🛈 Announcement
Greetings! Anno forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game

UPLAY and Ubisoft Connect / geforce now compatible ?

i no longer have acces to a pc anymore as it went pop 6 months ago. so i am using my nvidia shield to acces steam on geforcenow. (Cloud pc)

I want to know if geforce now supports the uplay cdkey version of Anno 2070 that i can buy for about £5. Specifically i can see the game can be bought in steam direct for over 3 times the cost but if i was purchsed from cd keys it uses the uplay activation system. i am unsure if the ubisoft connect that displays in steam would be compatible with the uplay key i would recieve.

Would you be able to tell me if this would be possible ? How does uplay work? Does that extract a key that is used in ubisoft connect ??

I am confused and dont want to waste my money if it isnt going to work.

Appreciate you time and expertise on this.

Many thanks

Andy Herbert

Ubi-Milky's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Hello Andy, thanks for posting in the Anno 2070 forums!

The easiest way to not have this issue, would be to check out our link here for a list of approved key sellers from our games and purchase a game key from one of theses sellers - https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/faqs/0...-Ubisoft-games)

If the Anno 2070 key is bought from a retailer other than the ones on this list such as a key reseller, they simply wont work in Geforce Now, when Geforce Now asks you to input the key.