Stuttering Enemies and Teammates (with high FPS)

Hello guys,

Ever since The recent hotfix to fix the clash bug every game I have a bit of a weird problem with R6. Every other person in the game will stutter, or lag, when they move. This happens on every map across all gamemmodes, and while I have stable 100+ FPS, a ping around 10-30 ms and no symbols for connection problems blinking. It's nearly impossible for me playing the game like that. It's significantly harder to hit enemies, and on top of that, it's not really fun to play while every other person in the game just stutters around the map. To clarify: I can move/shoot smoothly myself, it's just everybody else (and their drones) that stutters - even though they aren't on their screens, I tried it with friends.

Does anybody else here know the problem and (that would be great) maybe knows how to fix this? Here's what I tried (and didn't work).

Restarting Game, PC and Router

Turning off my firewall

Shutting down every program except R6 and Uplay

Verifying Game Files via Uplay

Starting Uplay and R6 as admin

Setting graphics to minimum (even though I already had stable 60 FPS)

Setting R6's priority to "High" in the Task Manager

Uninstalling and reinstalling the game

So far, nothing has helped even remotely. Does anybody know anything I could try, or should I just wait or next season and hope the patch fixes it?

Here is footage of the issue: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dO2eNLrBHEU
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7uQBQoAoMQ
     1 people found this helpful

Ubi-Swaggins's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Hey BassBalloon,

Sorry to hear you have encountered trouble with performance.

As you appear to have gone over the basics, can you please upload your MSinfo and DXDiag to our support website, so we can take a closer look?

Hey Guys,
    I'm facing the same issue. I found out that this happens only when I'm connected to a 5ghz wi-fi band. I have a dual-band modem so it does not stutter when I'm connected to the 2.4ghz band.
    This has been happening in all Ubisoft games and not just rainbow six.

Ubi-Raziel's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Originally Posted by Worldwidehawk Go to original post
    Hey Guys,
    I'm facing the same issue. I found out that this happens only when I'm connected to a 5ghz wi-fi band. I have a dual-band modem so it does not stutter when I'm connected to the 2.4ghz band.
    This has been happening in all Ubisoft games and not just rainbow six.
    Hey, thanks for getting in touch!

One of the most common differences between those 2 wireless bands are their speed and range. 5Ghz is capable of being faster however it does not travel as far as 2.4Ghz.

With that in mind, are you perhaps quite far away from your router and it is struggling to get a stable connection with 5Ghz?

Try double checking your connection stability, as well as your internet speed if you experience any issues.

I hope that helps

Im having the same Issue. I also tried the same fixes but nothing worked. Is there a know solution to this problem?

Originally Posted by The_Sauce. Go to original post
    Im having the same Issue. I also tried the same fixes but nothing worked. Is there a know solution to this problem?
    Hello! This does not appear to be a bug, so we should be able to resolve it with some troubleshooting.

- Can you please list your PC specifications?
    - What ping / latency do you and your teammates appear to have?
    - Are you connected by Ethernet or WiFi?
    - What is your current speed? Try checking with a service such as speedtest.net
    - Do you face this issue in every match,or only some?

Thank you! We may need to keep asking more questions, so we can narrow it down further

lag

when i play i get around 180 fps with around 40 ping but every player and drones look like their are lagging/rubber banding. its as if my game runs at 180 fps but the players are moving around at 20 fps. i dont know if you get what i mean but its really annoying as when i try to play there have been situations where i cant see the other player because it looks like they are lagging.
     2 people found this helpful

sounds like a hard disc problem.

i have my game saved on an ssd which i recently bought tho :/

check smart in the disc, and ram, to be sure it is not a hardware fault. I've had a similar situation with such weird "lag" a half year ago and it was a dying disc fault.

Hey,

I'm having the same issue and have had it a few times previous (only fix I know is just waiting until it magically stops) so I figured I'd drop some info about my issue.

- GTX 1080TI, I7 7700 cpu, 32gb RAM, 1tb ssd and 4tb hdd (a copy of siege is installed on both and they both have the issue),
    - typically about 20-30 for myself however with this it seems to be about 50-60 range
    - ethernet connection
    - 20mb/s down, 30mb/s up (internet around the area recently has gone to hell)
    - It is an issue in any online mode, only things not affected are local custom and solo thunt in my experience

Hope it helps

Hello again,

I was able to find 2 of your threads relating to the same issue, so I have merged you together. I also deleted my post above, as it is no longer relevant.

Considering this now appears to affect multiple players, I don't believe it is a hard drive issue.

If anyone is able to, please try the following -

- Sign in to a friend or family member's Ubisoft account on your PC, and see if the issue occurs
    - Sign in to your Ubisoft account on a friend or family member's PC, and see if the issue occurs

I understand not everyone will be able to try this, and you may not know someone who owns Rainbow Six Siege, but hopefully someone can. The logic behind these steps is to determine if this is a profile issue, or if it's something local to the PC itself.

Please also note what your current internet speed is like Muhcreedy.LLL has above, just in case that's related.

Thank you for your time!

Will do, I already tried a second account to no avail. I'll get someone else to try it but I doubt it's an account issue, no harm in trying tho

Originally Posted by Muhcreedy.LLL Go to original post
    Will do, I already tried a second account to no avail. I'll get someone else to try it but I doubt it's an account issue, no harm in trying tho
    Thank you for getting back to me.

This behaviour doesn't really reflect an account issue, but it's best to check. It is not an issue that affects every player however, so we'll then need to check what seems to be mutual.

Thanks for trying this!

Yeah doesn't seem to happen either way

so, if You are sure it is not a hardware fault, the next step should guide us to check, the connection, in case You are using WiFi, there can be interference from a Bluetooth device or other routers on the same frequency as yours. You can try logging in to the router and changing the channel/ frequency, or try to connect with an ethernet cable. if You are using an ethernet cable, get another one to check is it not damaged. It can be also an antivirus issue if it is doing a dpi/spi on the data and slowing it down. These are the first things I would check. (ofc after drivers refresh and excluding hardware and software conflicts by using proper soft) if everything is done with no result, the issue is on the ubi side.

ofc packets loss is also important, and as software to check I understand windows device manager and software to check handles or DLLs like "process hacker" r similar software. Wireshark is good also to check network traffic

For someone who got a prebuilt pc because I'm not too comfortable doing the technical stuff how would I go about that?

Although I must add it started after a internet outage and now when I go into games to check I'm on about 60 ping or so, but it started a day or two after the internet cut

hmm, it can be time-consuming to explain everything step by step, but when You said, it was started after the network was down, I recommend trying that simple step-
    https://support.ubisoft.com/en-GB/Article/000061010

I'll give it a go, worst thing that can happen is I just optimise stuff anyway

Didn't work however I've noticed my cpu usage is incredibly high, about 80% average when this is happening

I'll try a reinstall just incase and also if I can switch from eu central to west (I'm UK and not sure why I'm on central anyway)

Update: the waiting for it to fix worked, my internet had a wobbly and went down last night and now it's back to normal

The same issue

I get the same issue too.

To let you know I have an
    AMD radeon 5700 XT
    Amd 3600X
    Corsair mp510 Force series
    X570 gaming plus motherboard
    2 T.B. Barracuda hard disc
    and a 500 mb corsair SSD

ping between 9-30

Ubi-TheBerry's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Originally Posted by Jelly_Bean37 Go to original post
    I get the same issue too.

To let you know I have an
    AMD radeon 5700 XT
    Amd 3600X
    Corsair mp510 Force series
    X570 gaming plus motherboard
    2 T.B. Barracuda hard disc
    and a 500 mb corsair SSD

ping between 9-30
    Hello Jelly_Bean37,

Welcome to the Forums, I'm sorry to see you're encountering performance issues.

Thank you Muhcreedy.LLL for posting an update that you're now back up and running!

Jelly_Bean37, as noted above, high usage has looked like a factor.

Have you been able to monitor your GPU / CPU usage during these stutters and if so, is it particularly high?

Thank you!

Hey,

I'm having the same issue where enemies and allies are stuttering but my performance is smooth.

AMD Ryzen 5 1500x
    16gb
    R9 290X

I have a stable 100FPS, 40 ping but low CPU usage. I've never had this problem before!

Ubi-TheBerry's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Originally Posted by EatPsYNtAnimals Go to original post
    Hey,

I'm having the same issue where enemies and allies are stuttering but my performance is smooth.

AMD Ryzen 5 1500x
    16gb
    R9 290X

I have a stable 100FPS, 40 ping but low CPU usage. I've never had this problem before!
    Hey EatPsYNtAnimals,

Welcome to the Forums, sorry to hear you're also encountering issues!

Could you please try verifying the game's files and running a clean boot?

Just to ensure no bad files or conflicting programs are causing any trouble!

Let us know if there are any changes!