The map of this game have a BUG

IN Assassin's Creed Odyssey , the hightest point of the map is in Crete , isn't it ?

Mount Ida at 2,456 m (8,057 feet), is the highest mountain on Crete. At game ,there have less snow there。:凉:

Mount Taygetus in the south is the highest mountain in the Peloponnese, at 2,407 metres (7,897 ft). At game ,we can see much snow at Mount Taygetus.
    BUT 2,456 m> 2,407 m

ISN'T very strange ?

DreadGrrl's Avatar Senior Member
    No. It isn’t strange. There are a number of factors that influence the duration and accumulation of snow on the ground: even at elevation. Krete and Lakonia have very different climates.
     2 people found this helpful

Olympus2018's Avatar Senior Member
    Crete has a warmer climate and snow melts quicker than that on the mountains of continental Greece. Also, the game map is not accurate at all when it comes to mountain reconstruction. Mount Ida looks less tall than Taygetos. Mt. Olympus should be located in the southern part of Makedonia but it does not exist at all! I don't know why Ubisoft decided to butcher the map of Greece like that.
     1 people found this helpful

Ubi-Swaggins's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Hey JudgedStorm8486,

As what you are listing is more of a discussion topic than a bug with the game, I will move it over to the General Discussion forums.

Don't confuse height and tallest ... I've not looked into it but I do know some of the mountains in Greece are tall but not high

Tall ... Length from tip to base

Height ... How high it is above see level

pesto.'s Avatar Banned
    Keep in mind each area of the Odyssey map is set at a different time of year!

Autumn and winter in the north, spring through the west, summer in the east and south. It accentuates the differences between regions and allows you to have cherry blossoms in Korinth at the same time as the leaves turning in Phokis.
     4 people found this helpful

ALL i say is elevation, reference geoid, a mathematical model of the Earth's sea level as an equipotential gravitational surface

UbiCosmos's Avatar Community Representative
    Hello JudgedStorm8486,

Welcome to the forums. This seems to be intended and not a bug in the game, but thank you for sharing your feedback with us!

well , if this' to be intended, i don't think it's very interesting。In fact,Crete still have forest in Greece,not very similar to Egypt 。According to the truth Geography,Mount Ida is higher than any mountain in Peloponnesus ,Mount Ida have forest and snow there。If Mount Ida looks obvious Almost high or higher than Taygetos,i think it will very realistic in game。

ProdiGurl's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by JudgedStorm8486 Go to original post
    well , if this' to be intended, i don't think it's very interesting。In fact,Crete still have forest in Greece,not very similar to Egypt 。According to the truth Geography,Mount Ida is higher than any mountain in Peloponnesus ,Mount Ida have forest and snow there。If Mount Ida looks obvious Almost high or higher than Taygetos,i think it will very realistic in game。
    This is a GAME.... not a geographical model for real life use of anything.
    How long do devs have to work on a map to perfect it to real life standards??
     3 people found this helpful