🛈 Announcement
Greetings! The Division forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game

PTS Phase 3: Pistols/Shields/Shotguns/Melee DMG

Hello there my name is DOLOR and this is my last try contributing feedback to the PTS, since i feel like all of us are getting ignored, also keep in mind that english is not my main language.

To start i have to say that this thread ONLY and ONLY applies for PvP (saying that we can get rid of PvE white knights)

Pistols/Shields: in the current live server pistols are out of control, some proof here: https://clips.twitch.tv/GlutenFreeSmallLEDTheTarFu

They nerfed the pistols for 10% of the base dmg, same thing they did with the M1A at the firsts nerfs, that didn't do ANYTHING.

The main problem of pistols is that the DMG is really high but what makes it REALLY over powered is using them behind a shield, this makes the player really lethal.
    A player with all blues should NOT be able to 3 tap you, they should have troubles killing you specially behind a shield, and this is what DEVs are ignoring
    The only counter plays to the shield, other than skill power, is Jammer Pulse which disables it for 5 seconds( wich most of the time fails for some reason) and in those 5 seconds it will regenerate health.

Another problem is that bulwark shield can be used with Vigilance talent wich gives you 25% of TOTAL weapon dmg even if you shoot the shield the user still keeps the buff dealing tons of dmg.

Possible fixes:

- Reduce the amount of hp the shields have and its regen in the same way weapon dmg got a PvP nerf = 20%.
    - Reduce the amount of damage a player can do under the Bulwark shield protection by 20-35% so the pistol doesn't hit as hard.
    - Make Jammer Pulse always break shield for at least 0.5-1 sec, even on 100% haz prot.

Vanguard Talent:

Vanguard talent is also Overtuned specially with the current TTK

For those who dont know Vanguard talent:
    Deploying a shield makes it invulnerable for 5s and grants 45% of your armor as bonus armor to all other allies for 20s.
    Cooldown: 25s
    Perfect Vanguard: 50% bonus armor to allies

Possible fix:

-Reduce the amout time of immunity given by the talent to 3 seconds and Increase the cooldown to 35 secs

Shotguns:

The best weapon since you can spec into full blues having 1.9 mil armor and still 2-3 tap people.
    First of all, i know that shotguns should be lethal at close range, thats how it's suppose to be, however the only way to get to this should be ONLY by having reds in your build
    They nerfed shotguns by 15% and I say again; this is nothing.

Possible fix:

Nerf Shotguns by another 15-25%.

Melee DMG:

Okay, i get it, Lady death grip looks cool and u wanted to make it realistic i like it.
    But you forgot that Claws Out named holster gives you another 500% melee dmg, making it a 1000% melee dmg combined you hit up to 1million in PvP

Now imagine this with a full blue build and still hitting for that much.

Possible fix:

-A PvP modifier

Fire starter Chem launcher

You did nerf it by 20% i know, that's a good sign u did notice that it's overtuned.

But 20% is not enough, you can still 1 hit players with the Artificer hive buff, hitting up to 1,5million and dont forget about the fire ticks wich are 60k average.

Now, lets take a look of what Artificer hive does:
    The Artificer Hive shoots out fast-acting micro-drones to deployed skills (including other Hives), repairing them, temporarily boosting their performance/damage, and extending their duration.
    Clearly the articifier hive dmg does not have a PvP modifier and thats the main problem.

Possible fix:
    -Nerf Firestarter by another 10-25% and remove/modify Artificier Hive damage (and ONLY dmg) buff

Negotiators Dilema

You did a great job, thanks FINALLY after months of frustration.
    But you havent finish yet, back pack talent is still giving 100% dmg transmited in PvP and that's not good since you still have 15m wich is a high range
    that doesnt change anything at all.

Possible and definitive fix:

-Nerf 100% dmg transmited to 40-50%.

Stinger Hive

I love skill builds dont get confused, but doing 400k with a hive each hit is not the way to go.

You said that u want people to get out of the stinger range ok cool, but that takes time and stinger hive hits too fast and with the bleed status you cant run, so atleast you would be getting hit 2 to 3 times before you leave the hive range wich is half or more of your health.

Possible fixes:

-Reduce the speed of the stingers.
    -Reduce the Damage by another 15-20%

Thanks for reading.
     10 people found this helpful

These are pretty much all great suggestions. I think we were messing around in the DZ yesterday with the shotty's laughing at how OP that **** was.

The only thing I disagree with is the breaking shield with 100% haz pro. The only way this should happen is if the person using the jammer is higher than Skill Tier 1. The amount of Haz Pro you need to have for immunity should scale incrementally with the Jammer users skill tier. For example, here are some hypothetical numbers: Haz Pro 10% resists Skill Tier 1 pulse, Haz Pro 20% resists Skill Tier 2 pulse and so on. Obviously those numbers aren't what it would be in game but purely for explanation.

Also with skills if I throw out a 6 Skill Tier stinger hive, there is no way in hell that anything else other than a 6 skill tier jammer should destroy it. That goes for all skills. I do believe they said they were looking into that but didn't have time to implement it for TU10 though.

I think this would bring better build synergy because you could run a 6 ST player to counter shields that is the dedicated jammer guy, or a healer/jammer hybrid. Or a damage/jammer hybrid.
     1 people found this helpful

Great stuff, but you know it, i know and everybody else know it, what is gonna happen with it.
     5 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by R1_Stealth Go to original post
    Great stuff, but you know it, i know and everybody else know it, what is gonna happen with it.
    I know what's gonna happen yes, like i said that was my last try.
     3 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by AJ5L1CK Go to original post
    These are pretty much all great suggestions. I think we were messing around in the DZ yesterday with the shotty's laughing at how OP that **** was.

The only thing I disagree with is the breaking shield with 100% haz pro. The only way this should happen is if the person using the jammer is higher than Skill Tier 1. The amount of Haz Pro you need to have for immunity should scale incrementally with the Jammer users skill tier. For example, here are some hypothetical numbers: Haz Pro 10% resists Skill Tier 1 pulse, Haz Pro 20% resists Skill Tier 2 pulse and so on. Obviously those numbers aren't what it would be in game but purely for explanation.

Also with skills if I throw out a 6 Skill Tier stinger hive, there is no way in hell that anything else other than a 6 skill tier jammer should destroy it. That goes for all skills. I do believe they said they were looking into that but didn't have time to implement it for TU10 though.

I think this would bring better build synergy because you could run a 6 ST player to counter shields that is the dedicated jammer guy, or a healer/jammer hybrid. Or a damage/jammer hybrid.
    well yea, that would make everybody run atleast 1 cc guy in the team wich gives pvp diversity but before that they have to fix firestarter and stinger hive.

Excellent post! The devs should really take note from players who actually PVP.

Great suggestions xD

Edited vigilance with shields and pistols.

Updated Vanguard talent with a video.

Originally Posted by Ranga1001 Go to original post
    lol you do know the site doesn't keep the log correctly if you stop playing for a while it gets reset. Also, good for you, picking on PvE kiddo with a cookie cutter build. At one point when we were doing the cafeteria in DZ west you were running imperial. Then skill build then your trash build. Keep going rouge for some stupid reason.

1200 kills means jack **** as you can see in the video.
    I have stopped for 7 months (moved on to Breakpoint) , i still have all the stats.