Need a new Windows 10 laptop that works with Rocksmith

Hi,

I've got another post running 'Rocksmith not working' where Rocksmith is not working on a new HP Envy laptop with AMD Ryzen 5 that I've bought.

In the event that I can't get it to work and need to change laptops, do you know of any current laptops that do work with Rocksmith with no dramas? I'm not after a full on gaming laptop (although maybe I need to be...) The laptop I got cost around $1,300 AUD and I'd be looking to pay similar (maybe a bit more if needed).

Thanks in advance.

Ubi-Karl's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Hey AshLFC!

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to forums!

We would be unable to advise you specific laptop models that however whatever decision you come up with, make sure that it meets system requirements and you should be all good!

Part of my problem is that I thought I'd done that with a HP Envy haha!

I was hoping there would be some people on here using a new laptop that they find works fine...

Ubi-Viral's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Originally Posted by AshLFC Go to original post
    Part of my problem is that I thought I'd done that with a HP Envy haha!

I was hoping there would be some people on here using a new laptop that they find works fine...
    Hey, AshLFC!

What are the system specs of that laptop? We can then advise if they meet the minimum requirements for you.

Thanks!

rcole_sooner's Avatar Moderator
    Really and "decent" modern laptop should work fine. A gaming laptop would be best, but anything other than a low end laptop should work.

The trick is to get all the bloat ware background processes shutdown.

If it cannot detect your realtone cable, yellow exclamation in device manager, then check your BIOS settings and disable xHCI.

Ubi-Raziel's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Originally Posted by rcole_sooner Go to original post
    Really and "decent" modern laptop should work fine. A gaming laptop would be best, but anything other than a low end laptop should work.

The trick is to get all the bloat ware background processes shutdown.

If it cannot detect your realtone cable, yellow exclamation in device manager, then check your BIOS settings and disable xHCI.
    Thank you for your help!

As explained above, most laptops should be perfectly fine but if it's too low end you can still have issues.

Feel free to list your system specs and we can try to help

Thanks for all the help. I ended up replacing the HP Envy as I couldn't get it working an HP's help was useless compared to here and the Ubisoft Twitter team.

UBI-Froggard's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff EMEA
    Originally Posted by AshLFC Go to original post
    Thanks for all the help. I ended up replacing the HP Envy as I couldn't get it working an HP's help was useless compared to here and the Ubisoft Twitter team.
    Is the replacement working out well?