🛈 Announcement
Greetings! The For Honor forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game
    MrBdur's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Knight_Raime Go to original post
    Eh. I wouldnt say the skill gap in the game is huge. A better way to put it imho is the game has a decently high skill floor. The entry point is brutal especially these days. Not to say a skill gap doesn't exist. I just don't think its massive.

I do not have the game installed on my Xbox, I was thinking of reinstalling post TG changes so I could play with a few friends I left behind.
    The difference in skill between myself and truly fresh players (as I experienced when I smurfed for 20 minutes) was INCREDIBLE. I could not believe how hard the game seemed for them. The difference was a total joke, and as good as it feels to win, it did NOT feel good bullying fresh players. It simply wasn't fair. I ended up serving as a teacher, showing them both how to parry and dodge and be smarter. Lol

Once the TG changes are up, if you wanna have a friendly duel, lemme know. I can't wait for the TG changes. So many positive things. I'll definitely be back in the game when they finally go live.

Originally Posted by MrBdur Go to original post
    The difference in skill between myself and truly fresh players (as I experienced when I smurfed for 20 minutes) was INCREDIBLE. I could not believe how hard the game seemed for them. The difference was a total joke, and as good as it feels to win, it did NOT feel good bullying fresh players. It simply wasn't fair. I ended up serving as a teacher, showing them both how to parry and dodge and be smarter. Lol

Once the TG changes are up, if you wanna have a friendly duel, lemme know. I can't wait for the TG changes. So many positive things. I'll definitely be back in the game when they finally go live.
    ye. I used to give people tips on how to beat mix ups when I was on console. Also send them positive messages sometimes too. Positive reinforcement goes a long way.
    Even if I had it on console atm i'd have to politely refuse. As i've not really played much FH in months. So unless you just wanted to duel for funsies instead of trying to prove a point I wouldn't really be on for that.

Originally Posted by Knight_Raime Go to original post
    ye. I used to give people tips on how to beat mix ups when I was on console. Also send them positive messages sometimes too. Positive reinforcement goes a long way.
    Even if I had it on console atm i'd have to politely refuse. As i've not really played much FH in months. So unless you just wanted to duel for funsies instead of trying to prove a point I wouldn't really be on for that.
    I only ever feel a need to prove anything when someone outright claims I must suck at the game, because it's fun proving people wrong.

But yeah I'd be down for some fun time duels LOL

"True gamers will play it on PC, for the better graphics, the greater amount of frame per seconds and the best gaming experience in general.However console also has it's pluses, I enjoy it more playing FIFA on console, especially on the 1vs1 games and tournaments between friends.
    When you look it from the economic point of view, as console is way cheaper than good PC that will run the latest games, and even if it runs them now, you will need serious updates every 1-2 years depending on how fanatic you are. With the console it's way more simple, a new console will come every 8-10 years, and that's almost all you need to buy..
    Then the last thing would be the games prices, with the cd keys for pc games, prices are around 50% off, so it allows you to make great deals buy purchasing even if it's a brand new title, you will get a minimum of 30% off the price as a start, then 40% during the following days while in the same time, the console game will be stuck at $59.99 for a while, and digital downloads and cd keys are also available for the consoles, but gamedeals are more rare in the opposite are cdkeys which are covering 100% of the titles, and come with a discount from the pre-order up to 90% off after some years.

If you play fifa, nba 2k or such games, on casual occasions and with friends, I would go for a console, but if you are a hardcore gamer that value more graphics, fluidity and you spend a bunch of time behind your screen, playing all genre of games, PC is the right console for you. You will be able to play games at the maximum of their capacity, and for a fraction of the price of a console game."

True story... I totally agree with him... I think the real gamers do everything from the PC.

*** Edited for Content - Links removed - bitebug2003

Theres things I've experienced myself on both pc and console that seem weird for me. Ill start this by saying Im mainly an xbox player, a highlander main, my average reactions are close to 300ms, and I have a series X for the 60 fps and reduced input delay. My Pc set up is a 7 year old laptop that manages to play for honor at roughly 80 fps with minimal settings.

Overall i have an easier time on xbox for sure. Most players have old gen consoles which isnt as fair so im able to get away with a lot more on console than pc. The frame rates i play on both platforms are roughly the same not much difference there. but one thing that seemed weird to me was how certain attacks and moves on Pc just seemed to take longer. On pc i could react parry Tiandi undodgeable lights. On xbox i struggle to block it at times. Im not sure what the difference here is but its been consistent everytime im on pc.

I myself lose to light spam. I know its an issue with myself and i know its partly because i have a slower reaction time on average. Ive come up with tactics and ways to get around it and even on pc i lose to it. Its something that i struggle with and always have with for honor. I believe light spam and the issues like it are more tied to overall playerbase knowledge as well as hardware for sure. When the CCU first dropped before the next gen consoles came out i was close to dropping for honor. I couldnt handle the input delay coupled with smaller indicators on top of 30 fps. I physically couldnt. After the jump to next gen it definitely got better. But now the game for me plays more like it did pre CCU instead of magically better.

I think as time goes and more console players move to next gen the complaints will start to iron themselves out because the difference really is night and day. Sadly i dont have the reaction time to fully make use of the system i have but it makes the game playable for me.

I play oh both pc and console. Light spam isn't a problem for me on either. It definitely is a challenge to parry lights on console, but parrying isn't necessary to stop light spammers

Y'all just revived a thread I made a full year ago.

Noobs.

is it not still a relevant topic?

Originally Posted by Saint_YeetsXB Go to original post
    is it not still a relevant topic?
    Sure, but don't revive old threads is kind of just forum etiquette and most revived threads end up being closed by admins.

Just make a new thread lol

lol i didnt revive it, got baited into it but theres still good talking points here as well