How common are unmarked quests?

Hi everyone.

When I started playing I was a bit disappointed to see all the quests and locations marked on my map despite playing on "exploration mode". But after I left the starting islands and came across the town of Kirrah I was surprised to find an unmarked quest. I was running around trying to find the blacksmith and as I passed a random civilian I got a interaction prompt. So I spoke to her and low and behold it was a quest to get her stolen money back from some bandits.

This is good because now I have an incentive to explore but I wonder how many quest givers I've missed. Are unmarked quests common?

I was level seven when I left the starting islands, is that about right?

Cheers everyone.

DreadGrrl's Avatar Senior Member
    I don’t think I ever ran across an unmarked quest in my 1000+ hours of game play.

UbiCosmos's Avatar Community Representative
    Hello human_male,

Hmmm I feel like there were a handful of quests like this I discovered. However, I could have just missed the icon on the map as well. I do definitely remember some quests appearing after talking with civilians, so I made it a point to talk to everyone I could!

Originally Posted by UbiCosmos Go to original post
    Hello human_male,

Hmmm I feel like there were a handful of quests like this I discovered. However, I could have just missed the icon on the map as well. I do definitely remember some quests appearing after talking with civilians, so I made it a point to talk to everyone I could!
    I think that's a better way to do it. Rather than simply running from map icon to map icon, to discover quests more organically by talking to people or finding items in the world such as the letters, or the notice board.

UbiCosmos's Avatar Community Representative
    Originally Posted by human_male Go to original post
    I think that's a better way to do it. Rather than simply running from map icon to map icon, to discover quests more organically by talking to people or finding items in the world such as the letters, or the notice board.
    I agree! It's so much fun that way too and more natural, and really gets you to explore every inch of the map!

solarsystem525's Avatar Junior Member
    thankyou for sharing this valuabe post, also kindly visit site https://www.futuresolarwa.com.au/

Originally Posted by UbiCosmos Go to original post
    I agree! It's so much fun that way too and more natural, and really gets you to explore every inch of the map!
    You got it Cosmos. There has to be a reason to explore or whats the point of having an open world in the first place? I'm finding that while playing Odyssey. A huge map but there's nothing out there to do. No reason to explore. The towns and cities similarly are just window dressing, bereft of substance and anything to interact with.

I hope Valhalla isn't like that. Since you work for Ubisoft maybe you could have a word with the highups.