🛈 Announcement
Greetings! The Division forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game

The PVP community has spoken and here is every suggestion they've made based on PTS 3

GEAR SETS

Foundry Bulwark - Set should not heal players when their shield is shot. The 4 piece bonus is only applied when they have thier shield out and their character is shot. This means that if they have their shield on cooldown, they must wait in order for the 4 piece bonus to activate once again.

Rework: Player is shot and a mark is shown in the HUD, when the mark is full, the player can activate their bulwark shield to heal from the mark. Example, I am being shot by three players, I can clearly see I am at maximum marks in my HUD, so I put out my shield and my 4 piece bonus begins to heal me overtime. Once my mark is back to 0, I can take my shield off and regain those marks. I can also take my shield off mid fight, pausing and regaining my marks when taking damage.

True Patriot - White mark healing should be reverted under the condition that you cannot heal or apply marks with the pestilence plague. This should give TP players a chance to have some healing with the set, keeping up with the current META and not being overpowered.

Striker - Striker should give 2 stacks per shot and no stacks lost when using the backpack. Striker, even when at max stacks is deemed weak against a high-end build. This should make it a little more enjoyable for those who want to play striker and not other sets. The maximum stacks however should be changed from 100 to 80.

SKILLS

Bleed Hive The bleedhive drone speed is too fast. As the hive now gives players double the damage based on each skill tier, the drone speed should be reduced by 30%. This will give lower armour players a chance to get out of the hive but still take high damage from the bleed.

Firestarter The firestarter is known as the most toxic weapon in PVP.. But let's put that all aside and work on making it balanced!

Option 1: The firestarter only applies fire to the targetted area (like the molotov). Rather than giving it both initial "explosive or skill damage" it should only apply fire. As the ammo capacity is rather high, this will make it a lot more balanced and can be used to control fights rather than end them in one shot.

Option 2: The firestarter "initial explosive damage" is reduced by 50% and burn duration reduced by 30%.

Option 3 Exotic damage resilience replaces both explosive resistance and hazard protection. This also applies to "skill damage". What this would mean is than the current "hazard protection" on your gear will be EDR instead (something done really well on Division 1). Protecting you from explosives and reducing the duration of status effects. This would mean that players can actually excuse the use of only damage attributes and in stead focus on making their gear a little bit tanky. This of-course will affect your damage output but will allow you to protect yourself from skill spam. This is the recommended option.

HIVES IN GENERAL

Hives should not be destroyed by the EMP. They should be temporarily disabled based on the skill tier of the user with the EMP.

WEAPONS

Liberty Pistol: The liberty pistol is currently too strong. Reports of 1.4 million headshot damage are frightening. The pistol gives too many bonuses with far too much of a headshot multiplier. The headshot multiplier needs to be reduced drastically and the base damage further by 20%. The talents also need to be looked at i.e. healing your shield should be removed.
     4 people found this helpful

The problem of foundry set is actually not all on 4 piece talent. The extremely "generous" 3 piece bonus(3% armor regeneration) is what eventually keeps healing the user back to full and negating all damage. Honestly, to this point it's better just restrict these new gear sets to PvE only, just like on-going directives..

Clearly not everyone agree with rest of the list though, such as hive and TP. If you can't destroy hive with EMP, that will only makes future initiatives exploit even worse. And if TP works as before in TU10, it's just as broken as Foundry Bulwark...

Generally, everything mentioned above just don't go well with the goal of nerfing every damage and increasing TTK. You simply over do it by increasing self-HP regain on top of that. And it will bring back the extremely tedious chicken dance circus again...

Originally Posted by ashered Go to original post
    The problem of foundry set is actually not all on 4 piece talent. The extremely "generous" 3 piece bonus(3% armor regeneration) is what eventually keeps healing the user back to full and negating all damage. Honestly, to this point it's better just restrict these new gear sets to PvE only, just like on-going directives..

Clearly not everyone agree with rest of the list though, such as hive and TP. If you can't destroy hive with EMP, that will only makes future initiatives exploit even worse. And if TP works as before in TU10, it's just as broken as Foundry Bulwark...

Generally, everything mentioned above just don't go well with the goal of nerfing every damage and increasing TTK. You simply over do it by increasing self-HP regain on top of that. And it will bring back the extremely tedious chicken dance circus again...
    TP was really op by then because of pestilence thicks, they were taking as weapon hits but not anymore so what he's saying makes sense for me.

and yea u right, the 3% armor regen might be the problem, they said they nerfed the gearset talents by 50% in pvp maybe if they nerf it to 80% would be better
     1 people found this helpful

Your information regarding the Stinger Bleed Hive is inaccurate. It doesn't gain double the damage based on each skill tier. It gained an additional 20% damage on tiers 0 and now scales up by an additional 65% on tier 6 all of that is before the PvP modifier is applied which currently sits at roughly 85%, and with regard to bleed damage it receives a 75% nerf as well. With regard to charge speed a player can pass from one side of the perimeter to the other and get hit only once. You'll find video evidence of that in another thread. In addition a tier 0 Jammer Pulse will still destroy the hive completely.