🛈 Announcement
Greetings! Ghost-Recon forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game.
  1. #1

    Very Low FPS & No GPU Utilisation

    CURRENT SPECS;
    -Sapphire Pulse RX 580 8GB
    -Ryzen 5 2600 (OC @ 4.00GHz
    -Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4 3200 MHz
    -ASRock Pro4 B450 motherboard
    -Corsair CX750 PSU.

    When the game first came out I played the game using an R9 390 & an AMD FX8350 and ran it quite easily on high at 50-60 fps.
    Since upgrading my rig as above I've decided to play some old games I have and tried to play GRWildlands again. Unfortunately when I boot the game even the dev screens at the start are running at 10 fps and this does not improve no matter what I do to the settings. (have tried setting priority to high, running as admin, deactivating my controller) nothing seems to help and I can't find any definitive answers anywhere.

    I ran the benchmark and noticed my CPU running at 30% Utilisation and my GPU running at 0-1% throughout. Temps are below average for my current rig. GPU when gamiing 60-65C and CPU when gaming is 60-68C

    If anybody has any ideas or needs any more information please let me know!

    Any help would be greatly appreciated!

    Kind regards,
    JustHaggis
    Share this post

  2. #2
    Ubi-Karl's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    3,901
    Hey JustHaggis,

    Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome to forums!

    After having a closer look at the provided specs, it does look like you meet the recommended system requirements, so everything looks fine in that particular department.

    Do you possibly happen to use multiple monitors by any chance? Also, does GPU utilisation change when you play other games or does it stay low? It does seem unusual to have such a low GPU utilization.

    As for the workaround, here are a few things to consider:

    - Shadow Quality is one of the first settings that should be turned down to increase performance. The Very High setting is quite taxing on performance;
    - Subsurface Scattering can also be disabled to gain some GPU performance without a very big impact on visual quality;
    - Level of Detail and Draw Distance are two settings that can increase performance as well, with tangible results between Very High and High;
    - Long Range Shadows on their Very High value are also a lot more demanding than the regular (ON) setting;
    - Terrain Quality does affect performance but mostly on GPUs that are weaker when it comes to tessellation (older AMD models);
    - Very High Texture Quality should only be used on GPUs with more than 4GB of VRAM;

    Also note that some additional features that are not included in any quality preset but can be manually enabled are also taxing on performance. These are:
    - Ambient Occlusion: HBAO+;
    - Godrays: Enhanced (this one is very demanding);

    For systems suffering from performance issues we can also suggest tweaking the Resolution Scaling option in the VIDEO options page. A value of 0.8 paired with a higher Sharpening (40 - 50% to compensate for some of the visual fidelity lost) can yield a considerable performance increase.

    It would be worth mentioning that even though 60 FPS is achievable by tweaking the High profile on recommended hardware, the Very High profile is very demanding on current hardware (even at 1080p) and sacrifices performance even on top hardware to add details and fidelity. It would thus be worth reiterating that the recommended system configuration is tested at 1920x1080 resolution and High preset.

    Increasing resolution above 1080p automatically means lowering the visual settings to keep within the performance parameters. 2560x1440 resolution which was used by some of the users complaining about resolution renders about 80% more pixels per frame than 1080p.
    Share this post

  3. #3

    Thanks for the reply

    Hi Ubi-Karl

    No I only have the one monitor, it's a freesync ACER 144hz monitor if that's worth noting. I'm also playing at 1080p
    Quite often in other games (I tested Breakpoint as well) I reach 99-100% GPU utilisation (if the game and settings are demanding enough) so really not sure why Wildlands doesn't want to use my GPU. Also it'd be worth noting I only have one graphics card/display driver, I don't carry on board graphics as far as I'm aware.

    Before I posted on the forum I had changed every setting multiple times to see if it would improve at all, from lowest to very high it still only used 0-1% of my GPU and frames never climbed above 15. Though as you've requested I try it I have gone back and tried all you have advised, including scaling res to .80 & increasing sharpness however these did not solve my issue either.

    I have also used the verify tool, which found no errors and cleanly installed the game again, alas both of these came to nothing.

    This is a real head scratcher for me.. any further advice you could provide would be greatly appreciated! I want to get back on the game and see how it's changed over the years since release! :-(

    Kind regards,
    JustHaggis
    Share this post

  4. #4
    Ubi-Raziel's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    4,533
    Originally Posted by JustHaggis Go to original post
    Hi Ubi-Karl

    No I only have the one monitor, it's a freesync ACER 144hz monitor if that's worth noting. I'm also playing at 1080p
    Quite often in other games (I tested Breakpoint as well) I reach 99-100% GPU utilisation (if the game and settings are demanding enough) so really not sure why Wildlands doesn't want to use my GPU. Also it'd be worth noting I only have one graphics card/display driver, I don't carry on board graphics as far as I'm aware.

    Before I posted on the forum I had changed every setting multiple times to see if it would improve at all, from lowest to very high it still only used 0-1% of my GPU and frames never climbed above 15. Though as you've requested I try it I have gone back and tried all you have advised, including scaling res to .80 & increasing sharpness however these did not solve my issue either.

    I have also used the verify tool, which found no errors and cleanly installed the game again, alas both of these came to nothing.

    This is a real head scratcher for me.. any further advice you could provide would be greatly appreciated! I want to get back on the game and see how it's changed over the years since release! :-(

    Kind regards,
    JustHaggis
    Thanks for getting back to us, I hope you are well.

    Judging from the specifications listed above, it certainly seems as though you only have one GPU and no integrated graphics, so this behaviour is very unusual. My first thought was that it was using your integrated graphics rather than dedicated GPU.

    I believe it is best for us to review your system files, to check for any other display devices or complications.

    Please add the following files to a support case. All instructions are in the support articles -

    - MsInfo: https://support.ubisoft.com/en-GB/faqs/21216/
    - DxDiag: https://support.ubisoft.com/en-GB/faqs/21185/

    - Images showing your currently selected in-game video settings

    Feel free to then add the case number here afterwards, so we can review the files for you!
    Share this post

  5. #5
    mine is being throttled as well and looks like its vsync/display related, at a refresh of 50hz gpu is running at 55-60% and this scales upward to 83% at 144hz, fps on very high 65ish on high and 60/63 on ultra. it looks likie performance on my 6600xt maybe the fps is being over-optomizing for online sync with other players ?
    Share this post

  6. #6
    UBI-Froggard's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff EMEA
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,487
    Originally Posted by wheelsmith2000 Go to original post
    mine is being throttled as well and looks like its vsync/display related, at a refresh of 50hz gpu is running at 55-60% and this scales upward to 83% at 144hz, fps on very high 65ish on high and 60/63 on ultra. it looks likie performance on my 6600xt maybe the fps is being over-optomizing for online sync with other players ?
    Hey,

    Sorry to hear this. Please could you create a new thread if you need assistance with this and avoid bumping older threads. Thanks!
    Share this post

  7. #7
    Originally Posted by JustHaggis Go to original post
    CURRENT SPECS;
    -Sapphire Pulse RX 580 8GB
    -Ryzen 5 2600 (OC @ 4.00GHz
    -Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4 3200 MHz
    -ASRock Pro4 B450 motherboard
    -Corsair CX750 PSU.

    When the game first came out I played the game using an R9 390 & an AMD FX8350 and ran it quite easily on high at 50-60 fps.
    Since upgrading my rig as above I've decided to play some old games I have and tried to play GRWildlands again. Unfortunately when I boot the game even the dev screens at the start are running at 10 fps and this does not improve no matter what I do to the settings. (have tried setting priority to high, running as admin, deactivating my controller) nothing seems to help and I can't find any definitive answers anywhere.

    I ran the benchmark and noticed my CPU running at 30% Utilisation and my GPU running at 0-1% throughout. Temps are below average for my current rig. GPU when gamiing 60-65C and CPU when gaming is 60-68C

    If anybody has any ideas or needs any more information please let me know!

    Any help would be greatly appreciated!

    Kind regards,
    JustHaggis
    Did you got answer or any solution, As i am also stuck same problem and don't even know about technical names too lol.
    Share this post

  8. #8
    UBI-Froggard's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff EMEA
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,487
    Originally Posted by halenandrisons Go to original post
    Did you got answer or any solution, As i am also stuck same problem and don't even know about technical names too lol.
    Hey,

    Sorry to hear about your issue with the performance of the game on your system too.

    First of all, we would suggest to try the steps found here but for issues like this we really need to be able to look at your system files to help see what may be causing it.

    Another good thing to try is to close Ubisoft Connect, go to your cache folder in your Ubisoft Connect directory and rename your cache folder to something like "cachebackup". Then see if you still have an issue.

    If you have done those steps, please could you submit them through a support ticket or contact us through live chat on the same link.

    You can also private message us on Twitter or Facebook if you prefer, and we can link that chat into a support ticket.

    You can find instructions on how to create the files and attach them to your ticket at the links below:

    DX Diag

    MSINFO
    Share this post