N3mB0t's Avatar Senior Member

Why i think inventory space is not enough and possible solutions for the problem .

note that inventory and stash are two diferent spaces and that im ok with the stash space.

this said ,the ability to have multiple loadouts is great , really , you can even fast change specializations for the same build , but it gets defeated because of the low or badly designed inventory space we have now.

all those loadouts depend on the same space , the inventory space, now lets do some very very simple math , lets imagine we have 10 gear sets , to utilize them fully in a build and have it saved and ready to go we have to put all of the pieces on our inventory , so its 6x10=60 , this alone will already take up 60% of the space , add gear brands and guns and the fact this is THE SAME SPACE the game uses to store all you pick up from the ground and its full all the time , either that or you just dont save loadouts cause its not worth it if you cant load them on the fly.

one ideal solution to this would be to make the loadouts have their own inventory space , space for 6 gear pieces and 3 guns , every item on a saved loadout gets taken from the general inventory, problem solved , gear mods have their own space and its enough to hold the best 3 of each wich is all a player needs really.

what we have today is made this way probably to enable the sharing of items between loadouts but im sure there is a way to let the player select the same gun or gear piece from another loadout and just use it on a new one, the crafting table and recall station already see all you got, stash and inventory, so shouldnt be hard to give players that when filling up 3+6 predetermined spaces on the loadouts.

or just bump up the general inventory space because with this simple math we can see its clearly not enough for a looter game where you are picking up stuff all the time but dont want to keep going to the base to manage inventory space after only a couple of missions.
     3 people found this helpful

Theres just too many gear sets & with the devs buffing nerfing all the time ( up to 30%, some weapons ), what useless today maybe great tomorrow so you become afraid to crush stuff ....... So yes i think more gear space is needed , nothing worse than looking for something thats just got a huge Buff with a TU & then finding you crushed it to make space for something thats worthless now because of a Nerf ........
     1 people found this helpful

Edgemoor's Avatar Senior Member
    Easiest solution would be to give us +20 inventory space, like we had in Division 1.

I couldn't imagine needing all 10 load out spots, so your argument is a tad ridiculous that we're all running around with 60 DIFFERENT loadout items.

Originally Posted by Icarium81 Go to original post
    I couldn't imagine needing all 10 load out spots, so your argument is a tad ridiculous that we're all running around with 60 DIFFERENT loadout items.
    OPs a dedicated player i would think not a 30 minuites here and there player ... Its a different story for different players

SuspiciousPixel's Avatar Senior Member
    yeah but we get 3 additional characters and SHD transfers over to them also. Only "dedicated" players with a loudout problem would level up additional characters to 40. Only issue I find is that you need to re-do non release specializations even with a character boost.

I wish I read your post before posting mine. I could have saved time in typing it up. Yours is well thought out and brings up the same issue. I hope the Devs see this and at least think about implementing this solution.

Originally Posted by StephsGonnaGetU Go to original post
    OPs a dedicated player i would think not a 30 minuites here and there player ... Its a different story for different players
    I'm so glad you know my play style.... only putting in 20 to 40 hours a week on the game, but yeah you got it right, I'm only a casual player

UplayKap27's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by Icarium81 Go to original post
    I'm so glad you know my play style.... only putting in 20 to 40 hours a week on the game, but yeah you got it right, I'm only a casual player
    I have to assume you're being sarcastic in the post above.
    If you can't even imagine players having 10 different loadouts then I'm afraid that you are in fact "a casual player".
    The OP's statement is not at all ridiculous.
    Many players (maybe not you though) do indeed have multiple loadouts.
    I have 4 characters, all lvl 40 with max spec points, each has 10 different loadouts (Skill builds x 2, Crit builds x 2 or 3, Tank builds x 2, Healer build, Aces, Headshot as well as the occasional GE specific build) and it does take up a lot of inventory space.
    Each character also carries pretty much every exotic weapon (another 10+ inventory slots).
    Throw in a couple of additional boss-specific raid builds (which I'd like but have had to pass on) and it gets very crowded in the inventory.
    I have friends that play just as much as me that have 2 loadouts on a single character and that's enough for them because other players can vary their playstyle to suit.

All of my characters have at least 50 - 60 permanently filled inventory slots as a result.
    This means (as the OP has stated) that I can do at the most 2 or (if very selective on picking up loot) 3 missions before having to manage my inventory at the BOO.

As the game progresses and the number of available builds and gear sets increase there is a need for an ongoing increase in the player inventory capacity.
    It's not just the stash that needs to increase to allow storage (as has been done).
    The inventory size also needs to increase to allow players to maintain build variety without constant inventory management.

I'd like another 50 inventory slots per character.

Kap.
     3 people found this helpful

desrocchi's Avatar Senior Member
    Or we could have a DZ-like (much bigger) bag that stores what we pick up during mission or in the open world and we can then go to a safe area where we can manage what we have picked up, then trash it or store it.