The Fractured but Whole White Screen glitch (PS4)

Hi - Please help. Iím playing South Park: The Fractured But Whole and am getting a white screen glitch during the mission ďOrigins 4: The Omega PrologueĒ. It locks up and I am unable to move beyond it.

After every time I talk to Cartman and he begins to talk about my origin story it goes to a game-breaking white screen. This white screen happens during the origin story right after my character gets out of bed and opens the bedroom door.

Iíve tried so many times to get it working to no avail: changed the class Iíve picked, completed side quests to see if that will unglitch it, etc...

Also, one strange thing Iíve noticed was that both ďOrigins 3: The VisitorĒ was also an uncleared mission when ďOrigins 4: The Omega PrologueĒ showed you on my mission list/map (even though I competed Origins 3 awhile ago). Wondering if that has anything to do with it. However, I found a way to clear Origins 3 from my uncompleted missions and the glitch still happened.

UBI-Froggard's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff EMEA
    Hey,

Sorry to hear you keep getting a white screen. If you have the game installed on an external HDD, please try reinstalling it to the main PS4 HDD and see if that resolves it for you.

If that's not the case, do you know anyone who could help you get past it with their PS4 and the game with your account, and then upload the save game to the cloud afterwards?

Originally Posted by UBI-Froggard Go to original post
    Hey,

Sorry to hear you keep getting a white screen. If you have the game installed on an external HDD, please try reinstalling it to the main PS4 HDD and see if that resolves it for you.

If that's not the case, do you know anyone who could help you get past it with their PS4 and the game with your account, and then upload the save game to the cloud afterwards?
    Hi - thanks for the reply. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and that didnít work. Same white screen lockup glitch. Iím using a disc version of the game.

Also donít have a friend who could help me get past the glitch. Thinking I would have to rent it from Redbox or something to go that route

Ubi-Viral's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Originally Posted by tjacobs427 Go to original post
    Hi - thanks for the reply. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and that didn’t work. Same white screen lockup glitch. I’m using a disc version of the game.

Also don’t have a friend who could help me get past the glitch. Thinking I would have to rent it from Redbox or something to go that route
    Hey!

Thank you for your reply. Could you try any steps that you are yet to do from here please:

https://support.ubisoft.com/en-GB/fa...oubleshooting/

If the issue persists, please take a video and post it here so we can investigate further.

Thanks!

Originally Posted by Ubi-Viral Go to original post
    Hey!

Thank you for your reply. Could you try any steps that you are yet to do from here please:

If the issue persists, please take a video and post it here so we can investigate further.

Thanks!
    Hi - I tried out those steps except for Try Another PS4 (not able) and rebuild the database (didnít seem relevant to this issue) and the issue still persists.

Here are the videos of my glitch.

First version (where my previous Origins 3 quest was uncleared - May be a clue to why the glitch is happening): https://youtu.be/5mzaHYw8n_Q

Second version (where the issue persisted despite finding a way to clear Origins 3 from my quests): https://youtu.be/gU3YKxbXcE4

Originally Posted by Ubi-Viral Go to original post
    Hey!

Thanks!
    Hi - wanted to check back in on this and make sure you saw my previous message with videos of the glitch.

Also, do you think this issue could be fixed with a completely digital copy of the game? Iím currently using a disc version of the game. I bought it new and it looks completely fine, but Iím wondering if I just got a defective disc.

Thanks,
    Ted

UBI-Froggard's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff EMEA
    Hi - wanted to check back in on this and make sure you saw my previous message with videos of the glitch.

Also, do you think this issue could be fixed with a completely digital copy of the game? I’m currently using a disc version of the game. I bought it new and it looks completely fine, but I’m wondering if I just got a defective disc.

Thanks,
    Ted
    Hey,

Thanks for the videos, I apologise we never got back to you sooner. I wouldn't want to suggest getting a digital copy incase it's an issue you are always going to encounter with the save game file that you are on. It's entirely up to you of course, but maybe you would prefer to lend the disc to a friend to see if they have the same issue or start a new save yourself first. If it happens again on a new save with the same disc, then it could be a disc issue.

Originally Posted by UBI-Froggard Go to original post
    Hey,

Thanks for the videos, I apologise we never got back to you sooner. I wouldn't want to suggest getting a digital copy incase it's an issue you are always going to encounter with the save game file that you are on. It's entirely up to you of course, but maybe you would prefer to lend the disc to a friend to see if they have the same issue or start a new save yourself first. If it happens again on a new save with the same disc, then it could be a disc issue.
    Hey - okay, so what are my options here? Feel like I should have a little more recourse than ďjust try to put in 8 hours of gameplay again and hope itís just a glitch with the old save fileĒ for a game that has been pretty widely buggy for a lot of players. Iím not gonna play it again for awhile cuz I moved on to other games but Iíd like to finish it at some point, so here are my questions:

1. Is the PS4 database rebuild step something that could realistically fix my glitch here?
    2. Would renting a disc from a redbox or elsewhere be a better middle ground to diagnose a save file glitch versus defective disc issue than either buying a digital copy of the game or playing through the whole game again? (Or more feasible middle ground, better chance of success, etc.. - not sure if youíre allowed to officially recommend me spending more money on a game like this as a fix)
    3. Any chance of a patch here? I know itís an old game and this issue is pretty specific but gotta ask
    4. Is giving a courtesy digital copy of the game a thing? I can provide proof of purchase and whatnot of the disc. I ainít trying to scam you or anything. Iím just super disappointed to encounter this game breaking glitch and really tired of doing all of this troubleshooting only to end up back at the square one.

Best,
    Ted

Ubi-TheBerry's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Hey - okay, so what are my options here? Feel like I should have a little more recourse than “just try to put in 8 hours of gameplay again and hope it’s just a glitch with the old save file” for a game that has been pretty widely buggy for a lot of players. I’m not gonna play it again for awhile cuz I moved on to other games but I’d like to finish it at some point, so here are my questions:

1. Is the PS4 database rebuild step something that could realistically fix my glitch here?
    2. Would renting a disc from a redbox or elsewhere be a better middle ground to diagnose a save file glitch versus defective disc issue than either buying a digital copy of the game or playing through the whole game again? (Or more feasible middle ground, better chance of success, etc.. - not sure if you’re allowed to officially recommend me spending more money on a game like this as a fix)
    3. Any chance of a patch here? I know it’s an old game and this issue is pretty specific but gotta ask
    4. Is giving a courtesy digital copy of the game a thing? I can provide proof of purchase and whatnot of the disc. I ain’t trying to scam you or anything. I’m just super disappointed to encounter this game breaking glitch and really tired of doing all of this troubleshooting only to end up back at the square one.

Best,
    Ted
    Hey there,

We would certainly advise rebuilding the database as a valid troubleshooting step to ensure there's nothing corrupt or conflicting when the game tries to run.

We'd advising testing the game in another PS4 such as a friend or family member's over renting / buying another copy but as previously mentioned this is up to yourself if you're unable to find another PS4 to test the disc on.

However courtesy digital copies aren't part of our policy, we'd refer you to the retailer to discuss refunds or exchanges if the disc is faulty, even if the retailer was the Ubisoft Store.

If you're able to give those remaining steps a try, please feel free to keep us updated or let us know if you need further help