🛈 Announcement
Greetings! The Rocksmith forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game

New DLC for original Rocksmith on xbox360?

Noobish question here: I have the original RS which I guess was released in 2011 and I'm getting back into it. I am wanting to get a specific song (my toddler is obsessed with it) but when I go into the in game store I am only seeing DLC from as late as 2014 and nothing newer. This song was released in 2018. Is there anything I need to do to get it to work?

Danny-Ramone's Avatar Senior Member
    You will need to buy Rocksmith 2014 - which is the followup to the Original Rocksmith.

But, no new DLC for Rocksmith 2014 is being released, and the expectation/hope is that a new version of Rocksmith is around the corner (nothing definite yet, but we're hoping for more news in a month (or two)).

If it's not urgent, you could wait to see how it develops - you may may be able to purchase the track for the new version.

Then again, Rocksmith 2014 comes with around new 50 on-disc songs (and retails for about £25 in the UK), so that might give you something new to do anyway. You'll need to purchase the import tool (~£9) to get the original on-disc songs into Rocksmith 2014 though.

Also: Rocksmith 2014 is a vast improvement over the original, so well worth it if you're looking to get back into it.

Thank you very much for the help.

Danny-Ramone's Avatar Senior Member
    You're welcome

Mind you - I'm not sure if there are any peculiarities with regard to XBox, and its different incarnations (I play on Steam). As far as I'm aware it should all be compatible if you stay on the same system. DLD should carry over to newer platforms, but the actual software may not - you may have to repurchase it. But, I've never owned a console, so don't take my word for it.