Nokk Buff That Would Make A Difference

Simply put, I think Nokk's gadget should prioritize stealth over anything else. the problem with trying to play Nokk right now is that you want to move through the map quietly which means you want to run but the problem with that is you don't have the ability to do so with your gadget on. Thus I think the best change for Nokk right now would be to make it so that when her gadget is active, actions that would cause her to static will still keep her silent at all times, meaning she has full Caviera silent step but with a partial immunity to cameras if she doesn't do actions that make her go fast.

This will double down on the fact that cameras are her weakness and also allow Nokk players to move around the map much quicker than they are currently. also there are certain counters already in place that keep her in check that will make sure she doesn't get out of hand.

If you're trying to sneak around like you said, why would you sprint? Even Cav is quite audible sprinting with Silent Step active. And Nokk's resistance to cameras should be the thing being emphasised. In my opinion, keep her sound reduction as is, but make the HEL less obvious when looking at cams. Right now you basically have to walk everywhere within a camera's FOV as any more than that will cause a visible distortion, as well as Echo and Mozzie seeing a Vigil-like distortion where Nokk is. There's a reason Vigil is much better than Caveira, and that's that cameras are probably your most useful tool. Caveira works with Silent Step as being quiet will reward you with walls on the entire enemy team, whereas Nokk has nothing to show. If you want to make her an actual viable operator, focus on the cameras rather than the sound.

Originally Posted by haircombee Go to original post
    If you're trying to sneak around like you said, why would you sprint? Even Cav is quite audible sprinting with Silent Step active. And Nokk's resistance to cameras should be the thing being emphasised. In my opinion, keep her sound reduction as is, but make the HEL less obvious when looking at cams. Right now you basically have to walk everywhere within a camera's FOV as any more than that will cause a visible distortion, as well as Echo and Mozzie seeing a Vigil-like distortion where Nokk is. There's a reason Vigil is much better than Caveira, and that's that cameras are probably your most useful tool. Caveira works with Silent Step as being quiet will reward you with walls on the entire enemy team, whereas Nokk has nothing to show. If you want to make her an actual viable operator, focus on the cameras rather than the sound.
    I guess that can work. But I still would prefer silence over cameras. Vigil is a unique case as he depends on people using drones for him to be good. The only reason why he's better than cav is because he has his two good guns to fall back on. Lower levels don't really use their drones as much as higher levels so Vigil is a case where his gadget becomes much worse the lower the Elo you go. Cav is the opposite since she becomes stronger at lower Elo since most people at that level tend to be more dependent on their senses rather than use intel and utility. It's also why you tend to see her get banned as well. Nokk is unique since she has both of their abilities so she theoretically has the ability to accel at all elos equally as she can be quiet and remain hidden on cameras.

Also buffing Nokk's silence allows her to use her gadget in combat as well. If you're in a room with a lot of cover and someone knows which direction you were last at, you can use HEL to quietly sprint away to flank them all without making noise. Even if you make noise while sprinting, at least it's better than being fully audible and the enemy knows you are sprinting. and you can say that a camera would counter her at that situation, unless you are in a room that has a Yokai Drone or Mozzie Drone or even normal camera if that hasn't been shot, you cannot ping Nokk and thus must vocally call out where she is and if you are in a group of randoms giving out different callouts, it can get confusing for players. maybe it is different for a 5 stack but that's siege for you. it's not about making a gadget good for 1 section of the playerbase but for all.

but like I said, if you want her to be a viable operator she shouldn't be focused on lower Elo. Just because Nokk has both abilities doesn't mean she would excel at high and low Elo, because both her camera avoidance and sound reduction are both just worse than the operators they came from. You're not making her gadget good for all by making it mostly sound, you're only making it good for the lower half of the Elo spectrum.

but like I said, if you want her to be a viable operator she shouldn't be focused on lower Elo. Just because Nokk has both abilities doesn't mean she would excel at high and low Elo, because both her camera avoidance and sound reduction are both just worse than the operators they came from. You're not making her gadget good for all by making it mostly sound, you're only making it good for the lower half of the Elo spectrum.
    I've been to bronze and I can tell you - No one there uses their ears.XD. Sometimes you can sprint near and they still won't know you are there.

And also, why do you think that focusing nokk on higher elo will make her better for everyone? Usually, high elo operators are never picked or picked very rarely in lower tiers, that's why balancing needs to be focused on the majority of the players. And they are in gold.

I played in gold for a while on PC and Xbox and I can tell you that people definitely play Vigil and other "high Elo operators". I see much more Vigil than Caveira, because Vigil is just a better operator. I never said I wanted Nokk better for everyone, I said I wanted her to be viable, and spoofing cameras is just a better ability than being able to be quiet.

I played in gold for a while on PC and Xbox and I can tell you that people definitely play Vigil and other "high Elo operators". I see much more Vigil than Caveira, because Vigil is just a better operator. I never said I wanted Nokk better for everyone, I said I wanted her to be viable, and spoofing cameras is just a better ability than being able to be quiet.
    You cannot underestimate silence too much man. I mean I get it, being able to stay hidden from cameras sounds like a really good idea especially since defenders tend to linger around on cameras a lot but that only happens in very high Elo play where people are going to be more prone to use cameras and communicate with each other. being completely invisible to cameras doesn't work in a 1v1 situation since there won't be a camera always in play. It makes her gadget much more situational rather than versatile. If the only way for you to fully utilize your gadget is to go invisible on cameras and you are placing your bets on people being on cams when you do so, then you are relying on the enemy team to be the ones to depend on utility rather than actually taking advantage of a situation.

When you look at being silent though, While you can argue that it has less uses compared to being completely invisible to cameras, it gives the player more versatility to utilize her gadget in more situations that don't depend on you being in a camera. One of the reasons why people are complaining that Nokk needs to be a 3 speed is because the way her gadget is designed currently doesn't allow you to move around the map quickly without being detected. By giving her gadget more leeway to allow her to be mobile, you allow Nokk to be able to move around the map with her gadget up much further than you would have if you had just walked all over the place.

Also in any situation, having completely invisiblity to cameras might work for defense since attackers have to come to you, it doesn't work as well because Defenders know you have to come to them. Thus even if you can fool cameras to think you are not there, if your goal is to head to the objective anyways, then defenders can just wait for you to come to their lines of sight and gun you down then. Even if you run past 10 cameras to get into a site.