xcel30's Avatar Senior Member

Double barreled and ACS-12 shotgun need a buff (PVE)

They both didn't get any buff in this balance pass, making the double barrel adn ACS-12 drasticly weaker than the others.

Do shotguns even come close to the dmg they indicate? When I go to the shooting range the majority of shots fired are way below the indicated amount of damage. I add up the 4 numbers hitting the target and the vast vast majority of time it is under (way under) the damage indicated the gun does ( and this is against a still target 5m away!).

It's frustrating because every other gun tells you what dmg will be done and when you shoot it you can clearly see on the shooting range it is doing that much dmg or more depending on crit hits etc.

Shotgun is a huge disappointment and I feel the indicated dmg is very misleading. Please have the shotgun do what it says it will do even if that means lowering the indicated amount of damage. I just want to know what the "real" damage will be from the shotgun.....not the gun might get this damage once every 6 or 7 shots.

When I crit hit with a 1.2 million damage and my critical hit is 100% I expect to do 2.4 million damage. Don't think I have ever seen this on the range shooting over a 1000 rounds.

If I'm misunderstanding something please let me know or if this has been corrected already thank you.

Shotguns in general [still] need a buff, honestly. Even with the PTS changes, their reward is far too low for the risk involved in using them.

@rrbo68, as far as your math discrepancies, each shotgun shot fires eight pellets, not four. The base damage of the eight pellets adds up to the "displayed" damage in the gun info panel. That probably explains why you're coming up so short. The game also calculates damage (and criticals) for each pellet separately, so the odds of critting with all eight pellets are pretty low (less than one tenth of one percent). On average, if you're at 60% CHC, you'll get 4.8 critical pellets per shot. (Disclaimer: The game only treats pellets separately for damage and CHC calculations. It does not treat them separately for purposes of building stacks for talents like Obliterate, Fast Hands, or Steady Handed.)

Thanks @SaintLandwalker.

When at the shooting range - DMG 1.2Million shotgun.

Shoot target 5m away. Always 4 numbers show up. Even when all 4 numbers are orange(crit hit I believe) the total is only 1.8Million

Crit hit damage for my build is 145%

I'm not getting it and don't believe shotguns do anything near what they are listed at for damage.

Maybe the listed damage is too high and this is a way to tame the shotgun, I don't know and it doesn't matter. What I want is the shotgun says it will do 1.2 million then at 5m against a non moving target that is obviously hit with all pellets 1.2 million is the minimum it does. If not please indicate a lower number but I want to know what damage I'm doing up close so I can judge the risk reward. If you tell me 1.2million and then I figure my crit hit chance/crit hit damage I may take the risk - but not if I rarely achieve the number you show....

It's misleading because all the other guns the dmg indicator is the minimum registered on the target. Only shotguns have a dmg indicator that is higher than what is actually being dealt to the target.

Am I missing something?

It might be more helpful if you can provide a screenshot, but if you have the "Damage Log" open (not the pop-up numbers that always show up when you hit things, but the damage log in the chat window), you should see eight new numbers each time you take a shot (assuming all the pellets hit). I'm not sure why you'd only be seeing four of them.

Shotguns' damage can certainly be misleading since the weapon panel shows the damage for all eight pellets combined, so in "live" action it's very easy to not land all eight on a target (because of range, movement, etc.) and thus score less than the displayed damage number, but that shouldn't be happening at the range.

As1r0nimo's Avatar Senior Member
    You are missing they way of properly testing. Switch damage numbers ON in you chat, so you will see it more clearly.

Just basic value. On Live Spas-12 with crit build can oneshot heroic Red bars (~1.8 million health). 41% crit chance, sweet dreams at 1.1 million damage (not full reds or something). 134% crit damage. 175k damage to armor, 455k damage critical. Per pellet. You can do math on your own.

Originally Posted by As1r0nimo Go to original post
    You are missing they way of properly testing. Switch damage numbers ON in you chat, so you will see it more clearly.

Just basic value. On Live Spas-12 with crit build can oneshot heroic Red bars (~1.8 million health). 41% crit chance, sweet dreams at 1.1 million damage (not full reds or something). 134% crit damage. 175k damage to armor, 455k damage critical. Per pellet. You can do math on your own.
    Solo or group?

As1r0nimo's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by xcel30 Go to original post
    Solo or group?
    Solo.
    Those numbers are at 97% weapon damage. Nothing is multiplied. And on live server. I haven't installed PTS (i don't have space for it, unfortunately), so i can't speak for current PTS buffs that are already implemented.

Thank you. Will check it out. I'm xbox player so will have to look to see how to turn on these stats.

You really need to use that shotgun in 4 man heroic to see how much ******** an single elite is (not rushers of course)