🛈 Announcement
Greetings! The Division forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game

PVP Shotgun buff

In the current state shotguns like M870 variant can simply 2 tap an agent with armor exceeding 1.8 million, and ironically other weapons are getting a nerf in PVP in the name of Higher TTK..
    For shotguns one does not need to spec into RED attributes and can inflict some serious damage, seems like we are going to back to TU1.6 meta where we have players running 600K armor, 300k 2tap double barrel and 3000k skill power.

Please be reasonable and balance the weapon power in PVP, while giving chance to other weapons to counter 2/3 tap shotgun cheese builds...
     5 people found this helpful

and they said "We want to make SMG and shotgun more rewarding, and that means more damage" in the state of the game brother, we know what to expect.
     1 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by Qazeee Go to original post
    In the current state shotguns like M870 variant can simply 2 tap an agent with armor exceeding 1.8 million, and ironically other weapons are getting a nerf in PVP in the name of Higher TTK..
    For shotguns one does not need to spec into RED attributes and can inflict some serious damage, seems like we are going to back to TU1.6 meta where we have players running 600K armor, 300k 2tap double barrel and 3000k skill power.

Please be reasonable and balance the weapon power in PVP, while giving chance to other weapons to counter 2/3 tap shotgun cheese builds...
    This is further if not majorly contributed bu the versatile talent which just gives too much multiplicative damage for smg and shotguns.
     3 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by MinPT Go to original post
    This is further if not majorly contributed bu the versatile talent which just gives too much multiplicative damage for smg and shotguns.
    Well, I tested versatile and it's as you mention strong. But... I also made a post about this, talking about healer hives, mmrs and shotguns. I'm on pc, by the way. but heres a video of a super90 against the bugged bullwark.

On the post I explain many experiments we did with our clan, including a two tap double shotgun with 1.3 armor and max crit. Which is concerning. Same as mmrs, with almost no investing on mmr dmg or headshot, that can oneshot to the head.

Yeah I can't believe we are going back to the Shotgun ****show we had before... Geez
     2 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by Qazeee Go to original post

Totally agrees shotgun meta worst things in pvp

either nerf shotguns a bit or nerf versatile since its amplified dmg
     2 people found this helpful