1. #1

    best game in a while

    Ima :be honest I like the game more than I thought i would
    Share this post

  2. #2
    it was the best game of march 2018 with out a doubt beyond that i am no so sure
    Share this post

  3. #3
    Originally Posted by Addwulf Go to original post
    Ima :be honest I like the game more than I thought i would

    Good. Let the game continue to exceed your expectations!


    As usual, it happens the other way round.....









    That's a good Lesson for Far Cry franchise!
    Share this post

  4. #4
    Originally Posted by GameGuru2018 Go to original post
    Good. Let the game continue to exceed your expectations!


    As usual, it happens the other way round.....









    That's a good Lesson for Far Cry franchise!
    Please don't spread misinformation and please apply common sense. Part 2 is clearly getting review bombed. It has more consumer reviews than God of War and it's only been out Friday...
    I'm playing it right now and it's great.
    Share this post

  5. #5
    Originally Posted by AnimusLover Go to original post
    Please don't spread misinformation and please apply common sense. Part 2 is clearly getting review bombed. It has more consumer reviews than God of War and it's only been out Friday...
    I'm playing it right now and it's great.
    Review bombed from both sides....go look at all the 10s it is great, and the zeros it is horrible and know that both sides are trying to influence it. Then look at all the 5s or less that have fully written out reviews, with more detailed reasons and know that while some people like it, some love it, many also hate it with a passion. I personally am glad you are enjoying it, and hope this continues, but don't just wave off the low score simply because you think only "trolls" are trying to hurt sales and it isn't many players who found the game lacking. And NEVER forget that "review bombing" can go both ways, as with the money some of the companies have and people who wish to support an agenda that they perceive is forwarded by something will also come out and post BS reviews with max score to try and help bolster the score.

    I seriously doubt all the negatives are "trolls" just like not all the positives are "trolls"....but from what I have seen on review channels, and clips of streamers, the game isn't all that. It annoys me to see someone just blow off negative reviews as "that's just trolls review bombing" and never thinking that maybe it is but maybe those positive aren't all on the up and up too.
    Share this post

  6. #6
    KrayZee_'s Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    San Francisco, California
    Posts
    1,293
    I don't let baseless review bombs and leaks form my own opinion for me. I avoided leaks and spoilers as best as I could. Every time a film or video game is review bombed, sometimes I read the negative reviews to get a good laugh at nonsense, nitpicky complaints, absurd logic, and most of all realizing that the majority of the reviews either played for less than 1 hour or never even played the game to begin with. I stopped looking at reviews like 10 years ago and I developed a habit by learning how to appreciate things. Even journalists who review games are unreliable. If you played the game yourself, you can tell when certain journalists are not even trying to review a game thoroughly and they publish an article or created a review video just for their next paycheck.

    So far I'm enjoying The Last of Us Part 2 a lot.
    Share this post

  7. #7
    Originally Posted by modmcsupersport Go to original post
    Review bombed from both sides....go look at all the 10s it is great, and the zeros it is horrible and know that both sides are trying to influence it. Then look at all the 5s or less that have fully written out reviews, with more detailed reasons and know that while some people like it, some love it, many also hate it with a passion. I personally am glad you are enjoying it, and hope this continues, but don't just wave off the low score simply because you think only "trolls" are trying to hurt sales and it isn't many players who found the game lacking. And NEVER forget that "review bombing" can go both ways, as with the money some of the companies have and people who wish to support an agenda that they perceive is forwarded by something will also come out and post BS reviews with max score to try and help bolster the score.

    I seriously doubt all the negatives are "trolls" just like not all the positives are "trolls"....but from what I have seen on review channels, and clips of streamers, the game isn't all that. It annoys me to see someone just blow off negative reviews as "that's just trolls review bombing" and never thinking that maybe it is but maybe those positive aren't all on the up and up too.
    Without derailing the thread, I think my opinion on this game is more informed than yours since I've put a hours into the game. Watching the game on a stream and actually playing it are two different things. The game is incredibly atmospheric and sound design is key - something you'd only really feel when you play it.
    My original point is that using user reviews as a point for anything, especially The Last of Us Part 2 is useless because there is no way to verify they actually bought and/or played the game and in this case most of which clearly did not. It is clearly trolls trying to hurt sales and once again failing seeing as the game is breaking records all over the place. The idea that companies pay reviewers on mass is a myth disproven time and time again. If that were true it would have been exposed by now. The only agenda is from the incels who hated this game and were incredibly reactionary without any care for the full picture.
    Share this post

  8. #8
    Originally Posted by AnimusLover Go to original post
    Without derailing the thread, I think my opinion on this game is more informed than yours since I've put a hours into the game. Watching the game on a stream and actually playing it are two different things. The game is incredibly atmospheric and sound design is key - something you'd only really feel when you play it.
    My original point is that using user reviews as a point for anything, especially The Last of Us Part 2 is useless because there is no way to verify they actually bought and/or played the game and in this case most of which clearly did not. It is clearly trolls trying to hurt sales and once again failing seeing as the game is breaking records all over the place. The idea that companies pay reviewers on mass is a myth disproven time and time again. If that were true it would have been exposed by now. The only agenda is from the incels who hated this game and were incredibly reactionary without any care for the full picture.
    I am really happy you are loving the game, because I think it is a crying shame when people spend their hard earned money and hate what they got for it. Not every game is liked by every person, and I am really happy you are able to have fun with The Last of Us 2. I personally think it is either arrogant, or disingenuous to think that almost 60k reviews for a total of 4.1 score is the result of "incels" or "haters with an agenda". Sure some of the bad reviews are most likely just that....but I also bet that some of the 10 ratings are people who either want to fight "haters" or feel they have to support an agenda of their own...doesn't have to be paid for by ND....though you haven't offered any proof of them not doing it, other than no one has come out and said they are doing it.

    Personally, I couldn't give a rats behind either way, as I don't own a PS4, will not own a PS5, and so will never buy or even be tempted to buy the game. I just have a great dislike of how you are basically blowing off thousands of people's negative reviews who HAVE played the game as simply "haters or Incels". Just because you like it doesn't mean they are wrong for not liking it, just means they don't like something you do, and that is fine. Yeah, it will set records, as TLoU was a MAJOR hit, and thus has a HUGE following....the question will be what will the sales and enthusiasm be for TLoU3??? For NaughtyDogs sake, and all their employees, I hope it is all "haters and incels" and they continue to produce hits and make money.....but 59k reviews seems a bit much for a campaign of people who don't care about games....maybe I am wrong....maybe not.

    But Enjoy your game and have fun, since that is what we are supposed to do with games.
    Share this post

  9. #9
    KrayZee_'s Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    San Francisco, California
    Posts
    1,293
    Originally Posted by modmcsupersport Go to original post
    I am really happy you are loving the game, because I think it is a crying shame when people spend their hard earned money and hate what they got for it. Not every game is liked by every person, and I am really happy you are able to have fun with The Last of Us 2. I personally think it is either arrogant, or disingenuous to think that almost 60k reviews for a total of 4.1 score is the result of "incels" or "haters with an agenda". Sure some of the bad reviews are most likely just that....but I also bet that some of the 10 ratings are people who either want to fight "haters" or feel they have to support an agenda of their own...doesn't have to be paid for by ND....though you haven't offered any proof of them not doing it, other than no one has come out and said they are doing it.

    Personally, I couldn't give a rats behind either way, as I don't own a PS4, will not own a PS5, and so will never buy or even be tempted to buy the game. I just have a great dislike of how you are basically blowing off thousands of people's negative reviews who HAVE played the game as simply "haters or Incels". Just because you like it doesn't mean they are wrong for not liking it, just means they don't like something you do, and that is fine. Yeah, it will set records, as TLoU was a MAJOR hit, and thus has a HUGE following....the question will be what will the sales and enthusiasm be for TLoU3??? For NaughtyDogs sake, and all their employees, I hope it is all "haters and incels" and they continue to produce hits and make money.....but 59k reviews seems a bit much for a campaign of people who don't care about games....maybe I am wrong....maybe not.

    But Enjoy your game and have fun, since that is what we are supposed to do with games.
    There's absolutely no way thousands of people can properly review a 30 hour game on release day. As of today, there are 69,000 reviews for The Last of Us Part 2 while there are only from 9,600 to at least 10,000 reviews for the first game in the span of 7 years. Something is clearly wrong here.



    Edit: I finished the game. I am inclined to agree with people's reactions towards the story, but it seems to outweigh the graphics and gameplay to a lot of people. The game is great and so is the gameplay. The story.... I don't know.
    Share this post

  10. #10
    Originally Posted by KrayZee_ Go to original post
    There's absolutely no way thousands of people can properly review a 30 hour game on release day. As of today, there are 69,000 reviews for The Last of Us Part 2 while there are only from 9,600 to at least 10,000 reviews for the first game in the span of 7 years. Something is clearly wrong here.



    Edit: I finished the game. I am inclined to agree with people's reactions towards the story, but it seems to outweigh the graphics and gameplay to a lot of people. The game is great and so is the gameplay. The story.... I don't know.
    yes this was also my thinking on matter i think it is foolish to score game so low based entirely on dislike of games story only story is only one part of game and should not influence over 50% of score so if you give story a zero but enjoy gameplay game is still more deserving of average score than if you dislike both element
    Share this post