Crossplatform

We must all want this ps4 and Xbox to play together and even pc but come one ubisoft need to add this show support

Originally Posted by X9.Nandos Go to original post
    We must all want this ps4 and Xbox to play together and even pc but come one ubisoft need to add this show support
    Yeah, they really should add crossplay for all people with a controller(ps4, xbone, pc). There are no downsides to that.
    And maybe add official keyboard support on consoles to make crossplay available for it too

I was hoping PS4 to PS5 would be cancelled for cross console play. So all players buying Siege next gen starts over in rank. Since i'm switching from XBOX1 to PS5. So i'll be starting over in rank. Probably be griefed and voted as a low ranker starting over. I hope they have most the characters unlocked for me since next gen Siege will most likely be $60.

next gen siege is exactly the same game but on another console, they won't charge $60 for the base game. and what do you mean by PS4 to PS5? ps4 to ps5 what?

Originally Posted by haircombee Go to original post
    next gen siege is exactly the same game but on another console, they won't charge $60 for the base game. and what do you mean by PS4 to PS5? ps4 to ps5 what?
    PS4 Siege players can play with PS5 Siege players. Unless it's just PS4 backward compatible Siege instead of remastered Siege for PS5. So then i'll have to buy the PS4 version when I get PS5. Cause i'm XBOX1. Unless it's remastered Siege. I rather have the PS5 version then, even though probably wont change much. But still i'll be starting over in rank. Possibly characters unless I get most of them unlocked when and if I buy Siege again.

UbiShoreman's Avatar Community Representative
    Originally Posted by X9.Nandos Go to original post
    Would you want theoretical separate queues for Controller vs MNK players?

Originally Posted by UbiShoreman Go to original post
    Would you want theoretical separate queues for Controller vs MNK players?
    I don't think there is any other way Devs can implement crossplay. Making separate input-based queues is the way to go, because if it's everyone vs everyone it would be unfair to gamepad players.

The two consoles should definitely have crossplay as there's nothing to lose. But what if a pc player started using a controller but once the game started switched to mouse and keyboard? Is it possible to block all input from a mouse and keyboard for the whole game if you start it with a controller plugged in?

The two consoles should definitely have crossplay as there's nothing to lose. But what if a pc player started using a controller but once the game started switched to mouse and keyboard? Is it possible to block all input from a mouse and keyboard for the whole game if you start it with a controller plugged in?
    Other games have solved this without too much trouble. Look at Call of Duty and Warzone. If you try to switch input methods mid game, you simply can't. I think input based matchmaking like Fortnite or CoD would be great, and also official support for MnK on console should be implemented. That way people can choose if they want to play withg mixed or fixed inputs, and it would be possible to use your input method of choice, regardless of platform.

Originally Posted by Slammin. Go to original post
    Plenty to lose if changing brand name like me with XBOX1 to PS5. UBISOFT said accounts wont transfer. Even though I have the same email linked to both accounts. I'll be using my old PS3 handle for PS5. So i'll be starting over at zero rank. Also who knows what characters will be giving to me buying a new next gen version. But still plenty to lose as zero rank since i'll either be voted or team killed.