dagrommit's Avatar Senior Member

Incoming Imperial Dynasty change - 3 seconds sounds too long

As we can't get in at the moment, pardon me while I indulge in some preemptive outrage

Per the patch notes:

Imperial Dynasty
    No longer automatically applies burn status effect to the nearest enemy in range.
    Now requires maintaining range and LOS (line-of-sight) for 3 seconds between the holster bearer and nearest enemy before applying the burn status effect.
    Added visual UI feedback to reveal the radius of effect in PvP and an indicator for LOS between the holster bearer and nearest enemy.
    I realize this change isn't due until Phase 2, and am fine with the LOS requirement, but 3 seconds seems a really long time to maintain LOS before the burn status kicks in. Will this also require that the enemy be within your Field of View?
     1 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by dagrommit Go to original post
    As we can't get in at the moment, pardon me while I indulge in some preemptive outrage

Per the patch notes:

I realize this change isn't due until Phase 2, and am fine with the LOS requirement, but 3 seconds seems a really long time to maintain LOS before the burn status kicks in. Will this also require that the enemy be within your Field of View?
    Yes.
    Mind that those are PVP.changes.
    I would be happy if they increase the cooldown to 1 minute.
    This holster is pure CANCER in pvp
     7 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by Mr.Atlass Go to original post
    Yes.
    Mind that those are PVP.changes.
    Um, yes, that's why this is posted in the PVP Balance sub-forum

I would be happy if they increase the cooldown to 1 minute.
    This holster is pure CANCER in pvp
    If the people who make this argument were to be believed, all gearsets, skills and talents should be removed. Fortunately Massive seem to understand that removing one of their differentiators would be ridiculous.

Um, yes, that's why this is posted in the PVP Balance sub-forum

If the people who make this argument were to be believed, all gearsets, skills and talents should be removed. Fortunately Massive seem to understand that removing one of their differentiators would be ridiculous.
    Are you being serious now ?

Imperial before:
    - 15-20 sec cooldown
    - no need to aim
    - no need to trigger (trigger itself)
    - burn trough walls
    - causes stagger and unability to shoot (hipfire accuracy = 0% atm)
    - cant run
    - sits in the weakest possible place - holster

You tell me how is that balanced?

By the way, you reffering to something that will be implemented in STAGE 2
    I assume, every build you use in PVP is based on this holster so are all your kills.
    You peaople,. would love to just run around and getting kills without pressing a button.
     11 people found this helpful

The concern I have is with all these status effects and gear sets etc. That players will be forced to play a certain way. It would be nice if we had an immunizer.
     2 people found this helpful

OK, just tested the TTK with a full blue build (4-pc TP, 2-pc Gila, all max armor rolls). A clan mate had maxed out Bakers Dozen - took 1.59s to down me. Similar result with an ACR.

Holster got nerfed

Are you being serious now ?
    By the way, you reffering to something that will be implemented in STAGE 2
    Maybe you should read the first post.

Originally Posted by stryfe.. Go to original post
    The concern I have is with all these status effects and gear sets etc. That players will be forced to play a certain way. It would be nice if we had an immunizer.
    Hazard Protection and Burn Resistance.

OK, just tested the TTK with a full blue build (4-pc TP, 2-pc Gila, all max armor rolls). A clan mate had maxed out Bakers Dozen - took 1.59s to down me. Similar result with an ACR.

Holster got nerfed

Maybe you should read the first post.

Hazard Protection and Burn Resistance.
    I have red your first post, and let me put it this way.
    First of all you havent tested it, second of all you asume it is a bad change without testing it.
    So now maintaining a LOS for 3 seconds is something odd in your opinion ?? Yeah, is better to have magic wand that does everything for you, without even sticking your nose out of cover. Whats next ? Auto-aim exotic gloves ??

Hazard protection and burn resistance?? - against a full dps build with imperial holster ??
     4 people found this helpful

*don't own Imperial Dynasty*

This nerf seems like an excessive sop to the whiny PvPers who just shout more than everyone else. LOS is enough to eliminate the through the wall issue [which is an issue], but 3 seconds means the fight is already over before it procs.

Don't like getting hurt by status effects, counter with Hazard Protection. Otherwise deal with it as the weakness in the build you prefer. PvP is all about builds and counters. Stop crying like a baby because your preferred build can't be perfect in all situations.

At least they're finally fixing the broken Pestilence/TP malarkey.
     3 people found this helpful

I have red your first post, and let me put it this way.
    First of all you havent tested it, second of all you asume it is a bad change without testing it.
    So now maintaining a LOS for 3 seconds is something odd in your opinion ?? Yeah, is better to have magic wand that does everything for you, without even sticking your nose out of cover. Whats next ? Auto-aim exotic gloves ??

Hazard protection and burn resistance?? - against a full dps build with imperial holster ??
    Maybe you should read the post you're quoting? Hint: 1.59s vs 3s.

Maybe you should read the post you're quoting? Hint: 1.59s vs 3s.
    Well, be more specific next time.
    First post or first part/sentence of 3rd, 4th post ? Because your first post doesnt say anything about 1.59 s.
    Nevertheless, you havent replied to any of my arguments.
    1.59 vs 3 seconds ? And how did tou tested it ? Let me guess, you jump to dz with your friend and face- tank each other on 5 m distance with 100% accuracy, without mooving? Is this how pvp looks like ?
    Give me a brake, if every fight you are in to ends up within 2 seconds, either you that good or that bad.
    Unbrakable, cover, shields, incoming repairs, efficient, defender drone, movement, accuracy, medkits and others.
    And not everyone is running with m1a.
    If you want to test it properly, im available.
     2 people found this helpful

Page 1 of 8 123 ... Last ►►