i've been playing the chest capture game a bit to get a feel for it. and all in all its an ok game sure to pull some of the runners from the wanted and alliance game matchs were stealth is more important then just running around.

what i don't get though is i'm walking along and it said 4 times in a row pursuer killed civilian. the little red lights blinked off till just one was showing. yet i got no lure points for that. is there something i'm missing here usually killing civilians gives you a point bonus. it seems from my perspective its just letting people button mash the kill button with no consequences save for a what 4 second time before they can target again.

also anyone notice you seem to go from stealth to high profile a lot faster and easier then before. the compass isn't even lighting up and i'm losing my stealth bonus. i use the same sneaking moves on games wanted, manhunt that nets me the incognito, silent, etc bonus here yet it cuts me down to descret bonus.

can someone please tell me if they notice this as well. or if i'm missing something about this new game mode what it is. i'm very curious about this. and honestly this bit will make or break weather i will play and enjoy this new mode.

i've been playing the chest capture game a bit to get a feel for it. and all in all its an ok game sure to pull some of the runners from the wanted and alliance game matchs were stealth is more important then just running around.

what i don't get though is i'm walking along and it said 4 times in a row pursuer killed civilian. the little red lights blinked off till just one was showing. yet i got no lure points for that. is there something i'm missing here usually killing civilians gives you a point bonus. it seems from my perspective its just letting people button mash the kill button with no consequences save for a what 4 second time before they can target again.

also anyone notice you seem to go from stealth to high profile a lot faster and easier then before. the compass isn't even lighting up and i'm losing my stealth bonus. i use the same sneaking moves on games wanted, manhunt that nets me the incognito, silent, etc bonus here yet it cuts me down to descret bonus.

can someone please tell me if they notice this as well. or if i'm missing something about this new game mode what it is. i'm very curious about this. and honestly this bit will make or break weather i will play and enjoy this new mode.

E-Zekiel's Avatar Senior Member
    I don't get these either. Something tells me they don't count in this mode.

Maybe to safeguard people who just spaz (I do this a lot lol) and kill personae in the general area of the chest that match the other team.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by E-Zekiel:
    I don't get these either. Something tells me they don't count in this mode.

Maybe to safeguard people who just spaz (I do this a lot lol) and kill personae in the general area of the chest that match the other team. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

To get the points for the lure in all game modes you have to be near your pursuer, probably within a radius of 10 m. If they do it far away, probably just to get rid of you as a contract for whatever reason that may be, you won't get the points.

LURE ONLY COUNTS IF THEY KILL AN NPC THAT IS THE SAME PERSONA AS YOU.

I'm not posting in a gothpunkboy thread again. It just frustrates me and gets me close to banned. Hello, Goodbye.

your compass only goes away when you are near a chest

I think your problem with being somehow detected without the compass lighting up is because you're in the line of sight of somebody else on the other team, someone that isn't your target. If you go high profile in front of anyone on the other team, you lose Incognito, no matter if your actual target saw you or not.

I think it's kind of lame, because to have your actual target on the other side of the map, yet be seen for a split second and lose that hundred points sucks. You can't just walk over there, you'd never get to them.

But if they didn't have that, people could select a target, sprint up to another one, switch to that person, and recieve an Incognito kill even though they'd sprinted to them in plain sight.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ArcadeSole:
    LURE ONLY COUNTS IF THEY KILL AN NPC THAT IS THE SAME PERSONA AS YOU.

I'm not posting in a gothpunkboy thread again. It just frustrates me and gets me close to banned. Hello, Goodbye. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

can you show that the people they were killing wern't me? since it was chest capture they could switch and i highly doubt that 4 people would kill people that didn't look like the priest (who i was playing as with that game). i noticed that spaz killing happens a lot but it all tends to be what the target players look like. example is if the people are blacksmiths we tend to kill all blacksmiths in treasure zone. how ever everyone would ignore the prowler that is walking around. so I'd say the lure points should be working just fine on this match. and i said from my perspective. please try to calm down there.

and Wzu_ i think you hit the nail on the head with the stealth bit. i switch targets and i see that another player who i wasn't targeting is in plain sight of me. which shouldn't happen granted this is very very much free run bit if it shouldn't hurt people that want to stealth play a bit that much.

E-Zekiel i don't get why they would remove the lure from this game setting. i know its run friendly but luring is one of my favorite things to do when i'm on the hunted side.

Their just killing anyone they think might be a target using a disguise.

Or their eliminating potential hiding spots.

Both potentialy brilliant strategys which are highley likley to backfire.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by J4mes4125:
    Their just killing anyone they think might be a target using a disguise.

Or their eliminating potential hiding spots.

Both potentialy brilliant strategys which are highley likley to backfire. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

this was chest capture the new game mode i'm talking about. its just like manhunt they have the pic of who the persona looks like. and like manhunt you can freely switch targets without having to kill an npc to switch. so if they were killing every lets say priest around you should still be getting lure points for that.