Lawbringers getting on my nerves

How in the world are you suppose to beat a LB? Especially while using a hero with reflex guard? I can manage ok with a static guard because I can just hold it up and parry side lights when they do come, but without that static guard, I honestly feel defenseless against the top light. Its way too fast to react to for me, and most LB players dont stick to a set pattern of attacks to make it predictable enough to counter. Someone with bashes fairs pretty good, until they just dodge shove you to death. I feel like he can easily counter every hero. I can destroy LBs with Highlander if I just stay at range, but other than him, I struggle so much.

I can parry followup lights after getting hit with an opening heavy easily, but even after doing that, they just stop throwing the followup light. I understand his heavies are really easy to parry, and to get to his unblockable takes time, but I always find myself getting mixed by heavy feints and the top light. I main Warlord so I can light attack LB out of most of his stuff, but that usually just leads to them baiting it out for a easy light parry. Plus his health pool is enormous so chipping away with lights takes too long. I also still think his punishes are too high even after the nerf. 2 top heavies after an oos forward throw pretty much kills you instantly unless you are a heavy or were at full health.

Im not trying to sound like im complaining, but I just cant hold it in against LB. I can exploit most heroes nowadays, even BP, but LB is just broken to me. No other hero makes me want to alt+f4 faster than him. Are there any further plans to adjust him, or is this just how he is going to be because I cant stand fighting Lawbringers.

P.s Im not trying to main shame, so please dont feel offended by this post, Im just expressing my feelings toward the character in general and why I think he is broken.

Top light has tiny range. Why are you that close?

My suggestion is grab LB and try out the combos in training, they have counters, but learn the moves to learn the counter

Originally Posted by bLACK.bEACH Go to original post
    How in the world are you suppose to beat a LB? Especially while using a hero with reflex guard? I can manage ok with a static guard because I can just hold it up and parry side lights when they do come, but without that static guard, I honestly feel defenseless against the top light. Its way too fast to react to for me, and most LB players dont stick to a set pattern of attacks to make it predictable enough to counter. Someone with bashes fairs pretty good, until they just dodge shove you to death. I feel like he can easily counter every hero. I can destroy LBs with Highlander if I just stay at range, but other than him, I struggle so much.

I can parry followup lights after getting hit with an opening heavy easily, but even after doing that, they just stop throwing the followup light. I understand his heavies are really easy to parry, and to get to his unblockable takes time, but I always find myself getting mixed by heavy feints and the top light. I main Warlord so I can light attack LB out of most of his stuff, but that usually just leads to them baiting it out for a easy light parry. Plus his health pool is enormous so chipping away with lights takes too long. I also still think his punishes are too high even after the nerf. 2 top heavies after an oos forward throw pretty much kills you instantly unless you are a heavy or were at full health.

Im not trying to sound like im complaining, but I just cant hold it in against LB. I can exploit most heroes nowadays, even BP, but LB is just broken to me. No other hero makes me want to alt+f4 faster than him. Are there any further plans to adjust him, or is this just how he is going to be because I cant stand fighting Lawbringers.

P.s Im not trying to main shame, so please dont feel offended by this post, Im just expressing my feelings toward the character in general and why I think he is broken.
    Lawbringer is currently busted and anyone worth a damn knows it. If they say otherwise, they are probably lying.

HL can beat LB because HL is also broken LOL.

LB, Conq, HL, Shugo, JJ. Basically all the biggest tankiest heroes have some broken mechanic atm.

LB: HA shove and 400ms top light = broken

Conq: Bash spam, full block -> free ub heavy, best zone in game by far = broken

HL: OF 50/50's = broken

Shugo: HA light, heavy feint to hug = broken

JJ: Too fast for his size and class, Sifu from OOS = broken

Fighting him as shaolin is also a terrible experience because he can dodge bash anything you do and because shoalin feints his mixups so slowly LB is basically always GB immune. Not to mention shaolin has ridiculous recovery times on all of his moves.

Gaser.'s Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by CanadianSoupMan Go to original post
    Fighting him as shaolin is also a terrible experience because he can dodge bash anything you do and because shoalin feints his mixups so slowly LB is basically always GB immune. Not to mention shaolin has ridiculous recovery times on all of his moves.
    That kinda reminds me, is it just me or does a GB after a missed QI Stance Kick seems a bit to much?

His recoverys in General are kinda strange in my opinion.

Originally Posted by Gaser. Go to original post
    That kinda reminds me, is it just me or does a GB after a missed QI Stance Kick seems a bit to much?

His recoverys in General are kinda strange in my opinion.
    Yeah everyone can punish shaolin with GB on reaction to his attacks. With bp or lb you have to basically make a read to get your gb because you need to be already dodged and ready to grab while they are in their animations. People just dodge my QI kick and then just wait a full second and then GB me a year later. It's like this with all of his attacks including just plain old lights or heavies. I am pretty sure even his GB fail has a higher than normal recovery lol.

The heroes you mentioned have something easily exploited however. HL is easy mode if you just stay in their face and bait out light parries, (plus if you can dodge the kick to grab, your just not going to lose against HL) Shugo is very predictable and you can basically roll out the moment you see the unblockable indicator appear, JJ's lights are easily parried if your paying attention and Conq is easily punished after a missed bash. Pretty much every hero other than LB can be dealt with if your smart or patient.

The problem with LB is he cannot be punished at all, unless you parry, your not going to get damage on him. Maybe get some guardbreaks off heavy feints, but like I said before, if you do it once, it most likely wont happen again. If you are dueling a LB, the fight will last to the end of every round almost unless you get clapped first. Its so frustrating fighting a hero with almost no counters and happens to have the biggest health pool in the game as well, so even if you manage to deal some damage, its never enough. Plus his side dodge shove properties are the dumbest thing I have seen in this game since launch. (i.e LB literally dodging inches to the side and getting a free shove...complete horse.)

What moves? Constant Heavy feints into top lights? Not a good character design whether intended or not, its broken. Even if you manage to gb out of a heavy, all they have to do is just not throw heavies and stand there with their guard to the heavens in hopes you happen to switch you guard for that sweet 400ms bs light.

Originally Posted by bLACK.bEACH Go to original post
    The heroes you mentioned have something easily exploited however. HL is easy mode if you just stay in their face and bait out light parries, (plus if you can dodge the kick to grab, your just not going to lose against HL) Shugo is very predictable and you can basically roll out the moment you see the unblockable indicator appear, JJ's lights are easily parried if your paying attention and Conq is easily punished after a missed bash. Pretty much every hero other than LB can be dealt with if your smart or patient.

The problem with LB is he cannot be punished at all, unless you parry, your not going to get damage on him. Maybe get some guardbreaks off heavy feints, but like I said before, if you do it once, it most likely wont happen again. If you are dueling a LB, the fight will last to the end of every round almost unless you get clapped first. Its so frustrating fighting a hero with almost no counters and happens to have the biggest health pool in the game as well, so even if you manage to deal some damage, its never enough. Plus his side dodge shove properties are the dumbest thing I have seen in this game since launch. (i.e LB literally dodging inches to the side and getting a free shove...complete horse.)
    Lol, either you're on PC, or you're playing at a much lower level than me if this is your honest opinion.

Originally Posted by xX_The_B_Dur_Xx Go to original post
    Lol, either you're on PC, or you're playing at a much lower level than me if this is your honest opinion.
    I don't think someone who thinks Highlander and Shugoki is broken has the right to claim he is higher skill than anyone else. Even the barely avarage players know they are among the weakest heroes, especially highlander.
     2 people found this helpful

Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last ►►