Silver, ALWAYS playing against plat and gold. Does UBI care?

It has gotten to the point where I can not even get a kill.
    Casual or ranked, same thing. Im a silver 3 playing aginst plats. Ugh
     1 people found this helpful

The only way to fix this is literally just to make more ranks i have always suggested them adding two more ranks to the game.

The entire 'matchmaking' system is a joke that just isn't funny. I really don't think UBI's system actually does any matchmaking at all, especially in Casual. There's no 'balance' there whatsoever. Casual teams will have 1 platinum, 2-3 golds and 1 silver on one team, and no ranked players at all on the other team. I think UBI just says they're 'matchmaking', but not really doing anything to arrange matches based on equal skill. They seem to be just throwing random players into random matches. I see no evidence at all that any matches on any servers have any balance in them. Otherwise, why would so many people be complaining that every match they play have lopsided teams?

Here is the thing i don't mind that because casual shouldn't be for winning it should be for having fun. I don't even care about casual having plats or diamonds etc etc on another teach if you are just playing for fun which is what casual should be. Casual should be about trying your best but not caring if you win because there is nothing to gain or lose in it.

Originally Posted by WOTH.Lo-fi Go to original post
    The only way to fix this is literally just to make more ranks i have always suggested them adding two more ranks to the game.
    how in the world would that help?

UbiShoreman's Avatar Community Representative
    Originally Posted by LyfizMine Go to original post
    It has gotten to the point where I can not even get a kill.
    Casual or ranked, same thing. Im a silver 3 playing aginst plats. Ugh
    Hey Lyf, When you say "always" how frequently would you say it is? Like nine out of ten games?

Originally Posted by UbiShoreman Go to original post
    Hey Lyf, When you say "always" how frequently would you say it is? Like nine out of ten games?
    Most likely. Same case for me whenever I do decided to play.

croken717's Avatar Senior Member
    I do often find my team of low silvers constantly playing against 1 or 2 golds...at least 90% of the time. They justify it because they averaged a "bronze" in with their team. But that doesn't make for a balanced matchmaking. If a team has 1 gold, 3 silvers, and 1 bronze...they should be matched up against a team with a very similar layout. Just "averaging" ranks doesn't make for a balanced match.

Casual need to take rank into account. Ive literally had games where the enemy team had 4 plats and its ridiculous. I hope this is talked about in the upcoming dev feedback as we never seem to get a proper response which is annoying.

lceycat's Avatar Member
    We had a friend hop on last night who hasn't played for MONTHS. We were playing as a 5 stack and the whole time it was nice. We were mostly winning, things didn't feel super sweaty, when we won we had to work for it a bit but it was doable and when we lost with the exception of one match it didn't feel like a total domination or anything.

The minute my friend logged out and it was now a 4 stack of our usual group (we're a mix of mid Golds) we started getting very sweaty matches. One match contained 2 Platinum 1s and a Champion plus a Copper V level 37 smurf with 100 sensitivity flicks and a random 5th player so that one went to crap pretty quickly.

All the rest of the matches went like this for the next hour and a half or so. Then I realized. My friend who hadn't played in months had no casual MMR. Like literally Zero. So having him on our team must have tanked our team's average casual MMR (it's hidden in casual so who knows exactly) when he left our team's casual MMR went back to normal and we started getting placed against the sweaties again.

The system always pairs us up against them because even though they're 4-6 skill tiers in Ranked higher than we are we've played significantly more casual therefore are deemed by matchmaking to be on even footing because we have more accumulated wins/losses in casual than these Ranked Champions, Plat 1s and Diamonds so since the system is blind to rank in casual sees us as a "good" match.

Maybe we just need to find someone who's never played casual before every time we play apparently to tank our MMR so we can actually play against people our own skill level because we sure as heck don't belong in matches playing against Diamonds and Champions with our lowly mid Gold clearance.