Buzzing Insect Like Noise In Messara; Pephka

When I am on the S-E corner of the map I hear a constant buzzing noise. The noise gets louder while in a city and during the day. The sound falls under Sound FX Volume (turning it to 0 stops it). Please help me, this is driving me crazy!

specs

I play on pc. My audio driver is Realtek R Audio and I am using wired headphones

Did the problem just start recently?

The recent Windows Update is breaking the sound and also games for a lot of people. Also the March update caused audio problems with a lot of people

https://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonk.../#2ce9f2d77671

thx for responding

I have bought the game 3 weeks ago and experienced the sound problem first like a week and a half ago when I reached the bottom right corner of the map. What should I do to rule out the possibility that this is a windows update problem?

Ubi-Spud's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Hey there!

Verifying your game files may resolve this (if it isn't a Windows Update issue):

1. In Uplay, click on Games tab at the top of the window
    2. On the next screen, hover over the game tile. This will make a little arrow appear at the bottom right of the tile
    3. Click on this arrow to make a drop-down menu appear, then click on Verify files

Perform a clean boot after this, and test the game. Let us know if the noise is still there.

Originally Posted by The_ScatmanJohn Go to original post
    I have bought the game 3 weeks ago and experienced the sound problem first like a week and a half ago when I reached the bottom right corner of the map. What should I do to rule out the possibility that this is a windows update problem?
    First thing you should do is verify your files in the Uplay app and make sure one of the sound data files didn't get corrupted when you downloaded the game. Then try the game and if it's still a problem then try the next part

Go into the Control Panel then Programs and Features ... In the upper left look for a link that says something like "Show Windows Updates" ... Then look for the update KB4556799 and uninstall it, reboot and try the game. You may also want to go into Windows Updates and pause it for 7 or more days so it doesn't try to re-install it

Microsoft needs to go back to using real people on a variety of real machines to check for bugs in their updates instead of this broken automated Virtual Machine nonsense that just doesn't work for anything other than the obvious bugs .... This has been a problem for almost 2 years and it's getting worse instead of better

New followup on Microsoft KB4556799 update problems ..... And it only took 2 weeks for the knuckleheads at Microsoft to admit there might be a problem

Microsoft Confirms New Windows 10 Update Warning

While Microsoft has promised to make big changes to Windows 10, problems with the operating system continue to mount up. And now Microsoft has confirmed a further warning for an already deeply troubled update.

The problem, once again, is KB4556799, a recent Windows 10 update pushed to millions of PCs which has already caused numerous issues, including Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) crashes, deleted user data, performance issues, broken audio and more. Microsoft is investigating these problems, but the company has now also confirmed on the official KB4556799 update page that it can break Internet connections as well.

If you don’t use a 4G LTE modem, you should still steer well clear of KB4556799. The update has already been described as “wrecking PCs” and, in addition to all the problems listed above, you can also add in reports of impacted gaming performance (déjà vu) and broken web browsing (ditto).

Consequently, if your PC is acting strangely, I’d strongly suggest you look for KB4556799 and try to remove it by following these steps:

In Windows Desktop Search type ‘update history’ then click ‘View your Update history’
    Select ‘Uninstall Updates’
    On the Installed Updates dialog window, find and select KB4556799, click the Uninstall button
    Restart
    Unfortunately, this has not worked for all users because the update can also break settings menus. But, if this does work, then I would also strongly suggest you install the Windows Update troubleshooter and proactively block KB4556799 to stop it from coming back.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonk.../#42c32e925aff
     1 people found this helpful

Ubi-Swaggins's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Thanks for sharing longjohn119.

tried both uninstalling the update and checking game files. I can still hear the buzzing noise. I am sure that it is ambient sound that is gettind distorted since it changes based on where I am

Ubi-Swaggins's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Hey The_ScatmanJohn,

Thanks for getting back to us

Are you able to provide a video of this?
     1 people found this helpful