Error: Unable to retrive Z position for the starting location

Hi,
    Could anybody help.
    I managed to make first story.
    At the end I change position for the starting location and got this mistake I attached.

I tried to make new one but got the same mistake.

The Z coordinate is realy strange (-1).

Many thanks for help.

Alekey
     1 people found this helpful

UbiCosmos's Avatar Community Representative
    Hey there alexeym444,

Welcome to the forums! Would you mind sharing a screenshot of this error? I have not personally come across this myself, but have not created too many stories either.

Unable to retrieve Z position for zone, please try moving the.

Hi I too have this issue as do many others,reading through this forum. It started yesterday morning and is on going. The issue renders the story creator mode unusable. Just start a create a story.the 1st thing it will ask you to do is select a start zone. It will then show you your error message reading : Unable to retrieve Z position for zone, please try moving the. When you select a position on the map it gives you map coordinates i.e X: 2345.87 Y:284.86 & Z -1. No matter where you set your start position Z always says -1? That is what is causing the error. Here is a screenshot of the error message and it also shows the map on the right saying Z:-1. https://1drv.ms/u/s!Au_5x7Av4zXrgXI_o33Rq4qAUS2M Just to say i have also asked for help in oft support but still i have had no reply? Please can you inform us as to if this error will be rectified and also maybe put a message up until this error has been solved so others do not have to waste hours trying to get the game to work. Thank you
     3 people found this helpful

Hello,

Goodsake77 made complete request. I had the same problem. I've just managed to make a link of screenshot. It's vey unuseful to forbid attachments. http://joxi.ru/l2Z6M4efzxNgG2 - it's link/
    Many thanks for help, Alexey.

Hello, Godsake77,

I hope they can fix this bug.
    Could you give me advice, can I copy some quests to observe how it built?
    I think, it will be better for learning to know how great examples built.

Many thanks,

Alexey.

Mate i have no idea im afraid! This is the first story i've tried to make. I'm a complete novice. Just totally gutted i can't even get my first creation done!
    Best of luck with yours hopefully I'll try tomorrow and it will be working,but i won't hold my breathe hahaha!
    Cheers bud

Same problem here! i can't create my first story for this issue.. hope they can fix it very soon

Originally Posted by UbiCosmos Go to original post
    Hey there alexeym444,

Welcome to the forums! Would you mind sharing a screenshot of this error? I have not personally come across this myself, but have not created too many stories either.

as you requested here is a screenshot :
    https://ibb.co/sHBqXY9

Just ignore the "Unable to retrieve Z position" error and save the Story

The Creator is actually recording where you put the start position even if it gives the error message. So, if you ignore the "Unable to retrieve Z position" error and save the Story, the error goes away when you reload ("Open") the Story back up. The Story will reopen with your selection of the starting position in place where you intended it.

I've got the same problem, and I tried saving the story ignoring the "bug", then wanted to test it on my console, but it doesn't work. So, unfortunately my conclusion here is that until Ubisoft doesn't fix it, story creator is broken.

Honestly, it is a pity.