple of seconds. One of the promises of this update was to give the agents a feeling of power and i have to say that you failed completely in that aspect, not only because the npcs are tankier and a lot more aggresive than before, they also rush to you like mad men and dont get staggered by anything, without taking into the ecuation the fact that you nerfed the weapons that really gave that feeling and the skills that gave us a little bit of time to shot the npcs without being instantly killed.

Npc´s accuracy: Its insane, pistol, smg, lmg, rifle, ar, shotgun granade launcher etc they can shot you in the head from everywhere, even if they don have a clear line of sight (for grenades). The most broken are the shtgun guys and the smg rushers/hyena controllers.

3.- Crafting: It plain useless, you cant get anything good from crafting, you can eliminate the bench and the game is still the same. What´s the point on looting resourses if you cant get nothing good from them?

4.- scaling: If you play with more people, the npc armor and damage goes insane, maybe its better to have more npc than buffing them up.

5.- nerfs to the agents: Stop it, if you want more diversity, improve the gear spec and characteristics, when you nerf us, you make us less powerfull and thats agains the devs promises of feeling of power.

6.- diversity: if the npcs are so tanky that you need a red build or almos all red to kill them, its never going to happen. Not everyone have a team to play, so if you want more diversity, almost every build, if its well made, it sould let you clear the heroic content of the game, if 8 npcs rush you at the same time, and you are not doing enough damage to stop them because you are using a hybrid, a tank or a skill build, theres no diversity, so the agrresiveness, tankiness and damage of the npcs is again the subject here.

7.- Rewards: If you play in the dark zone, the cashes are pure garbage, the conflict ones are worse. What is the point in going to the dark zone, spend hours clearing landmarks, completing manhunts and fighting people wanting to stole your loot, to get rainbow 50% roll stuff. The exclusive named items in he dz always drop with the worst atributes. Why are you going to make a conflict build to go there, fight and only getting things you are going to deconstruct because they are useless?

8.- PVP: Well, if you guys are not even capable of balancing the pve part of the game, i think pvp has no future. Best solution is to include all the dz gear to the regular loot pool, so there are slight better chances of getting that gear with better rolls, and let the dz for the sport.

Suggestions:
    - PLEASE REWARD THE GRIND, if theres still people willing to spent hours grinding, you have to recognize that effort and give them something usefull, not a backpack trophy. For example, let them reroll another atribute or the talent in a already rolled piece of gear at the cost of 2 or 3 million credits. You have to grind a lot to get that amount, so no one is going to get perfect gear instantly and drop the game, in fact, you are going to give them motivation to keep playin the same old missions for the 500th time.

- Minimal loot tiers: the minimal rlols on heroic and harder content should not be below 65% in every atribute. it doesnt matter if they are rainbows. No excuses there, stop stomping on the people still playing.

- The crafting bench should be on par with your level, if not, its useless. Charge more credits and materials, but make the bench usable. charge so much that you have to grind a lot to craft something, but something gooooood, that way its not the "slot machine" thing the devs said

- if its too hard to nerf the armor of the npcs, tweak their damage output, their time to kill, cant be less than ours (if we have good builds), because they have 10x mor armor than us. And if we are shoting them in the head, they cant be shooting back at us, as if nothing is happening

- Make the amount of armor accountable, if i have almost the max armor possible, the npcs should have a hard time to kill us, not 2 seconds shooting.

- if you have a good amount of damage, good critical hit chance and damage, but not in the full dps range, you should not need to empty 6 clips in the same npc to kill him.

- Separate the behavior of the npcs, now every npc act as a rusher.

I have more things but its already too long, sory about that.

Regards
    Bro! This an awesome post! You literally stated a lot of the reasons behind why I personally will find myself constantly rage quitting the game. Your number #2 reason was on point. I also play on Heroic specifically with a few different death builds using the updated versions of *Ongoing Directive, *Striker, or the Tip of the Spear Gearsets alongside the "In Sync" and "Ignited" talents on my weapons. I usually run an Assault Turret with an air-burst seeker mine. As of right now, these three builds are my strongest and hardest hitting DPS builds and allow me to run through solo Heroic missions and play in a Heroic level world with the FOG of War Directive turned on without too many problems or deaths. When the builds are working right and the game registers each talent and DPS outputs properly, I absolutely melt NPCs, even named ones, at a pretty decently high rate. I also except the fact that I 'm basically a glass cannon and can get put down almost immediately if I'm not careful or am simply caught in the open. With that said, there are some pretty substantial and very frustrating moments where I will get killed because of the absolute OP levels of almost any level NPC.

First example is that of status effected NPCs. Not sure what happened here, but there have been numerous occasions where I have set an NPC (disregarding their specific level) on fire or any other major status effect and they did not act accordingly. I have seen anywhere from beginning to shoot with utmost accuracy, to taking cover, or simply not showing any effects of the respective status effect on the current NPC. This is very frustrating because it basically nullifies any status effect that the player may place upon enemy NPCs which in turn will make things like status effect dependent talents, skills, or builds completely worthless. This seems unfair considering that when the player is blinded, burned, shocked, confused or poisoned, it can have very detrimental effects to the point where:

a.) it causes death immediately in some cases
    b.) knocks the player completely out of cover which in turn exposes you to enemy fire
    c.) can make player movement and aiming very difficult
    or d.) can completely blind the player for a decent amount of time

I agree with your standpoint of how there needs to be a good balance between the higher level NPCs in the highest difficulties of the game and how they may be effected or damaged to that of the players damage taken and or level of status effects received . There use to be a time, specifically before the Warlords of New York DLC dropped, when players could absolutely use status effects as a means of a decent mode of crowd control in order to survive a chaotic fight with a higher number of high level NPCs even on Heroic difficulty. Nowadays it seems as if even the lowest level NPCs can simply walk off the status effects applied to them and directly face tank a player to the point of death in a matter of seconds as you had mentioned.

Another issue I have had with the game since its initial release and has somehow have felt as if it has become even worse than before is that of the NPC's overall weapons accuracy (again disregarding their respective levels). Right now it as if every single NPC regardless of their level have at least an 80% to 95% hit ratio to shots being fired at the player. This is very frustrating to the point where there have been occasions that I have been absolutely melted by the lowest level of NPCs from distances up to at least a block away(in-game street scale) by an SMG or machine gun, and even shot guns once in awhile. This absolutely needs to be fixed or at least a debuff needs to be applied to the NPC accuracy level. Even the minigunners are hitting at ridiculous hit ratio to shots fired. This makes taking out priority targets very difficult considering that my armor absolutely gets melted the moment I pop out of cover or do any kind of cover-to-cover movement. This issue make talents like that of "Focus" and aiming in with the Nemesis Exotic almost too risky to even bother to try and use. Especially since most high level NPCs will simply laugh at taking a shot to the face from the .300 Win Mag Nemesis at the full 100% charge.

I wish they would lessen the fuse time and raise the damage output of the grenades in the game. As of right now, they are pretty much only used to make NPCs expose themselves from cover and otherwise are pretty much useless. Once in a blue moon, the player might get lucky and apply some decent damage to the NPC or possibly kill them altogether. This is only if the NPC doesn't conduct the automatic life saving, perfectly timed, dodge-grenade roll. I understand this can be dependent of the player's Explosives Damage output, however this can be a problem if you are trying to run a high DPS output based on your weapons of choice build. Most of the time this is usually the case. This also needs to be reworked considering most grenades thrown or shot by the enemy are done with utmost accuracy and will absolutely destroy the player's armor.

The last thing that seems to be the most upsetting aspect to deal with is the absolute face tank aggressiveness of all NPCs.

Especially these variants:
    a.) the 50. cal sniper rifle bearing robot dog
    b.) the mini-gun robot dog
    c.) the grenade launching robot dog
    d.) any variant of the mobile rolling turrets
    e.) the mini-gunner or machine gunner variants
    f.) the absolutely OP tank level shield and ridiculously accurate SMG bearing NPCs

Is it absolutely necessary for these specific NPCs to feel the need to facetank the player to death no matter their armor or DPS level? Please fix this.

In summary, there is fine line between making the players feel that they have to work for the grind versus absolutely getting crapped on no matter what they do.

* Note - As of right now, my On Going Directive and Striker builds are the hardest hitting. I currently run four pieces of either depending on what mood I'm in. I leave the chest piece and backpack slots open so that I can run two pieces of gear brands that offer weapons damage boosts respective to the current weapons that I have equipped at the time. This makes the two builds very versatile in respects of being able to run whatever combination of weapons I feel like using a the time.

I like to run "Combined Arms" on the backpacks and "Spotter" on the chest armors (I usually run the Technician Specialty Class in order to obtain the pulse laser pointer attachment for my weapons which the Spotter talent depends on). I like to run a combination of In-Sync with Ignited, Perpetuation, Sadist or Spike on the weapons. I especially like to try and run the perfect versions of these talents when possible. I have noticed that specifically in combination with the dropped Hollow-point ammo for the On Going directive, as long as I have a decent amount of Status effect percentage the tic and damage levels of bleed and burn status effects are pretty awesome especially when I get hits with Spike, Perpetuation, or In-Sync. Overall I'm pretty satisfied with my two builds and hope to only better them with better attributes and possible god-rolls of the gear and weapons that I'm already currently running.

good suggestions

There are some very good suggestions here for sure. I get so sick of crafting skill gear and getting red and blue attributes. its skill gear. if i wanted red and blue on them i would ease over to the recal table and do it there.

Couldn't agree more! I just.. grinded? ground? was grinding? for about 40 hours over the past two and half weeks to get a Pyromaniac drop. I played the AR target loot missions and areas, did the bounties in those areas at Challenging or above difficulty level, missions were usually Heroic with Directives active.. 40 hours I had one specific goal in mind: Pyromaniac drop with good rolls. After 40 hours do y'know what happened? I got one to drop! One! And the sad part... not one single attribute was over 50%. So I got one to drop, but the rolls are trash. So the reward for 40 hours put in to the game... nothing! Nada! Goal not met! Division agent down! Stuck on the john with no TP. Manning the tower with no weapon. I was fixing a sink with no wrench. Incredibly frustrating to grind this long and this hard and not find even a sliver of what you're looking for.

TheGeko... "My point is: Casual players have Normal, Hard and Challanging"

Read the posts mate before you mouth off.

The guys writing are to ones playing Heroic. I run Heroic and can pretty much solo most of the mission to the end without dying and I concur with what's being said.

Getting purple and 30% stuff when the world is set to heroic is tiring. Having the game freeze on you or boot you out of missions is tiring. When running with all the directives on and having to wipe with Keener because his repair done spawns underground or in a object is tiring.

Yes you do have to change your kit and that is a player needing to build their kit and learn to play a bit but there are plenty of things with the game that need to be fixed.

I have soloed DARPA a few times and I did notice recently I died regularly at the end. Even with the build I soloed it with before. When a clan member jumped in on me we finished it pretty much immediately.

There are issues with the game

TheGeckoHimself's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by ozkfidDarkness Go to original post
    TheGeko... "My point is: Casual players have Normal, Hard and Challanging"

Read the posts mate before you mouth off.

The guys writing are to ones playing Heroic. I run Heroic and can pretty much solo most of the mission to the end without dying and I concur with what's being said.

Getting purple and 30% stuff when the world is set to heroic is tiring. Having the game freeze on you or boot you out of missions is tiring. When running with all the directives on and having to wipe with Keener because his repair done spawns underground or in a object is tiring.

Yes you do have to change your kit and that is a player needing to build their kit and learn to play a bit but there are plenty of things with the game that need to be fixed.

I have soloed DARPA a few times and I did notice recently I died regularly at the end. Even with the build I soloed it with before. When a clan member jumped in on me we finished it pretty much immediately.

There are issues with the game
    Lol. The point is - Every casual gamer here thinks that they know better than the entire team of professional developers, who are working on this game for 6 years already (Division 1 was 2 years in development, before release date). Don't you think that's arrogant? I do.

They are running Striker or Tip of the Spear builds (or even worse - the builds with no synergy at all) and wonder why Heroic is so hard for them? If I would use those builds - I would also have issues with game difficulty

That's my second point - every casual gamer is rushing into Heroic World in order to get the best loot as soon as possible. I can't blame them here. I understand - you want to have better loot. But that's the harders Open World Difficulty! What do you expect? Any mistakes on this difficulty should be punishable! That the ENTIRE POINT of having such difficulty! If heroic is too hard - play on Challanging - you always have this option! However, If the Heroic Open world is too easy - there is no other option! (legendary is not an Open world difficulty).

Just have a slightly wider view on a problem.

Regarding bugs - that's a very complicated game. Bugs are inevitable. They are humans - they make mistakes and fixing as fast as they can! Show me a Video game with no bugs?

Finally, what is your point with Darpa Solo? Do you want to impress me here? Or you are still using the build from TU 9.1 and wondering why is not that effective anymore? Use new talents and create builds for TU 10! Then you will be able to solo it again.

Just have a slightly wider view, ok?

Originally Posted by jonnythefrank Go to original post
    Couldn't agree more! I just.. grinded? ground? was grinding? for about 40 hours over the past two and half weeks to get a Pyromaniac drop. I played the AR target loot missions and areas, did the bounties in those areas at Challenging or above difficulty level, missions were usually Heroic with Directives active.. 40 hours I had one specific goal in mind: Pyromaniac drop with good rolls. After 40 hours do y'know what happened? I got one to drop! One! And the sad part... not one single attribute was over 50%. So I got one to drop, but the rolls are trash. So the reward for 40 hours put in to the game... nothing! Nada! Goal not met! Division agent down! Stuck on the john with no TP. Manning the tower with no weapon. I was fixing a sink with no wrench. Incredibly frustrating to grind this long and this hard and not find even a sliver of what you're looking for.

That's called RNG. Ill give you an example - it took me almost 1.5 months of playing to get a Lady Death. While other players got after first boss kill!
    I have more than 30- 40 Legendary missons completions - and I still don't have a Big Horn. However, other players got it after their first run.

That's RNG. Stop complaining

So... in your opinion the game is perfect and no one should have a different view? Is that it? HEY GUYS, EVERYTHING IS FINE... NO GECKO JUST SAID IT'S COOL SO WE CAN JUST GO BACK TO PLAYING NOW...... Jesus you're not a smart person. The point is not that the RNG, the point is not my build is not perfect, the point is not I can't solo this or that difficulty. The point is that the current system does not reward the grind. Purples on Heroic?? You're seriously ok with that? That's what the whole point of this thread is, and if you have a differing point of view backed up with some actual thought out opinions, people might actually listen to you. Instead, you try and force your view on everyone else and tell people to stop having another point of view because it's not yours. If you're ok with the game, be ok with it; but don't tell others they have to be ok with it, too. That's what these forums are for.

Originally Posted by jonnythefrank Go to original post
    So... in your opinion the game is perfect and no one should have a different view? Is that it? HEY GUYS, EVERYTHING IS FINE... NO GECKO JUST SAID IT'S COOL SO WE CAN JUST GO BACK TO PLAYING NOW...... Jesus you're not a smart person. The point is not that the RNG, the point is not my build is not perfect, the point is not I can't solo this or that difficulty. The point is that the current system does not reward the grind. Purples on Heroic?? You're seriously ok with that? That's what the whole point of this thread is, and if you have a differing point of view backed up with some actual thought out opinions, people might actually listen to you. Instead, you try and force your view on everyone else and tell people to stop having another point of view because it's not yours. If you're ok with the game, be ok with it; but don't tell others they have to be ok with it, too. That's what these forums are for.
    Game is not perfect, but it's great! SHOW ME A VIDEO WHERE YOU RECIEVE A PURPLE ON HEROIC! PROVE YOUR POINT! You can only get Purples on Heroic from Open world chests. And they specifically mentioned that is as intended. Because they don't want players to simply fast travel from one Safe House to another in order to get a free loot from the crates.

Do you have any other arguments? Because that literally the only argument you made. And your only argument is wrong! The rest COMPLAINS, COMPLAINS, COMPLAINS. Seriously - pathetic!
    All you can do is trash this game. Is there anything you like about this game?

You are saying
    The point is not that the RNG, the point is not my build is not perfect, the point is not I can't solo this or that difficulty. The point is that the current system does not reward the grind
    Ok, let's discuss that. Do you understand that because your build is weaker than mine - it takes you at least twice more time to clear the same mission or control point, for example? Do you understand that? I'm getting at least twice more loot then you are simply because my build is better than yours! That's the core of all your problems!

Don't believe me, right? What's your Season level right now? I reached rank 100 after 1.5 days after release date. Do you realise how much loot I received in ONLY one and a half days from the Season rewards and activities I've completed? I got all the best builds in the game in this short amount of time! I had to delete a lot of God rolled items, in order to stash better god rolled items!

The core of ALL your problems with this game - is your build! Once you'll have a great build - you'll recieve at least twice more stuff! And EVEN more importantly - you'll start to enjoy this game as much as I do. Because it feels SO COOL to simply annihilate all NPCs. So much fun, seriously!

I made a full thread for Casual gamers with , i don't know, maybe 10 best builds in TU10.
    Here is the link:
    https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthrea...-CC-and-Shield

Look at those builds and compare it with yours! Who knows maybe you'll start to enjoy this game as much as i do. And i sincerely wish you that. Have fun, Bro! Its such a cool game!