Does anyone know if there will be an Official Guide book for Valhalla?

Prima did Odyssey, but they aren't doing guide books anymore. Was just wondering if there were plans for one for Valhalla, and if so, when it might be available for purchase?

Yes....it's called google and youtube and wiki and so on.

Originally Posted by binskies Go to original post
    Prima did Odyssey, but they aren't doing guide books anymore. Was just wondering if there were plans for one for Valhalla, and if so, when it might be available for purchase?
    I hope so. I used a guide for Odyssey to follow the correct dialog options for the ending I wanted.

Some of the options were not obvious choices and without the guide I would have certainly not have gotten the ending I wanted. Also there was no online guide that I could find that had a walkthrough on dialog options. Maybe by now, but when trying to find one for other players I couldn't find anything.

Prima went out of business and they bought Brady Games so both guide companies no longer exist. Thus no Guides, at least physical ones. There are plenty of websites both from guides created from players and others from places like IGN.

Originally Posted by Moultonborough Go to original post
    Prima went out of business and they bought Brady Games so both guide companies no longer exist. Thus no Guides, at least physical ones. There are plenty of websites both from guides created from players and others from places like IGN.
    To be fair I used to love their guides some 15 years ago but over the years it felt like their quality was decreasing...at least in how disorganized their menus felt...it was just getting harder and more frustrating to try to find anything in their guides and the internet started to provide far better and easier to use alternatives.
     1 people found this helpful

SofaJockey's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Darth Trethon Go to original post
    Yes....it's called google and youtube and wiki and so on.
    This is the answer.

Physical guide books are dead (a bit like physical game discs will be at some point).

And as others have sensibly observed, the game guides were increasingly incomplete and diminishing in quality.

the world is now virtual.

UbiCosmos's Avatar Community Representative
    Hello binskies,

I haven't seen anything about a guide, but there will be an official art book releasing for Valhalla!

I am aware that you can find information on the internet. I, personally, like having the books. I bought the hard cover collector's book of Odyssey because I like having them. It also came with a really nice map of the Odyssey world. I was hoping there would be one for this game.

Originally Posted by binskies Go to original post
    I am aware that you can find information on the internet. I, personally, like having the books. I bought the hard cover collector's book of Odyssey because I like having them. It also came with a really nice map of the Odyssey world. I was hoping there would be one for this game.
    I agree. I also like having a physical copy. The hard cover Odyssey is a really nice book to own.

I think there is room for someone to make money here.

They could market it with maybe some armor or weapons that are exclusive to guide owners.

I've bought similar guides to other games that used that strategy to sell and i think it worked.

I would like to ask something out of curiosity. Everyone is free to play any game as they see fit of course but I always wondered - dont these books spoil games in a way? They remove all sense of adventure, discovery and surprise by telling you everything and anything.

I have never bought one but I recall seeing those Prima books at the games stores. Some of them were thick, as I leafed through one I was thinking to myself - "It tells you everything!"