toymachinesh's Avatar Senior Member

Opinion: The most controversial Rocksmith moments

Over the years of Rocksmith, there have been some questionable moments when it comes to content offered, here’s a few of the instances that stick out.

https://theriffrepeater.com/opinion-...smith-moments/

Danny-Ramone's Avatar Senior Member
    Most of that pales into insignificance compared to the tone-deaf announcement regarding the future of Rocksmith.

Hey everybody: we've got big news!!! We're stopping DLC, because we're working on something unspecified that may or may not involve guitar!!! Happy lockdown everyone!!!
     2 people found this helpful

Standard for a gaming company, just the timing sucks because we entered a global pandemic

sings_in_tune's Avatar Moderator
    Southern Ontario, ...................... Canada
    Well they had to say something, as we would soon notice that the weekly dlc stopped.

They would probably have preferred to say nothing.
     1 people found this helpful

That might be the case, but what we heard was

I think they could have phrased better

Originally Posted by toymachinesh Go to original post
    Standard for a gaming company, just the timing sucks because we entered a global pandemic
    The ubisoft studio that worked on the division announced they were working on a sequel, well before any official press release or gaming event.

Letting us know a new rocksmith is in the works and creating 3 months of hype is much better than announcing nothing and creating 3 months of uncertainty.

pedietz's Avatar Senior Member
    Googling for your Division easter egg, I came upon the Ubisioft job postings.

There are a few rocksmith job listings listed.

As previously mentioned, I also agree that Ubisoft's end of dlc announcement was pretty bad; they could have definitely handled that better.

Another questionable moment that was not mentioned was Ubisoft's failure to track the bass line in Jimi Hendrix's "Red House" - by denying that it exists.

But the biggest one to me - that the article did mention - was the neutered version of Peter Frampton's song. The developers of software that is supposed to TEACH guitar, literally told it's users to, "figure out the live solo yourself". That one probably sticks in my craw the most.

That bass line doesn't exist because it was played on rhythm guitar by Noel Redding, and that's where it is on Rhythm Guitar which the Hendrix Estate obviously kept that way for accuracy

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Ho...ong)#Recording

O M G the Controversy! Also a Prince song.