Preliminary Feedback on Shield Set and The Ravenous

As I did not have more time to test all the changes, I have tested only the shield gear set and the ravenous exotic.

Foundry Bulwark

Core: Armor (Blue)
    • 2: +10% Armor
    • 3: +3% Armor Regeneration
    • 4: "Makeshift Repairs" Whenever you or your shield take damage, 40% of that amount is repaired to both over 10s
    • Chest talent: "Process Refinery" Increases Makeshift Repairs from 40% to 60%
    • Backpack talent: "Improved Materials" Increases Makeshift Repairs speed from 10s to 6s

This is the build I test today. unfortunately, I couldn´t test the maximized version since it was not provided. I simply put together this build based on my other build which is in WIP. Here is the video of it.

The idea behind the set is awesome. It is strong since it provides good protection when you find your self surrounded by NPCs. Usually one of the weak points of a shield build is when the enemies are flanking you. With this set you can withstand many difficult situations since the "Makeshift Repair" talent is permanently applied to the player since it gets triggered whenever the shield or the player is taking damage. In order to make that visual here is a small video about it.

The combination of Shield Damage and player damage can make this gear set a bit overpowered. If you take damage from one side only it doesn´t seem so strong. See video.

My suggestion to balance it a bit would be simply to make the "Makeshift Repair" talent to get triggered only when the player is taking damage. Whether from the flank of from the back and not from both sources (i.e. Shield+Player)

The Ravenous Exotic Rifle

Double Barrel Rifle: The Ravenous

• On trigger-pull, fire both barrels at once
    • When fired from the right shoulder, hits add offensive primers, and defensive primers when fired from the left shoulder
    • Hits from one shoulder will detonate all of the opposite shoulder's primers when present
    • When detonated, each offensive primer deals 100% weapon damage, while each defensive primer grants +4% bonus armor and +10% amplified damage to armor plates for 5s
    • Primer effectiveness is doubled at 10 stacks

It is a very nice idea to make a rifle works as a double-barrel shotgun but it can get confusing as the Mechanic of that rifle works by switching shoulder sides.

From the testing, I have done so far, this weapon talent as it works only on strong enemies. In other words the stronger the enemy is the better you can stack the buffs. I am providing a small video of how it works on various difficulties.

My suggestion for that weapon is to change the way the buffs are triggering. Currently if I want the armor buff, I need to stack it by shooting from the left side and trigger it by switching to the right side, where once the blue buff is triggered, the red buff is getting applied. Since it can be very confusing during the heat of the battle, I would propose to automatically trigger the buff that I need.

That would work as follows. Let´s say I need the blue buff. Once I stack the buff I need using the shoulder mechanic, it should get automatically triggered once it is on full-stack since it only needs 5 shots to a target to get the full buff. That way in my opinion would provide more fluent gameplay with that particular rifle.

Tomorrow I will test some more stuff and provide more feedback.

Rhaelphens
     1 people found this helpful

Have you noticed that detonating the defensive primers does not give the 10% damage boost?
    It gives the bonus armor but damage stays the same. I tried in different contexts but the easiest is the shooting range.

As1r0nimo's Avatar Senior Member
    Foundry bulwark repairing should have a limited amount and should trigger on low armor. Like at 25% it triggers and auto repair you from incoming damage for 10 seconds (30 seconds cd). And total repairing is limited to 200% of your armor (lasts in total 10 seconds, so last ticks will be extremely high). After that there will be a window for you to be killed. So, from tanks perspective, you will need to dance around those cooldowns to mitigate incoming damage (just like tanks in WoW works).
    Originally Posted by AgentCoulson. Go to original post
    Have you noticed that detonating the defensive primers does not give the 10% damage boost?
    It gives the bonus armor but damage stays the same. I tried in different contexts but the easiest is the shooting range.
    The damage boost works only against tanks/doggs/armor plates on TS heavy etc. On paper at least.

Originally Posted by AgentCoulson. Go to original post
    To my knowledge, +10% amplified damage to armor plates for 5s it should apply to enemy armor plates. Unfortunately you can not see the damage buff as the shooting range does not provide that ability. At least not that I know of. Here is a picture of enemy armor plates.

As you can see the picture above highlights the enemy armor plates which the "+10% amplified damage to armor plates for 5s" buff applies to.

Rhaelphens

Jumpel's Avatar Junior Member
    For the Foundry Bulwark set i would rather suggest to only proc when the shielf take damage and only with a the ballistic sheild and reflect shield (because sidearm are less effective than other weapon for now)

I find the Ravenous is a nice/fun idea and a beautiful skin. It probably wont become meta (or maybe in PVP) but will provide some fun gameplay.

As1r0nimo's Avatar Senior Member
    In PvP Ravenous will be effective against Shield users, since you can stack the damage on them. Plus base damage is high in any case. Just remember, that it's base damage is doubled