pesto.'s Avatar Banned
    Originally Posted by LDS_Darth_Revan Go to original post
    Seeing people defend and excuse his actions, some of which could be argued as rape by deception, is disturbing.
    The conflation of those you disagree with, with excuses for rape by deception is disturbing.

I get that you want to silence dissent. The question is why? Is it because of you and your own virtue, or because of the actual events and people? How much do you really empathize with the protagonists of this story, when you can't apparently empathize with alternative views?

If there was a crime committed, then he deserves the full punishment of the law. If not then why are you invested in the idea that he should be made to suffer outside of the scope of his actions? When is enough?

Do you not find it disturbing that punishment should be meted out by a mob rather than the law and the victims? Perhaps the law is out of step with the times, in which case it should be changed and infidelity should once again become a punishable crime, it had rather gone out of favor except in deep red states and third world countries.

Originally Posted by pesto. Go to original post
    The conflation of those you disagree with, with excuses for rape by deception is disturbing.

I get that you want to silence dissent. The question is why? Is it because of you and your own virtue, or because of the actual events and people? How much do you really empathize with the protagonists of this story, when you can't apparently empathize with alternative views?

If there was a crime committed, then he deserves the full punishment of the law. If not then why are you invested in the idea that he should be made to suffer outside of the scope of his actions? When is enough?

Do you not find it disturbing that punishment should be meted out by a mob rather than the law and the victims? Perhaps the law is out of step with the times, in which case it should be changed and infidelity should once again become a punishable crime, it had rather gone out of favor except in deep red states and third world countries.
    We are upset at Ashraf for having used his power as a Creative director to sexually harass and mistreat Women, even deceiving them to extramarital relationships without any consent of his actual family. He cheated and he is ashamed of that, hence why he stepped down as a Creative Director out of his own volition, so I don't see where you get the headcanon that an angry internet mob forced him to do this and even then, his family lives are in ruins, ergo he would not work with full power under such stress.

He committed no crime punishable by law since the law has outlawed Adultery as a crime but is still morally viewed as bad and that can have a negative effect on his reputations as devs and on Ubisoft, but as others said he did more than simply cheat, he also was reported to harass Woman and that even extended to workers and even fans like Loomer's Girlfriend, one of the most influential AC fans ever.

Also no, I am not disturbed by the Internet calling out the bad stuff, well, bad stuff. Back in the day, something like this would have never come out of public and he would have been ignored and thus the cycle of abuse would have still been followed.

I think you should not worry way too much about the Internet, it's the place where we condemn and praise stuff, so Ashraf having now to suffer the consequences of his behavior and that he now has to sort out this with his wife is in this world, a rather sweet, but little justice.

Maybe he will return as creative director, but first he has to fix his own life, before he can fix the games and I think you should respect that.
     1 people found this helpful

pesto.'s Avatar Banned
    Did he really use his power as creative director? Or did he use his powers of persuasion and charm to ask people to do stuff with him that some accepted and wanted to do and others rejected and he didn't pursue further?

You should be disturbed by the internet "calling out bad stuff". Especially if you're not crystal clear on exactly what "bad stuff" is. What will happen and where will you stand when the mob is wrong?

Look at history, think long and hard about this, there's a good reason we look down on "might is right", because it rarely is. The mob is controlled by marketing and the media, never forget that the mob that gathers to cheer your coronation is the same mob that cheers your execution. How much of the complete picture do you really think every member of the mob has to determine what the bad stuff is? What sort of morality do you think condemnation by the mob really is itself? Shared responsibility for the stoning? Or is it just wanting no culpability and fear of dissent? Morality doesn't require doublethink.

Case in point to counter your last insinuation. I have not disrespected his need to take a sabbatical and sort out his life if that's the case (I'm not the one hounding him here), but that's not really the narrative here is it?

SofaJockey's Avatar Senior Member
    The guy has stepped down.

I'm not convinced that speculating upon all the dimensions of what might or might not have happened helps very much.

More pertinent is the question of how does the loss of a Creative Director 5 months before launch impact that.

RHYLASS's Avatar Member
    Release?
    It might not be of much consequence for now. But how about future content for Valhalla?

How about Him?
    How about AC?

Originally Posted by RHYLASS Go to original post
    Release?
    It might not be of much consequence for now. But how about future content for Valhalla?

How about Him?
    How about AC?
    Most Parts of the game are finished now so I dont expect that it will effect its state and the release that much, but future content will definitly be different.

He will be off for now but maybe he returns to the series, because his work in the past titles was great, but I dont think we will see him in such a promotional position/Interviews anymore.

Also the next AC after Valhalla is definitely already in development by a different studio because different teams work on the series. If he leaves AC it will effect the series but we shouldn't also not forget that not one guy is responsible for an entire series there also many other people and his team who made these games. But if he leaves AC forever they series will lost an big and creative influence.
     2 people found this helpful

RHYLASS's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by JKAC2013 Go to original post
    Most Parts of the game are finished now so I dont expect that it will effect its state and the release that much, but future content will definitly be different.

He will be off for now but maybe he returns to the series, because his work in the past titles was great, but I dont think we will see him in such a promotional position/Interviews anymore.

Also the next AC after Valhalla is definitely already in development by a different studio because different teams work on the series. If he leaves AC it will effect the series but we shouldn't also not forget that not one guy is responsible for an entire series there also many other people and his team who made these games. But if he leaves AC forever they series will lost an big and creative influence.
    Apparently, running around with your **** in both your hands isn't an option anymore. Noted.

Shouldn't loose his job about the affair

Would like to see him work, learning.

Megas_Doux's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by RHYLASS Go to original post
    Apparently, running around with your **** in both your hands isn't an option anymore. Noted.

Shouldn't loose his job about the affair

Would like to see him work, learning.

So far, based on what is known, there's nothing illegal about his shenanigans, It was just Ashraf being rather despicable to his wife and the women the hit on.You know, I'm probably being naive about this, but I truly believe he stepped down on his own terms to pretty much prevent his life from falling into pieces.

He might return once everything settles down....However, as I read above, with less public prominence.
     2 people found this helpful

RHYLASS's Avatar Member
    Every live matters. Take care of yourself.

Or try to grow up.

S!

cawatrooper9's Avatar AC Forum Moderator
    Hey, just a quick note that regardless of your opinion of these events, we absolutely will not tolerate victim blaming on these forums.

Thanks in advance.
     5 people found this helpful