S7 stuck in campaign, where do I go?

I started playing recently and I'm playing through the campaign and buildings have quit reproducing and I'm kind of at a standstill. I have enough ppl, and resources (as far as I can tell), but I don't know what to do. Is there a menu where I can look to see where something is hung or awaiting resources to continue either advancing or building? Or do I just have to kind of figure it out on my own? For instance, I'm trying to create novices at the church and I have the necessary resources to produce, but they won't create.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Ubi-WheelyDuck's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Originally Posted by xaos21 Go to original post
    I started playing recently and I'm playing through the campaign and buildings have quit reproducing and I'm kind of at a standstill. I have enough ppl, and resources (as far as I can tell), but I don't know what to do. Is there a menu where I can look to see where something is hung or awaiting resources to continue either advancing or building? Or do I just have to kind of figure it out on my own? For instance, I'm trying to create novices at the church and I have the necessary resources to produce, but they won't create.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
    Hi xaos21,

Sorry to hear you are stuck in game. I have asked the game team for advice on this and we will get back to you with a response as soon as possible!

Ubi-Viral's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Hey, xaos21!

The game team reached out to us about this and have advised that you may want to look at online guides to help you progress. If you are still unable to it could be a corrupted save, if this is so you would need to restart the campaign.

It would be worthwhile sending us your system files also so we can try to identify the cause of the corrupted save (hidden crashes, required updates etc).

Once you send the system files please get back to us with your case number and we will look into it further with you.

Thank you.

For instance, in this game, I'm trying to build a farm as you can see where I've hovered the cursor. But this farm sits unbuilt and I can't figure out why.
    Am I short resources (if so, how do I figure out what I'm short?) or do I have too few villagers? Is there a queue that I can look at to see what's sitting in front of building the farm to speed it up?
    I'm sure this is just a gameplay issue on my part that I'm just not understanding, but I don't know how to get past this. See the screenshot for what I'm referring to:

Ubi-Raziel's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Hey xaos21,

This may be what is sometimes known as the "coal bug". I know it affected players in Settlers 3 and 4, however I'm uncertain if it also affected Settlers 7.

Due to a game engine restriction, once too many coal-related buildings are built, settlers start to move slower or come to a standstill. Can you please try removing several coal buildings and see if things start to kick back into shape?

From your description I don't believe you're missing anything, the user interface should be very clear of what is required.

I hope that helps!

thecapn1975's Avatar Junior Member
    I dont have S7 installed to check, but there is an option to see all the buildings you have queued up to be built (it also has 3 other rows displaying the soldiers you have queued up to be trained, another for church monks, etc). Each row follows the order you queued them in, so if it works down the list but will stop and hang there if you are missing one material item to finish the construction. If you cancel the build request or move it further down the list then it will move on to the next item on the list.